Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thursday 8/8/2013 - Reboot
JDubb Wrote:
Joe Wrote:Some guy on TOMB is pretty fucked up with Crohn's Disease and is running a marathon for charity. Figured I'd post it over here.

http://www.active.com/donations/fundrais...force_a2=y
My Dad has crohn's and there is a possibility my son does. He has been having some digestion issues and the symptoms sound like crohn's. He doesn't want to go to the doctor to get it checked out because they would have to do blood work and he HATES needles.

My Dad got pretty messed up a few years ago with a flair up. He had several feet of his small intestine removed. It's a shitty disease.

I'd push him to go get checked, one or two needles is nothing until you are laying in a hospital bed and the fat nurse is ramming an IV into your hand constantly because she just can't seem to find the vein.

Jim's dad has Chron's & Jim has ulcerative colitis. The disease is easier to manage when you control it with diet & in some cases some pills.
Chip Wrote:
NussieT Wrote:
Joe Wrote:Man... The Chive is such a great website.

My MIL is a 50 year old woman acting like she's 25. She's constantly on The Chive. She's even has several KCCO shirts and I want to punch in ther face because it drives me crazy.

Maybe you should just keep calm...

My favorite is when she tries to squeeze herself into skinny jeans or leggings then she wears these calf high heeled boots and then a KCCO shirt or some other younger woman shirt and go out in public. I just shake my head.
NussieT Wrote:
Chip Wrote:
NussieT Wrote:
Joe Wrote:Man... The Chive is such a great website.

My MIL is a 50 year old woman acting like she's 25. She's constantly on The Chive. She's even has several KCCO shirts and I want to punch in ther face because it drives me crazy.

Maybe you should just keep calm...

My favorite is when she tries to squeeze herself into skinny jeans or leggings then she wears these calf high heeled boots and then a KCCO shirt or some other younger woman shirt and go out in public. I just shake my head.

Train wrecks are fun to watch.
From a distance that is.
Chip Wrote:Train wrecks are fun to watch.
From a distance that is.

She wonders why I won't go out in public with her anymore.
whats a kcco shirt?
LeNeve Wrote:whats a kcco shirt?

The Chive shirts. Keep Calm & Chive On...
LeNeve Wrote:whats a kcco shirt?

Not a shirt, but, you get the point.

[Image: tug-on-dem-clothes-11.jpg?w=500&h=847]
I was at a pour this morning and the crew that was finishing the concrete was awesome. I am used to a few crews that we work with often, sometimes (like last week) we get a guy who is a complete dick and will scream at you because he thinks he's superior to you and soemtimes you get a crew who works great together, makes the job site pleasurable to be at and will help you.
Today the crew was awesome. They asked me if one of the crew guys had a sexy enough hand to be a working man hand model and said they were going to make a good business out of it. Little while later, one falls face first in the concrete and they all just laughed. Apparently on that crew, whoever falls in the crete buys beer so we are going out this evening for a few drinks.
I guess i don't know what the chive is.
now I won't be able to keep calm. Confusedad:
If you buy one of the shirts, you too can live this life style...

[Image: arizona-meetup-42.jpg?w=919&h=613]
I would chive on her butt.
LeNeve Wrote:I guess i don't know what the chive is.

http://www.thechive.com
LeNeve Wrote:I guess i don't know what the chive is.

It's a website.
<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.thechive.com">www.thechive.com</a><!-- w -->
Learn it, love it.
watch out! theres a black guy behind you!
LeNeve Wrote:watch out! theres a black guy behind you!

Surprise buttsecks.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Thursday 02/23/17: Party Chip 6 1,017 07-17-2021, 05:10 AM
Last Post: Nortoncomsetup
  9-9-10 Thursday...I'm very tired today. Iva13 410 1,465 04-09-2020, 05:18 AM
Last Post: isoexpert
  Thursday, November 7th 2019 - Big Day (Again) Joe 14 33 11-10-2019, 06:36 AM
Last Post: NussieT
  thursday Jan 5, 2012.....well done Eddie Brampton 237 5,593 02-23-2017, 09:43 PM
Last Post: Beckster
  Thursday, Sept 29 / Friday, Sept 30, 2016 Beckster 2 643 09-29-2016, 03:55 PM
  Thursday, September 22, 2016 ~ Friday Eve Beckster 0 497 09-22-2016, 08:50 AM
  Thursday 09/15/16: Manbearpig Chip 1 554 09-16-2016, 09:27 AM
  Thursday, September 1, 2016 ~ Preschool Beckster 15 1,025 09-01-2016, 03:22 PM
Last Post: Chip
  Thursday, August 25, 2016 ~ Yawns Beckster 1 460 08-25-2016, 02:00 PM
  Thursday, August 18, 2016 ~ 3 weeks Beckster 11 1,231 08-18-2016, 03:54 PM