Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3/13... Happy 3rd Birthday to DBN
Happy Birthday DBN. :tater:
Everything I say is not true and all things I claim to have done or do are just made up for argument sake!!
[Image: nph_loves_mondays.gif]
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:At this point in my life, there is no way I would allow or purchase alcohol or anything like that to minors. I think it has a lot to do with my nieces and stepkid. If any of those girls so much as think about trying that stuff, I'd beat their butts.

They are going to do it whether they are going to get their asses kicked or not. I used to smoke a shit load of dope in high school fully knowing that if my dad found out I'd have my ass kicked and I'd be getting up at 5am to do chores for a month. I still did it.
As a parent I think it's our job to teach proper alcohol responsibility:

- Having a DD or knowing that if you were to call someone at 3am, they'll come get you no questions asked.
and
- Knowing when they've had enough... because nothings better than a ride in an ambulance to go to the hospital to get your stomach pumped.

I was taught this by my dad... Sure I threw up once or twice, passed out next to a baseboard heater and burnt my back but I always got home safe, made sure my guests were not driving home drunk and I was never scared my dad was going to kill me for drinking... He said he'd rather come pick me up at 3am then having his heart broken at 3am after they scrapped my dead body off the ground.
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:Sorry, Covino, but Jim and I have introduced his daughter to Flight of the Navigator, Ernest Goes to Camp and a bunch of those old Disney movies like Homeward Bound and she absolutely loved them. Kids don't care as long as they enjoy it.

Agreed. My son likes to watch Back To The Future and Who Framed Roger Rabbit?
michaelangelo Wrote:yesterday was such a nice day, i went for a walk with my daughter and we played outside for about an hour, today, blizzard when I woke up and it's been snowing all day. I was really looking forward to spring

It's Spring in MB. We've hit double digits this week already. Today was +11 and it's suppose to be +22C on Friday and +24 on Sat & Sun. Our business property has all the snow melting away and has turned it into a muddy mess. We've been pumping away the sitting water so that it will dry up.
Joe Wrote:
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:My mom seems to think of my lack of employment as a reason to call twice every hour. Oh Gawd.... :killme:

I'm enjoying being at home today. I'm thinking I need to think of a money making idea that keeps me home.

Start your own business.... it's scary at first but if you are smart, willing to drop the cash or able to get some good financial backing. You should have no problems.
I have been offered an opportunity to buy a driving school including the fleet of trucks & trailers. It's tempting but I am not sure if I want to jump in feet first just yet...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Happy DBN Day. Joe 0 3 03-13-2020, 06:20 AM
Last Post: Joe
  Monday 11/30/2015 - Happy Cyber Monday Joe 18 356 11-30-2015, 03:31 PM
Last Post: Beckster
  Tuesday 11/03/15: Happy Anniversary Jesseie Chip 11 242 11-05-2015, 12:14 PM
  Monday 06/29/15 - Birthday whoops!!! NussieT 3 169 06-29-2015, 02:18 PM
  Friday, June 19, 2015 ~ HAPPY BIRTHDAY, T!! Beckster 22 236 06-22-2015, 08:05 AM
  Happy New Year Derick 4 339 01-03-2015, 01:16 AM
  Wednesday 12/3/2014... Birthday Extravaganza Derick 7 265 12-05-2014, 09:26 AM
  Monday 03/17/14 - Happy St. Patrick's Day Joe 45 621 03-19-2014, 09:30 PM
Last Post: eddieyourdj
  Thursday 03/13 - Happy Anniversary DBN JDubb 53 604 03-13-2014, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Pete Nice
  Thursday 10/31/2013 - Happy Halloween Joe 48 574 11-06-2013, 12:31 PM