Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ghost Stories
So it's roughly the late 90s... A friend and I were driving somewhere between midnight and 1 AM down a road a few minutes from home. I had been down that road probably a few thousand times so it never really had a creepy aspect to it. It's a road that has a camp ground on one side and woods on the other side. Once you pass the camp ground the road goes up and down a few small hills and it becomes woods on both sides. The sides of the road drop down into a small ditch and then go right back up a steep hill. In other words, there's no way for anyone to pull over on the road and actually get off the road.

So anyway we go down this road and we pass by the campground and hit the section where it's all woods and hills. Just as I come over one of the hills I see a female dressed in a white dress standing on the double yellow lines with her back to us. I rarely ever drove near the speed limit on that road so when I saw her I was kind of hauling ass. Before I could really even react I was already passing her. I don't know if my first impression was that I was passing a ghost, but for some reason I didn't want to look as I was passing her.

About 1/8 of a mile passed where the girl was the road came to an end at a traffic light. When I reached the traffic light I turned to my friend who had looked like he saw a ghost. We both agreed on what we saw and decided we needed to go back in case if was some girl that needed help. When we turned the car around and went back to where she was there was no one there. Like I said there was no way for anyone to really get off of the road with the sides of the road like it is. Plus, what the hell would a chick be doing in the road in what looked like a wedding dress at 1 AM?

I made a few passes down the road slowly and saw nothing more that night or any other night I drove down that road. I'm just glad I had someone with me or I wouldn't even believe what I saw.

Messages In This Thread

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Interview Horror Stories Joe 12 4,517 04-14-2011, 08:14 AM
Last Post: Chip