Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interview Horror Stories
Lately one of the most important things on my mind has been getting job interviews. I've gone on many interviews in my life, but have never really gone on interviews while I'm unemployed. It certainly challenges your confidence when landing the job means that you might not have to worry any longer about losing your house. I thought a good topic for discussion would be any horror stories you may have had doing an interview. So, ya got any?
Not really on an interview, but my uncle hired some guy to frame houses with us and he shit his pants his first day on the job. He left and never came back didn't even call to try to get paid for the day :fart:
Every interview I have, I am nervous as hell and hate to be put on the spot. No horror stories yet. But plenty of shouldofs... I should've said this, I should've noted that...
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
The worst interview I had was with the company I'm working for right now. I did 3 phone interviews with 3 different people, then went and sat at a table with 8 people asking me questions for 4 hours followed up by the final interview with my current boss.

The worst one before that was with tghe company I worked for before this one. I wanted to punch the guy because I thought he was the biggest asshole I ever met on an interview. I never thought I'd find myself working for him. Those were both within the last 2 years and it's funny that I wound up working for both of them considering I've done at least 30 interviews in the last 2 years.
I haven't interviewed for a full time job in the past almost 8yrs so if I had to do it now, I'd be nervous like Matt.
My worst one was about 10yrs ago when I got an interview with Comcast as a cable installer. I think the guy interviewing me had the mentality that I was a young punk kid at the time and he seemed like he was talking down to me and putting me on the spot. I didn't get the job but I got a letter in the mail saying that the position was filled.
[Image: Pieman-1.jpg?t=1284932424][Image: Yuingling-1.jpg?t=1277772886][Image: 0628101537a-1.jpg?t=1277772720]
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:Every interview I have, I am nervous as hell and hate to be put on the spot. No horror stories yet. But plenty of shouldofs... I should've said this, I should've noted that...

Now that I've been working for 10 years in this field, I'm a lot more comfortable in an interview.
But, I still come out of them with a long list of 'should of's.
I had an interview at a machine shop 10 years ago probaly. The guy scheduled the interview for Saturday morning. weird. Anyway I went out got drunk, and some random hooker left hickies all over my neck. I never went to sleep, went to the interview all hickied up, and drunk still.

I got the job somehow, and worked for the guy for 4 or 5 years. Good guy. I learned a ton working for him, and he straightened me out quite a bit too. I honestly don't know what would have happened in my life if he didn't hire me.
LeNeve Wrote:I had an interview at a machine shop 10 years ago probaly. The guy scheduled the interview for Saturday morning. weird. Anyway I went out got drunk, and some random hooker left hickies all over my neck. I never went to sleep, went to the interview all hickied up, and drunk still.

I got the job somehow, and worked for the guy for 4 or 5 years. Good guy. I learned a ton working for him, and he straightened me out quite a bit too. I honestly don't know what would have happened in my life if he didn't hire me.

Maybe he was the hooker...

[Image: 1232550297_Dramatic%20chipmunk.gif]
[Image: Your_Greatest_Weakness.jpg]
I used to interview and NEVER asked that question, I always thought is was dumb.

What if I answered "I don't have one"? Anyone interview and have to ask what a greatest weakness was? IF so, what would your reaction be if I said that?
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
Pete Nice Wrote:I used to interview and NEVER asked that question, I always thought is was dumb.

What if I answered "I don't have one"? Anyone interview and have to ask what a greatest weakness was? IF so, what would your reaction be if I said that?

The last interview I went on, it my first one in a long time, the guy was not a person who interviews regularly.
I could tell he was just one of the workers.
Because he asked ALL those lame questions like that.
I was not expecting them and bombed the interview.
I think I just said I keep things too long, and let them pile up.
:killme:
I interviewed to be a night stocker at a grocery store. The first one the grocery manager loved me, all good. They scheduled me for a monday morning 2nd interview with the owner.
The sunday before about 8 of us went out for wings got hammered. My little (26) brother wanted to drive my car home. I let him drive. It was like monsooning out he's blasting through puddles and i can feel that the car is wanting to hydroplane. I made him pull over and let me drive and he wouldn't get back in the car. i go to grab him and make him get in and he puncched me right between the eyes. Story goes on, but not relavant. After a bunch of BS i end up driving us home.

So the monday morning i show up for the interview, to meet the owner of the whole place, with a big cut right between my eyebrows, hungover and i'm sure i smelled like booze. They hired me anyways. I didn't really care either way.
I'm still in there and all the managers love me. I gotta get the fuck out of that job though.

P.S. When i showed up to interview for that union job i was on point. That was just a random bad timing thing. I haven't fought with my brother since we were like 13
[Image: Why_Do_You_Want_To_Work_Here.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ghost Stories Joe 10 6,772 11-20-2013, 04:54 PM
Last Post: Beckster
  50 Interview Questions Joe 1 1,334 05-10-2011, 03:13 PM
Last Post: Beckster
  Interview Dress and Image Tips Just for Men JDubb 2 1,636 04-06-2011, 10:36 AM
Last Post: Chip
  10 Ways to Ruin a Job Interview Joe 5 2,457 05-22-2009, 08:15 PM
Last Post: Brampton