Dudebro Nation

Full Version: Ghost Stories
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyone ever experienced a ghost? Share your story.
A few days after my mom and I made the decision to pull the plug on my mom's younger sister, I was taking a bath (not that I didn't bathe/shower before that) and someone started pounding on the front door. I yelled to them that I would be there in a moment and threw some clothes on. The whole time, there was just this heavy pounding coming from the front door. I got to the door, but there was no one there. No one in the driveway, no signs that anyone had been there at all (It was in the winter). My old house was out in the boonies with a relatively long driveway and a busy main road and open fields around it. I should have seen someone or a car waiting to pull out of the driveway. My aunt, whom I was super close to, was always superstitious and would joke with me that when she died she would come back to haunt me.
I don't believe in ghosts, but that kind of shook me up and made me wonder. The noise never happened again either.

When I was getting ready to move out of that place, I would find a random pink Sweet and Low wrapper in the middle of the floor. Grandma had used to use those in her coffee all of the time and leave wrappers everywhere. I had gotten rid of what was left long before and I couldn't figure out where those were appearing from.

I am sure I could have found a more legit explanation for it, I just didn't.
So it's roughly the late 90s... A friend and I were driving somewhere between midnight and 1 AM down a road a few minutes from home. I had been down that road probably a few thousand times so it never really had a creepy aspect to it. It's a road that has a camp ground on one side and woods on the other side. Once you pass the camp ground the road goes up and down a few small hills and it becomes woods on both sides. The sides of the road drop down into a small ditch and then go right back up a steep hill. In other words, there's no way for anyone to pull over on the road and actually get off the road.

So anyway we go down this road and we pass by the campground and hit the section where it's all woods and hills. Just as I come over one of the hills I see a female dressed in a white dress standing on the double yellow lines with her back to us. I rarely ever drove near the speed limit on that road so when I saw her I was kind of hauling ass. Before I could really even react I was already passing her. I don't know if my first impression was that I was passing a ghost, but for some reason I didn't want to look as I was passing her.

About 1/8 of a mile passed where the girl was the road came to an end at a traffic light. When I reached the traffic light I turned to my friend who had looked like he saw a ghost. We both agreed on what we saw and decided we needed to go back in case if was some girl that needed help. When we turned the car around and went back to where she was there was no one there. Like I said there was no way for anyone to really get off of the road with the sides of the road like it is. Plus, what the hell would a chick be doing in the road in what looked like a wedding dress at 1 AM?

I made a few passes down the road slowly and saw nothing more that night or any other night I drove down that road. I'm just glad I had someone with me or I wouldn't even believe what I saw.
Never watch the movie What Lies Beneath and then go drive in heavy fog. It'll scare the shit out of you and have you watching for ghosts.
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:Never watch the movie What Lies Beneath and then go drive in heavy fog. It'll scare the shit out of you and have you watching for ghosts.

Speaking of fog...

I heard stories about an old cemetery in the pine barrens in NJ. The headstones dated back to the 1700s. The area is widely known in books and by ghost hunters. One night we went there and it was really foggy so it was the perfect setting to have the shit scared out of you.

I'm kneeling down with these girls reading stones when he hear noises coming from the trees behind us. Out of the trees comes a pack of deer about 20 deep. I honestly didn't even know they were deer until I was back in the car because I didn't even look back when I started running.

I never got lucky with those girls... Probably because they say me act like a total pussy.
The previous owner of our house died in it. I hung a cross in the baby's room just in case, but I honestly have never seen anything weird or ghostly.

From A Place Where Sleep Is Nonexistent.
The previous owner of my aunts hours died in it and they didn't know. Strange things would always happen in one room. My cousin said so many times it felt like someone would occasionally sit on the bed while she was in it. My cousin didn't live there very long before buying her own house so the room pretty much went unused. Years and years later my cousin's other grandmother was at the hair dresser talking to someone woman discussing their kids and grand kids. When she mentioned where they lived the other woman said he had a friend or family member that used to live on that street too. After a bit more if a discussion they found out that my aunts house was the one the other woman was talking about. Once they established this coincidence the woman said, "Did they ever mention seeing or feeling anything strange in the 2nd bedroom."

Apparently when one of the previous owners died the other people that were still in the house felt like it was being haunted by their relative.
Both my mom and I had eerily similar nightmares about my great grandma's house. I have very vague memories of it being dark and creepy.
There have been a couple occasions where the baby will look up towards the wall where there's nothing and laugh as though someone was standing there. But she may have just been playing.
My mom told me last night a story that jsut happened a couple days ago. My dad belongs to a VFW and the building they use is quite old. I guess the building inspector was out there this week to inspect the place. In the kitchen, there is a stairway that either goes upstairs or down (I don't remember).. I guess he went into that area and quickly turned and left the building saying that he saw a woman floating down the stairs. He is one of those extremely serious, no-nonsense types, so it threw the guy there off for him to to make such a claim.