Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2012 Offseason
"He'd like to play with the Philadelphia Flyers because we all feel that he's just another piece in the puzzle to take them to the next level," Bousquet said. "He doesn't want to go through a rebuilding process again."

He added that his client wouldn't have signed the offer if he weren't ready to close the book on his career in Nashville.

"I don't think you sign an offer sheet unless you're pointing in that one direction," Bousquet said.

But Button was quick to point out the flip side of the strategy, one that could lock Weber into being a Predator for a long time to come.

"If you're exercising your rights under the CBA then you know Nashville can exercise their rights under the CBA and match," Button said. "When you sign this offer sheet, there's no way that you don't want to be in Nashville, because the percentages are very high – like almost 100 per cent – that [Nashville] is going to match the offer sheet."

The way I read that, Craig Button was the one who said that.

Poile and Holmgren are good friends.
My guess is that Weber ends up in Philly, but that Philly trades something to Nashville for all, or some of their picks back.

Messages In This Thread

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2011-2012 Season Chip 177 36,173 06-02-2012, 12:49 PM
Last Post: LeNeve
  2011 Offseason Chip 139 34,971 09-18-2011, 09:15 AM
Last Post: Brampton