Dudebro Nation

Full Version: July 1st, 2010 - Some Canadian Holiday and Empanada Thursday
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
Good morning DBN!
deez nuts
What is Canada Day?
Yo.... :yawn: Going to lunch w/Boe today....then I'm on phones at 1:00....
My calendar says it's Canada Day today! :happy: :happy: Happy Canada day!! Are there fireworks tonight? Maybe I'll see them... :poke:
fattmatt1 Wrote:What is Canada Day?

I think it's like our 4th of July....but maybe we better wait until someone from Canada gets on....I wonder if they have fireworks too???
Frequently referred to as "Canada's birthday", particularly in the popular press,[1][2][3] the occasion marks the joining of the British North American colonies of Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, and the Province of Canada into a federation of four provinces (the Province of Canada being divided, in the process, into Ontario and Quebec) on July 1, 1867. Canada became a kingdom in its own right on that date,[4][5][6] but the British Parliament kept limited rights of political control over the new country that were shed by stages over the years until the last vestiges were surrendered in 1982 when the Constitution Act patriated the Canadian constitution.
Iva13 Wrote:
fattmatt1 Wrote:What is Canada Day?

I think it's like our 4th of July....but maybe we better wait until someone from Canada gets on....I wonder if they have fireworks too???

No, nothing like that. It's the start of the NHL free agency, today at noon. I might not listen to CnR today...

Well, ok. It is their "4th of July".
Detroit and Windsor (the Canadian city right across the river) always do a joint firework thing. But the dumb part of it, is that they did it overa week ago. They always do it a week or 2 before either holiday.
Chip Wrote:No, nothing like that. It's the start of the NHL free agency, today at noon.
Dammit, do we ever get a break from this :killme:
Canada pretty much has the same holidays as USA, they just change the name and the date so they don't look silly for copying us.
Brian in NY Wrote:
Chip Wrote:No, nothing like that. It's the start of the NHL free agency, today at noon.
Dammit, do we ever get a break from this :killme:

Don't worry.
This is the last big 'event' for hockey until camps start opening up around September.
LeNeve Wrote:Canada pretty much has the same holidays as USA, they just change the name and the date so they don't look silly for copying us.

very true. I think their Santa is black. And they use a chicken for thanksgiving.
LeNeve Wrote:Canada pretty much has the same holidays as USA, they just change the name and the date so they don't look silly for copying us.

At least they moved thanksgiving to be like a month away from ours.
And Boxing Day, what the heck is that all about?
Chip Wrote:

At least they moved thanksgiving to be like a month away from ours.
And Boxing Day, what the heck is that all about?
The traditional recorded celebration of Boxing Day has long included giving money and other gifts to those who were needy and in service positions.
Derick Wrote:service positions.
Strippers?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24