Dudebro Nation

Full Version: 05-26-10 --> I really don't want to be at work....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Derick Wrote:
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:But wasn't there guidelines about how fast it can set in during bitter cold temps. And how quick the skin can get frostbite when exposed to the cold?
sure, if you can explain "bitter cold temps". say I run around at 20F naked, its gonna take x amount of time for my core temp to drop 3.6 degrees. Now lets say I run around naked at -20F, its gonna take a lot less time for my core temp to drop. Now lets say I do the same thing, except this time I have jeans and a tee shirt, or 18 layers of clothes. I cant help when you cant provide details

My guy is going to court and one of the major issues is that his baby mama seems to take no action to make sure their 8yr little is dressed appropriately. The middle of winter in frigid temps and the kid is wearing short sleeves, spring jackets, slip on shoes (in snow), she is outside with bare legs and so on, yet her mother expresses no concern as "she can't get sick from how she dresses".

I am thinking.. bare skin exposed to the cold of winter is grounds for hypothermia and frostbite... Basically, am I right???? This girl has to go outside for recess dressed this way... My mother would burn my ass if I dared to go to school dressed like that.
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:I am thinking.. bare skin exposed to the cold of winter is grounds for hypothermia and frostbite... Basically, am I right????
basically yes, bad parenting. But I can give you any concrete numbers. My guess would be at 10 degrees F outside minus wind temp, for a child, maybe 30-60 minutes. But you have to rmember that hypothermia is a drop in CORE temp. you have get frostbite on skin relativly easy especially as a child. I would focus more on frostbite isuue
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:
Chip Wrote:Sweet, the kids doing Scarface was fake too.

http://www.snopes.com/photos/arts/scarface.asp

It makes the whole "shock" value plummet.. I feel let down, everything is fake now.

The internet has made me think that too.
Everytime I see a video or a picture of something awesome, the first thing I think is that it's fake.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17