Dudebro Nation

Full Version: 5-17-10 Monday - Pete is not happy about the Flyers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29
So what happens...after how many games do we then play for the cup??? Do we have to win so many games right now then we get the cup, or is there another group of games, then they play for the cup???.... :dumass: = me.
Iva13 Wrote:So what happens...after how many games do we then play for the cup??? Do we have to win so many games right now then we get the cup, or is there another group of games, then they play for the cup???.... :dumass: = me.
you have to win 4 of 7 this round then 4 of 7 the next round to have the cup
Pete you can't say "ALL" flyers fans are bad...it's just you hear about the bad ones. So do you like the Flyers and just not like the fans? or both?
Iva13 Wrote:So what happens...after how many games do we then play for the cup??? Do we have to win so many games right now then we get the cup, or is there another group of games, then they play for the cup???.... :dumass: = me.

Don't worry about it, the Flyers are not going to be playing for the cup.
Pete Nice Wrote:
Chip Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:FYI, Pronger is overrated, I still would not take him over any of the Penguins defenceman, especially for the money hey is greatly overpaid.

If all Penguin fans think like this, they're dumber then I ever could have imagined.

NOTHING you say will get me to waiver on Pronger. It has nothing to do with him being a Flyer. He is one of the few players I have disliked for a long time and have always felt was WWAAAAAAYYY overrated. The fact that he is now on the Flyers, just intensifies the fact.

Even though he's won the Norris? And was the first defensemen since Orr to win the Hart? His teams have never missed the playoffs? Was an alternate captain on team Canada?
It's fine if you just don't like him, but to say he's not one of the top defensemen in the NHL is just stupid.
Pete Nice Wrote:

Right, because Montreal must be an unstoppable team of gods to have beaten the Pens. No one can beat them then.

Iva, after Philly beats Montreal, they'll have to play San Jose or Chicago, most likely Chicago, for the cup.
They need to win 3 more games this round, then 4 in the Cup finals.
Iva13 Wrote:Pete you can't say "ALL" flyers fans are bad...it's just you hear about the bad ones. So do you like the Flyers and just not like the fans? or both?

Actually you are somewhat correct, the diehards and bandwagon hoppers are the bad ones, the casual fan, such as yourself, usually is not too bad. But the Diehards are the ones who give the bad rep.

I actually like the Eagles and Sixers, Eagles are my second favorite team. And I tolerate the Phillies, used to hate them, but they are no longer the Pirates Rivals. So it is not Philadelphia I dislike, I love the city. I HATE the Flyers, possibly more than any other sports team. MOSTLY b/c of the fans. When I hate a team in sports, the fans are usually the primary reason. I DESPISE bad sports fans. As a result I hate the Flyers AND their fans. A good friend of mine from high school is a die hard Flyers fan AND a Liberal, most of our conversations are arguments, you might have seen said arguments on facebook.
Chip Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:

Right, because Montreal must be an unstoppable team of gods to have beaten the Pens. No one can beat them then.

Iva, after Philly beats Montreal, they'll have to play San Jose or Chicago, most likely Chicago, for the cup.
They need to win 3 more games this round, then 4 in the Cup finals.

Thanks Chip....I hate all these groups of games...I wish they were playing for the cup with this batch of games!
Iva13 Wrote:Thanks Chip....I hate all these groups of games...I wish they were playing for the cup with this batch of games!

They're really just half way there.
They have to win 4 playoff rounds.
They've only won 2 so far.
Hey DBN!

Who's ready for the show? I am fired up today I hope the show delivers today.
Pete Nice Wrote:
Iva13 Wrote:Pete you can't say "ALL" flyers fans are bad...it's just you hear about the bad ones. So do you like the Flyers and just not like the fans? or both?

Actually you are somewhat correct, the diehards and bandwagon hoppers are the bad ones, the casual fan, such as yourself, usually is not too bad. But the Diehards are the ones who give the bad rep.

I actually like the Eagles and Sixers, Eagles are my second favorite team. And I tolerate the Phillies, used to hate them, but they are no longer the Pirates Rivals. So it is not Philadelphia I dislike, I love the city. I HATE the Flyers, possibly more than any other sports team. MOSTLY b/c of the fans. When I hate a team in sports, the fans are usually the primary reason. I DESPISE bad sports fans. As a result I hate the Flyers AND their fans. A good friend of mine from high school is a die hard Flyers fan AND a Liberal, most of our conversations are arguments, you might have seen said arguments on facebook.

Well to be honest, I don't really care enough to aruge w/you....your my friend.... ;-) If they win I will be happy for our City....it not no biggie....we still have the Phillies!
Chip Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:
Chip Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:FYI, Pronger is overrated, I still would not take him over any of the Penguins defenceman, especially for the money hey is greatly overpaid.

If all Penguin fans think like this, they're dumber then I ever could have imagined.

NOTHING you say will get me to waiver on Pronger. It has nothing to do with him being a Flyer. He is one of the few players I have disliked for a long time and have always felt was WWAAAAAAYYY overrated. The fact that he is now on the Flyers, just intensifies the fact.

Even though he's won the Norris? And was the first defensemen since Orr to win the Hart? His teams have never missed the playoffs? Was an alternate captain on team Canada?
It's fine if you just don't like him, but to say he's not one of the top defensemen in the NHL is just stupid.

HE IS NOT ONE OF THE TOP DEFENCEMEN IN THE NHL!!

Ask a Canadian (non Flyer fan) if they were happy about him being on the Olympic team, let alone having the A? I know Brampton has stated he was not. He was a revolving door in every game in the Olympics. Yes, he used to put up numbers, b/c he has always been on good teams, he HAS NOT made those teams good, they were good already. His Hart was what, 6 years ago? And he has gone downhill fast since. That was his absolute peak on a team that was loaded and fed him the puck to get him points.

He is not even a top 20 defencemen in this league right now. I would not want him on the Penguins b/c he is old, slow, towards the end of his career, declining in skill, overpaid, has a contract that runs far to long for way to much, is an asshole, is a revolving door on defense when it comes to truly skilled players like Ovechkin, Crsoby and Malkin (the Bruins have no truly skilled players) and I could go on. He is an overrated punk.
Hey everybody, hope your day is going well.
Dio was great.

If you know anything about rock/metal, he was a LEGEND.
I gotta go do work.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29