Dudebro Nation

Full Version: Tuesday 2/17/15 - option B
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
turns out there might be an option B for my dads truck. Apparently the cabs on all dodge trucks from 1994 - 2001 are the same. sheet metal shape, mounting locations etc.. Dashes are different depending on models, as is the rest of the interior parts.

so I could probaly get ahold of a cab off a 1500 v-6 ram for cheap. like 500 bucks probaly. then swap the guts out of the diesel into the donor cab. and thats it. We have a running low mileage diesel 4x4 again.
it would just be alot of labor to do that. and I would probaly have to schedule it in like a regular customer to get it done.
I'm thinking for 5,000 we can get it done, and done right. including paint. Worth it in my opinion. The truck was valued anywhere between 10,000 - 17,000 before the accident.
option b depends on the rest of the truck too. I need to see if the frame is bent and shit like that. Hopefully going to retrieve it after lunch today.
I'd def see if you could find another cab. The body on ours is in decent shape but the engine was fucked. Jim swapped the engine out and it's been good for over a year. The truck is meant to do grunt work so we didn't want it to be brand new.
also the 99 - 01 extended cabs have the little doors that open. That would be a cool upgrade to do.

Apparently if you put a short bed on in place of the long bed, you can put a full 4 door cab on too.

finding a 4 door donor truck with a good complete bed and body probaly won't happen.
and the 99-01 cabs have seatbelts in different locations. In the seats. so I'd have to find a good cab, with good interior, that also matches the dash color. I need to keep the dash original if I can. It has the wiring harness and computer in it.
This sounds like a lot of work.
We're putting in a closetmaid system, and this is almost too much work.
LeNeve Wrote:also the 99 - 01 extended cabs have the little doors that open. That would be a cool upgrade to do.

Apparently if you put a short bed on in place of the long bed, you can put a full 4 door cab on too.

finding a 4 door donor truck with a good complete bed and body probaly won't happen.

Random bit of little known trivia about Dodge in those years.

I looked this up after I was driving home from work in the early 2000's and saw one on the road.

From '99 to '01, in Mexico only, on the Ram platform, they sold Ramchargers.
Big, 2 door SUV's based on the Ram.

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=7096&stc=1&d=1196384627]
cool. I didn't know about the ram charger. Id like to get ahold of one of those.
LeNeve Wrote:turns out there might be an option B for my dads truck. Apparently the cabs on all dodge trucks from 1994 - 2001 are the same. sheet metal shape, mounting locations etc.. Dashes are different depending on models, as is the rest of the interior parts.

so I could probaly get ahold of a cab off a 1500 v-6 ram for cheap. like 500 bucks probaly. then swap the guts out of the diesel into the donor cab. and thats it. We have a running low mileage diesel 4x4 again.

Sounds like a plan
When Chrysler redesigned the 300, and the Magnum was new, I saw one of these on the road too.
Turns out, they didn't sell Dodge in Europe, but wanted to sell that wagon body style.
So they made a 300 wagon for Europe.

[Image: 800px-Chrysler_300C_Touring_3.0_CRD_front.JPG]
It's a sad day. My beloved Neon I think is finally pooched. A lady (no turn signal) decided to turn right. Right in front of me, tried to avoid hitting her by hitting a snowbank. Ended up ramping the snowbank and hitting her anyway.
NussieT Wrote:It's a sad day. My beloved Neon I think is finally pooched. A lady (no turn signal) decided to turn right. Right in front of me, tried to avoid hitting her by hitting a snowbank. Ended up ramping the snowbank and hitting her anyway.

Confusedad:
Even thought it's a Neon, that still sucks.
Time to get that Challenger!
yeah, it will be ALOT of work, but with me having access to a shop, and doing the work, it works out financially. on paper anyway.

now if some random guy dropped a rolled over truck off at the dealer, and said to fix it. That would probaly be retarded, and not worth it at all.

There are hundreds of threads on all the diesel forums, about guys swapping cabs onto rollover stuff. If those hillbilly giterduns can do it in their yards using poles and shit, then I can probaly do it. better, and easier.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6