Dudebro Nation

Full Version: Tuesday 2/17/15 - option B
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Chip Wrote:This sounds like a lot of work.
We're putting in a closetmaid system, and this is almost too much work.

I was thinking about doing that in the baby's room.
errbody is wrecking their cars, and I'm just sitting here masturbating. Confusedad:
I like those magnum wagons too. alot. i've always wanted one of those.
LeNeve Wrote:yeah, it will be ALOT of work, but with me having access to a shop, and doing the work, it works out financially. on paper anyway.

now if some random guy dropped a rolled over truck off at the dealer, and said to fix it. That would probaly be retarded, and not worth it at all.

There are hundreds of threads on all the diesel forums, about guys swapping cabs onto rollover stuff. If those hillbilly giterduns can do it in their yards using poles and shit, then I can probaly do it. better, and easier.

Would they let you use the shop, after work on your own time?
LeNeve Wrote:errbody is wrecking their cars, and I'm just sitting here masturbating. Confusedad:

Financially, you're probably better off going that route.
according to all the internet diesel weirdos, the frames are the same on all the trucks too. guys are putting all the suspension parts off of the 2500 4x4 trucks onto their 1500 2 wheel drives.
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:
Chip Wrote:This sounds like a lot of work.
We're putting in a closetmaid system, and this is almost too much work.

I was thinking about doing that in the baby's room.

It's a walk in closet, so there is quite a bit.
It's not hard, just a lot of it, and it's put together like Ikea stuff.
And first I had to take out the old stuff, patch up the walls, then paint, then spend $600 on this stuff.
Now is the putting it together, and installing it part.
But, I'm really hoping it will up the "curb appeal".
Chip Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:yeah, it will be ALOT of work, but with me having access to a shop, and doing the work, it works out financially. on paper anyway.

now if some random guy dropped a rolled over truck off at the dealer, and said to fix it. That would probaly be retarded, and not worth it at all.

There are hundreds of threads on all the diesel forums, about guys swapping cabs onto rollover stuff. If those hillbilly giterduns can do it in their yards using poles and shit, then I can probaly do it. better, and easier.

Would they let you use the shop, after work on your own time?

oh yeah. this is just a big enough project that I couldn't get it done in a weekend, and then have a bunch of parts, big parts, laying around taking up space for paying customers.
Chip Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:errbody is wrecking their cars, and I'm just sitting here masturbating. Confusedad:

as long as I stay inside, or not get caught doing it in public. I'm not sure what the fine is for that, but its probaly not a cheap citation.
LeNeve Wrote:I like those magnum wagons too. alot. i've always wanted one of those.

They should bring it back, so they can make a Magnum Hellcat.
LeNeve Wrote:
Chip Wrote:

as long as I stay inside, or not get caught doing it in public. I'm not sure what the fine is for that, but its probaly not a cheap citation.

:roflmao:

Good point.
IF we decide to do option b, its not going to be a quick turn around either. it will be a long project. work on it here and there type of thing. could take a year or more. finding the right donor truck, close enough to get it myself.

just moving shit around seems like the hardest most annoying part to me.
Chip Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:I like those magnum wagons too. alot. i've always wanted one of those.

how awesome would that be, to have that 3 piece set in your garage.
LeNeve Wrote:
Chip Wrote:

how awesome would that be, to have that 3 piece set in your garage.

My car salesman friend, his boss got a Challenger Hellcat, and has put 62 miles on it.
I would like to think that once spring gets here, he'll drive it more.
a nicely installed closet maid system will definetly up the curb appeal. maybe a 5,000 dollar improvemnt?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6