Dudebro Nation

Full Version: Friday July 25, 2014...Peanut butter jelly time
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Chip Wrote:2 more hours... 2 more hours...

:whomo:
NussieT Wrote:
beckster Wrote:This poor co-worker of mine. Has never gone Up North, doesn't know how to play Euchre (a Michigan must), has never tubed down a river, hasn't seen many movies, and now she informs me that she's never been to a real concert. Good grief, talk about deprived!!

I have no clue how to play euchre. I don't even know what that is.

It's a card game. You're not from Michigan so you wouldn't understand.
NussieT Wrote:
Chip Wrote:I just had 3 sloppy joes, a bag of chips, and two tall beers.
I'm so full it hurts.
#FirstWorldProblems

I drank a protein shake, a banana, a coffee, three waters and a granola bar. I've been so busy lately that my bodybuilding eating has been affected.

I honestly wish I had your lunch instead.
I've been eating decent for a long time but didn't get a chance/forgot to make my lunch last night so I had to go get something.
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:It's a card game. You're not from Michigan so you wouldn't understand.

I've heard of it, just never played.
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:
NussieT Wrote:
beckster Wrote:This poor co-worker of mine. Has never gone Up North, doesn't know how to play Euchre (a Michigan must), has never tubed down a river, hasn't seen many movies, and now she informs me that she's never been to a real concert. Good grief, talk about deprived!!

I have no clue how to play euchre. I don't even know what that is.

It's a card game. You're not from Michigan so you wouldn't understand.

I'm from Michigan and I don't understand.
Growing up, family parties always had euchre games.
My bowling team is in a euchre league.
I'm not sure why everyone loves it so much that they have to play it at every get together.
Chip Wrote:
NussieT Wrote:
Chip Wrote:I just had 3 sloppy joes, a bag of chips, and two tall beers.
I'm so full it hurts.
#FirstWorldProblems

I drank a protein shake, a banana, a coffee, three waters and a granola bar. I've been so busy lately that my bodybuilding eating has been affected.

I honestly wish I had your lunch instead.
I've been eating decent for a long time but didn't get a chance/forgot to make my lunch last night so I had to go get something.

I are popcorn for dinner last night because I got home at 930 after getting up at 430. I was just too lazy to make real food. Thought I would sleep well but was up every 30 minutes. I was concerned about missing my trainer in the am
Chip Wrote:I'm from Michigan and I don't understand.
I'm not sure why everyone loves it so much that they have to play it at every get together.

Michigan people, especially the older folks are/were big into playing Euchre and Michigan Rummy. It's just a thing.
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:

Michigan people, especially the older folks are/were big into playing Euchre and Michigan Rummy. It's just a thing.

But do they like playing it a lot?
I got a medical note from employee stating he can't wear a hard hat. Also says he can't perform duties with repetitive bending, squatting and twisting.
So the guy getting a job with us what just a waste of time.
NussieT Wrote:I got a medical note from employee stating he can't wear a hard hat. Also says he can't perform duties with repetitive bending, squatting and twisting.

What possible reason could you have for not wearing a hard hat?
Chip Wrote:
NussieT Wrote:I got a medical note from employee stating he can't wear a hard hat. Also says he can't perform duties with repetitive bending, squatting and twisting.

What possible reason could you have for not wearing a hard hat?

He was asked to put one on at a job site by the contractor. He refused saying he couldn't medically wear one. We sent him home without pay until he could produce a medical note. It doesn't state why he can't just that he can't. It totally looks like he wrote it himself on an old drs note and photocopied it.
I kind of hope a brick falls on his head.
LeNeve Wrote:I kind of hope a brick falls on his head.

I don't. Workers Conp would have my ass. He'll have to be let go.
NussieT Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:I kind of hope a brick falls on his head.

I don't. Workers Conp would have my ass. He'll have to be let go.

Well. Not while employed with you guys. Just at some other random job.

I hate wearing hardhats too, until im in a zone that has head hazards.

Im also pretty sure id get used to wearing one, if I had a job that required full time use of PPE stuff.

I like to not be hurt. I even like being alive better. I've never understood these weird macho men guys, who call you a puss for wearing gloves, or safety glasses.
Chip Wrote:
beckster Wrote:

But do they like playing it a lot?

When my Grandma was still alive, we played quite regularly, especially during the holiday get-togethers. In the winter time those last few years of her life, we would meet at her house on Sunday night and play a few games. It was just a popular past-time. I do know how to play Michigan Rummy, I just never liked it. I like Euchre better.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5