Dudebro Nation

Full Version: Thursday 10/3/2013 - Forum > Government
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
JDubb Wrote:TEN THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW TODAY
Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today:

1. NO PROGRESS AFTER OBAMA, LAWMAKERS MEET
Boehner says the president "refuses to negotiate," while Pelosi says Republicans keep "moving the goal posts" on a budget deal.

2. GLITCHES PERSIST ON HEALTH INSURANCE EXCHANGES
In a way, the delays are good news for Obama and his supporters because the computer problems are apparently due to exceptionally high interest.

3. WHERE THE WORLD'S TRASH IS NO LONGER AS WELCOME
China is clamping down on an industry that has helped the rich West dispose of its waste but also added to the degradation of the communist nation's environment.

4. VAST ONLINE DRUG OPERATION HALTED, FEDS SAY
More than $1 billion in transactions for illegal drugs and services was brokered through the secret website allegedly run by a San Francisco man.

5. HOW AFGHAN MILITANTS ARE SOWING FEAR
Roadside bombs targeting government troops send a message about the perils of serving in Afghanistan's security forces.

6. 'THE HUNT FOR RED OCTOBER' AND 'PATRIOT GAMES' AUTHOR DIES
Tom Clancy's extreme attention to technical detail helped make him the most widely read and influential military novelist of his time.

7. WHAT PROMPTED ATTACK ON RUSSIA'S EMBASSY IN LIBYA
The violent break-in by an armed mob apparently came in response to the killing of a Libyan air force pilot by a Russian woman.

8. JACKSON CONCERT PROMOTER CLEARED OF NEGLIGENCE
The jury's ruling saves AEG Live from paying hundreds of millions of dollars in damages to the singer's mother, Katherine, and to his three children.

9. WHO'S YOUR DADDY?
Mia Farrow says that it's possible her son's father was not Woody Allen, but Frank Sinatra instead.

10. TAMPA BAY ENDS CLEVELAND'S SEASON
The Rays get a solid start from right-hander Alex Cobb and blank the Indians 4-0 in the AL wild-card game.

1. Moving the goalposts? WTF does that mean? Pelosi is as bad or worse than Bahman.

2. Well of course.

3. What about the children?

4. So does that mean they used govt money to buy drugs or something?

5. As soon as we leave, which should be very soon, that place will go right back to what it was, history shows it.

6. Very sad

7. I bet they shot all those fuckers up, Obama would have tried to negotiate with them, just not with congress.....

8. I must have missed this

9. huh?

10. Tampa is tough on the road.
Peter Griffin settled Rhode Island
Chip Wrote:
Joe Wrote:I get home from work and the girlfriend says she wants KFC for dinner.

I'm like, "That shit is nasty and most likely I'll wind up sleeping on the toilet tonight" but I give in and we drive the 35 minutes to the closest KFC. On the way there I try convincing her to go to every other place that we pass, but she's set on KFC. We wind up going to KFC.

12:44AM & 5:15AM I wake up to a whole lot of rumbling and pains. DAMN YOU KFC!

:roflmao:

35 minutes for KFC?

:roflmao:

I can get to about 50 in that time frame
I'm to drunk to taste this chicken.
LeNeve Wrote:Peter Griffin settled Rhode Island
That's what TV has taught me too.
So Rich's dope view apartment on the water in Hoboken is not good enough. Now he has to move to Manhattan to get an even doper view and zip code...
Pete Nice Wrote:So Rich's dope view apartment on the water in Hoboken is not good enough. Now he has to move to Manhattan to get an even doper view and zip code...
...ding...ding...
Pete Nice Wrote:So Rich's dope view apartment on the water in Hoboken is not good enough. Now he has to move to Manhattan to get an even doper view and zip code...
$4300 a month... :zipit:
"I don't feel tardy" t shirts are way to expensive for what they are.
JDubb Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:Peter Griffin settled Rhode Island
That's what TV has taught me too.

The spirit of Massachusetts is the spirit of America.

I think I remember him saying the rent there is like $4,500 a month in the city. I don't care how much you make, that's retarded to spend that kind of money.

Sara is all about the move. Is she paying any of that?
well. my test broke, and won't reveal my score. I'm guessing I got at least 60% I would have been one of dem people in 1912. Confusedad:
I only knew of Hoboken NJ because of this.

[youtube]rIRIwIJjq6o[/youtube]
Chip Wrote::high5:

I brought up the average.

You answered 23 of 37 questions correctly for a total score of 62%.
24 of 37 :high5:
JDubb Wrote:
$4300 a month... :zipit:

To live in Manhattan, you need to share the apartment with other people. I worked with a guy who lived in a 3 bedroom apartment in east Harlem, the trendy but not quiet safe yet part, and there was 5 people living there. Him and his girl, one of his girls friends and her BF and another of his girls friends. They had a big common area and the total rent was $4000. So each person paid like $750.

I have another friend who has a good buddy who lives in the Village in Manhattan. They had a two story "townhouse". 2 bedrooms, kitchen living room on top floor. Huge entertainment room and two more bedrooms on lower level. About $4000 there also. The bedrooms, kitchen and living room were super small, but the entertainment room made up for it and there was enough room in the bedrooms to hang.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14