Dudebro Nation

Full Version: Tuesday 3/5/13 Are we sure it is March?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Pete Nice Wrote:So I am still trying to figure out how to get rid of cable. I got my Ruku working finally in the bedroom, Netflix is all that really offers. My Sony blue ray player in the living room has all the same stuff Ruku has.

My questions:

1. How is HULU? I am considering paying for it and getting rid of cable. Can you watch entire series? Or do they remove stuff after a certain time? Does it have FX for Archer and the Americans and AMC for the Walking Dead?

It's not really a big deal, as you can download all the stuff off torrents within minutes of it being over anyway, but trying to take away that in between download time.

2. NHL Center Ice. I wanted to get this since 90% of Pens games are on Cable. Fuckers black out your home market based off ISP. So why the fuck would I want to get Center Ice if I can never watch my favorite team? Way to go NHL, fuck up something else.

3. NFL. No need really to have cable, digital antennas pick it up in HD and the signals here are crisp and clean. I do not watch Monday night often, and never watch Thursday night, but if I needed to, I could go somewhere or find a internet feed.

4. Internet sports feeds. Does anyone have any luck with one of these that actually gives you a full screen picture without buffering every 30 seconds, maybe even in HD? Every place I have been recommended to, sucks. IF I could stream HD sports without interruption, cable would be GONE already.

I hear microsoft is working on a box similar to Apple TV that allows you to buy channels a la cart. They are rumored to be priced between $2 and $15 per month. I think this is the future of TV, otherwise, as technology gets better and the economy keeps getting worse, actual live TV is going to go down the same dead end path newspapers are on now.

I would love to only pay for the channels I actually watch. Sports and the news channels are the reasons we can't drop cable yet.
LeNeve Wrote:Brampton joined a cult

Has anyone talked to him?
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:Brampton joined a cult

Has anyone talked to him?

he's in deep cover
Pete Nice Wrote:
Donginator Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:So I am still trying to figure out how to get rid of cable. I got my Ruku working finally in the bedroom, Netflix is all that really offers. My Sony blue ray player in the living room has all the same stuff Ruku has.

My questions:

1. How is HULU? I am considering paying for it and getting rid of cable. Can you watch entire series? Or do they remove stuff after a certain time? Does it have FX for Archer and the Americans and AMC for the Walking Dead?

It's not really a big deal, as you can download all the stuff off torrents within minutes of it being over anyway, but trying to take away that in between download time.

2. NHL Center Ice. I wanted to get this since 90% of Pens games are on Cable. Fuckers black out your home market based off ISP. So why the fuck would I want to get Center Ice if I can never watch my favorite team? Way to go NHL, fuck up something else.

3. NFL. No need really to have cable, digital antennas pick it up in HD and the signals here are crisp and clean. I do not watch Monday night often, and never watch Thursday night, but if I needed to, I could go somewhere or find a internet feed.

4. Internet sports feeds. Does anyone have any luck with one of these that actually gives you a full screen picture without buffering every 30 seconds, maybe even in HD? Every place I have been recommended to, sucks. IF I could stream HD sports without interruption, cable would be GONE already.

I hear microsoft is working on a box similar to Apple TV that allows you to buy channels a la cart. They are rumored to be priced between $2 and $15 per month. I think this is the future of TV, otherwise, as technology gets better and the economy keeps getting worse, actual live TV is going to go down the same dead end path newspapers are on now.
all this couple needs is NetFlix & Hulu

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://finance.yahoo.com/news/how-a-family-of-four-manages-to-live-well-on-just--14-000-per-year-174803218.html">http://finance.yahoo.com/news/how-a-fam ... 03218.html</a><!-- m -->

Good for them, they are lucky. Most people can't do that for two reasons they do not have.

1. They have no debt, most people do.

2. They don't have to pay for healthcare, the government pays for it, that is probably $500 a month they are saving.

Good for them though, I am going to read her blog and see if there is anything we can apply.

I want to know how they manage to grocery shop once a month when milk, vegetables and fruits only have a shelf life of a couple weeks.
Pete Nice Wrote:
beckster Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:High 42 Low 21 colder and 5% chance of precipitation.

That is the forecast for St. Pat's party as of today.

I hope it stays like that but the temp is about 20 degrees higher.

No precipitation is HUGE though.

Where is the baby going to hang out during your party?

By the keg

Bet he could easily do a keg stand. Mine is like a binge drinker when she nurses sometimes.
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:
Donginator Wrote:

My questions:

all this couple needs is NetFlix & Hulu

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://finance.yahoo.com/news/how-a-family-of-four-manages-to-live-well-on-just--14-000-per-year-174803218.html">http://finance.yahoo.com/news/how-a-fam ... 03218.html</a><!-- m -->

Good for them, they are lucky. Most people can't do that for two reasons they do not have.

1. They have no debt, most people do.

2. They don't have to pay for healthcare, the government pays for it, that is probably $500 a month they are saving.

Good for them though, I am going to read her blog and see if there is anything we can apply.

I want to know how they manage to grocery shop once a month when milk, vegetables and fruits only have a shelf life of a couple weeks.
It says in the article they freeze it.

sent from a levy in Kansas
I bet Brampton tried drugs, and now he's all flattened on his couch, and doesn't care about anything.
LeNeve Wrote:I bet Brampton tried drugs, and now he's all flattened on his couch, and doesn't care about anything.

I thought maybe he got brain washed by Das Auto
Brampton likes to see homos naked.
panic at the dick hoe
Clearing out my spam folder, I saw an email from "Big Willy" that wants to help enhance my man's Manhood. Weirf
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:Clearing out my spam folder, I saw an email from "Big Willy" that wants to help enhance my man's Manhood. Weirf

that stupid skill page sheep herder deal fucked me up with all kinds of spam. get like 5 emails a day from middle eastern fucks wanting jobs, or to be my business partner and shit.
My car won't start. There isn't even any clicking sound from the starter. How can I tell what it might be? I kinda suspect (hope) it's the battery.
LeNeve Wrote:
beckster Wrote:Clearing out my spam folder, I saw an email from "Big Willy" that wants to help enhance my man's Manhood. Weirf

that stupid skill page sheep herder deal fucked me up with all kinds of spam. get like 5 emails a day from middle eastern fucks wanting jobs, or to be my business partner and shit.

You should get a single sheep and hire one for like 3 cents a day.
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:My car won't start. There isn't even any clicking sound from the starter. How can I tell what it might be? I kinda suspect (hope) it's the battery.

It sounds like car aids to me.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7