Dudebro Nation

Full Version: Monday 12/24/12 - Working today.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
:yawn:
yup
wow. this little ranger in here needs a catylitic converter. 2,000 bucks from ford, 230 bucks from car quest. Wtf
Ford and car quest. the only 2 business' in town that are open today. Same owner. the quick lube is closed until wednesday though. thats fucked up. same owner for that place too.
This is the first job I think I've ever worked that was closed on Christmas Eve.
Joe Wrote:This is the first job I think I've ever worked that was closed on Christmas Eve.
we get Christmas and Boxing day, but we have to work a bullshit 4 hour day today.

So, 2/3 of my time between 7 and 1 are in the car to and from home
Joe Wrote:This is the first job I think I've ever worked that was closed on Christmas Eve.

We have had ChristmaS eve off the last 6 years. I'm not sure why the change this year.
LeNeve Wrote:

We have had ChristmaS eve off the last 6 years. I'm not sure why the change this year.
most businesses around here don't like to be closed for 2 days leading into or following a weekend.
So like 14 or 15 days ago I ordered a Sodastream for the girlfriend. On Friday I called them and asked them where it was because it only said 7 days delivery. The girl on the phone paused when I asked and told me someone would call me back in 24 hours. I could sense an Oh Shit moment coming from her end of the phone.

23 hour later I called and asked where it was and asked why no one called me back. I get this woman on the phone who tells me that the shipping label was just created and it will be shipping out that day which was 2 days ago. I told them to cancel the order and the woman on the phone was like, "You can't cancel the order." My response was, "Da Fuck I can't." Well, this woman apparently didn't like my colorful choice of words and told me I was not allowed to curse at her. I don't really know what I said after that, but it went on for a good two minutes and I think I covered every possible foul word possible and I think I told them I was going to set them on fire. After that I got a supervisor.

The supervisor told me they could cancel the order. With the knowledge of my canceled order I had to run back out to the mall and buy replacement gifts. Just as I'm getting in my truck to drive home with all the new gifts I get an email confirmation that my item has reached Harrisburg, PA and will be out for delivery on Dec 24th. :flame:
Brampton Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:

most businesses around here don't like to be closed for 2 days leading into or following a weekend.

It just feels strange to be off for 2 days, then come to work for 4 hours, then be off again for a day and a half.
LeNeve Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:

It just feels strange to be off for 2 days, then come to work for 4 hours, then be off again for a day and a half.
Its stupid if you ask me. I asked them why we dont just work the full day and of course they said there wouldnt be enough business. Ive done nothing all day, but im not going to get paid for coming in in the first place.....i hate working

sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III
We got a thread today?
What's up with that?
I don't know what I'm doing up so early.
I liked the part where Joe was going to set them on fire.
Well, I was off today until a customer called all bent out of shape because their network was down.

I guess I'm on call.
I'm at home, drinking coffee, watching Encino Man.
Pages: 1 2 3 4