Dudebro Nation

Full Version: Friday July 13..... Miserable IST failure yesterday
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
The whole IST thing went down in flames yesterday. Miserable. Today is Friday the 13. Bring it
:yawn:
[img]http://jerome.galica.free.fr/cinetv/JasonVoorhees'.gif[/img]
I got sick last night and I just feel completely hungover right now. Kinda wish I had stayed in bed.
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:I got sick last night and I just feel completely hungover right now. Kinda wish I had stayed in bed.
pregnancy
Derick Wrote:
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:I got sick last night and I just feel completely hungover right now. Kinda wish I had stayed in bed.
pregnancy

#pregnancy

thats how you are supposed to do it. only retards forget to put the hash tags. idiot
Derick Wrote:The whole IST thing went down in flames yesterday. Miserable. Today is Friday the 13. Bring it
...and National French Fries Day!!!

Belgian journalist Jo Gérard has claimed that a family manuscript dated 1781 recounts that potatoes were deep-fried prior to 1680 in what was then the Spanish Netherlands and is now present-day Belgium, in the Meuse valley: "The inhabitants of Namur, Andenne, and Dinant, had the custom of fishing in the Meuse for small fish and frying, especially among the poor, but when the river was frozen and fishing became hazardous, they cut potatoes in the form of small fish and put them in a fryer like those here". Gérard has not produced the manuscript supporting this claim which, even if true, is unrelated to the later history of the French fry, as the potato did not arrive in the region until around 1735; also, given the economic conditions of the 18th century: "it is absolutely unthinkable that a peasant could have consecrated large quantities of fat for cooking potatoes. At most they were sautéed in a pan...."Some Belgians believe that the term "French" was introduced when American soldiers arrived in Belgium during World War I, and consequently tasted Belgian fries. They supposedly called them "French," as it was the official language of the Belgian Army at that time. At this time French fries were growing popular. However, in the south of Netherlands, bordering Belgium, they were, and still are, called Vlaamse Frieten or "Flemish fries."
"Pommes frites," "frites"(French) or "frieten" (Dutch) became the national snack and a substantial part of several national dishes.

Thomas Jefferson had "potatoes served in the French manner" at a White House dinner in 1802. The expression "French Fried Potatoes" first occurs in print in English in the 1856 work Cookery for Maids of All Work by E. Warren: "French Fried Potatoes. – Cut new potatoes in thin slices, put them in boiling fat, and a little salt; fry both sides of a light golden brown colour; drain." In the early 20th century, the term "French fried" was being used in the sense of "deep-fried", for other foods such as onion rings or chicken.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_fries
Derick Wrote:The whole IST thing went down in flames yesterday. Miserable. Today is Friday the 13. Bring it

Can't. I have to be at a client at 10:30. Shit is so messed up there from the horrible job my coworkers did that I'll be lucky to be out of there by 6.
Derick Wrote:
beckster Wrote:I got sick last night and I just feel completely hungover right now. Kinda wish I had stayed in bed.
pregnancy

I totally underestimated the level of misery I have brought upon myself. Bitches who say how it's wonderful to be pregnant and what a blessing it is all need to be slapped.
JDubb Wrote:
...and National French Fries Day!!!

Belgian journalist Jo Gérard has claimed that a family manuscript dated 1781 recounts that potatoes were deep-fried prior to 1680 in what was then the Spanish Netherlands and is now present-day Belgium, in the Meuse valley: "The inhabitants of Namur, Andenne, and Dinant, had the custom of fishing in the Meuse for small fish and frying, especially among the poor, but when the river was frozen and fishing became hazardous, they cut potatoes in the form of small fish and put them in a fryer like those here". Gérard has not produced the manuscript supporting this claim which, even if true, is unrelated to the later history of the French fry, as the potato did not arrive in the region until around 1735; also, given the economic conditions of the 18th century: "it is absolutely unthinkable that a peasant could have consecrated large quantities of fat for cooking potatoes. At most they were sautéed in a pan...."Some Belgians believe that the term "French" was introduced when American soldiers arrived in Belgium during World War I, and consequently tasted Belgian fries. They supposedly called them "French," as it was the official language of the Belgian Army at that time. At this time French fries were growing popular. However, in the south of Netherlands, bordering Belgium, they were, and still are, called Vlaamse Frieten or "Flemish fries."
"Pommes frites," "frites"(French) or "frieten" (Dutch) became the national snack and a substantial part of several national dishes.

Thomas Jefferson had "potatoes served in the French manner" at a White House dinner in 1802. The expression "French Fried Potatoes" first occurs in print in English in the 1856 work Cookery for Maids of All Work by E. Warren: "French Fried Potatoes. – Cut new potatoes in thin slices, put them in boiling fat, and a little salt; fry both sides of a light golden brown colour; drain." In the early 20th century, the term "French fried" was being used in the sense of "deep-fried", for other foods such as onion rings or chicken.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_fries

If my stomach can calm the heck down enough.. I might get some fries for lunch later.
Joe Wrote:

Can't. I have to be at a client at 10:30. Shit is so messed up there from the horrible job my coworkers did that I'll be lucky to be out of there by 6.

Sounds like fun Confusedad:
I don't believe that french fry story.

#unbelievablefrenchfrystory
Sup DBN?!!!?

Friday the 13th.... $hits about to get real...
french fryday
I'm need to pick a cereal to nibble on. What sounds good? Normally I get the cinnamon Special K, but I was entertaining trying Golden Grahams or something.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12