Dudebro Nation

Full Version: Monday ~ June 25, 2012 Let's get this started
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Joe Wrote:I was streaming the comedy show in my garage while I was working and the neighbor came over as soon as Rich went on and I missed his whole set.

I completely forgot about it.
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:
Joe Wrote:I was streaming the comedy show in my garage while I was working and the neighbor came over as soon as Rich went on and I missed his whole set.

The Ustream audio was terrible. I had to turn it way up to hear the people on stage, but when the crowd laughed it was really loud.
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:Ok, We get Jim's kid on Friday (for the week). Come to find out that her mom and her mom's BF broke up, he was basically the live-in nanny for her and watched the kid while she worked.

This little girl is 10 yrs old and her mom figures to just lease her home alone since she has no one to watch her. I asked her what should she do if the house caught fire and she told me she didn't know the number for the firemen (to giv eyou an idea of where her maturity is at). How old were you guys (or your kids) before being allowed to be home alone?

My mom let me stay home for short periods of time (an hour or two) alone when I was 13...
Joe Wrote:
NussieT Wrote:
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:It was a nice weekend. Spent yesterday at the beach, did some housework, watch Jerry Sandusky get hauled away in handcuffs...

Saturday I did close to 3 hours of working out at a fitness fundraiser, went out to the lake to set up for my dad's 60th birthday party...
Then Sunday I spent it outside cutting our grass at the shop and got a severe sunburn...

Suntan lotion

I put it on the kids and I when we left the house.... I re-applied halfway through the afternoon. The funny thing is only the back of my neck and my shoulders burnt no where else...
Joe Wrote:
beckster Wrote:

The Ustream audio was terrible. I had to turn it way up to hear the people on stage, but when the crowd laughed it was really loud.

Those damn Apple computers. :poke:
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:Ok, We get Jim's kid on Friday (for the week). Come to find out that her mom and her mom's BF broke up, he was basically the live-in nanny for her and watched the kid while she worked.

This little girl is 10 yrs old and her mom figures to just lease her home alone since she has no one to watch her. I asked her what should she do if the house caught fire and she told me she didn't know the number for the firemen (to giv eyou an idea of where her maturity is at). How old were you guys (or your kids) before being allowed to be home alone?

I was 8 years old, watching my 5 year old sister. In Wichita, we walked ourselves to school and everything. After my Mom's stint at the strip club, she got a job as a secretary, and went to college at night. So we were alone alot for a couple years.

I don't know if thats a typical thing back then, or if it's just another bizarro thing to happen in my life.

My oldest girl can stay at home alone 12 now. but, we live in a very small town now, and I can be home in less than 2 minutes. So its a little different
NussieT Wrote:
beckster Wrote:Ok, We get Jim's kid on Friday (for the week). Come to find out that her mom and her mom's BF broke up, he was basically the live-in nanny for her and watched the kid while she worked.

My mom let me stay home for short periods of time (an hour or two) alone when I was 13...

I think I was about that age when I was allowed to watch over my sisters.

He actually looked up the laws to see if there was anything, there isn't. But we could report to to CPS is we had to.
NussieT Wrote:
Joe Wrote:Suntan lotion

I put it on the kids and I when we left the house.... I re-applied halfway through the afternoon. The funny thing is only the back of my neck and my shoulders burnt no where else...

I didn't get burned at all this weekend. :happy:
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:
Joe Wrote:
beckster Wrote:

[Image: a689581e-92fa-b010.jpg]

I was about 10 or 11.
LeNeve Wrote:I was 8 years old, watching my 5 year old sister. In Wichita, we walked ourselves to school and everything. After my Mom's stint at the strip club, she got a job as a secretary, and went to college at night. So we were alone alot for a couple years.

I don't know if thats a typical thing back then, or if it's just another bizarro thing to happen in my life.

My oldest girl can stay at home alone 12 now. but, we live in a very small town now, and I can be home in less than 2 minutes. So its a little different

My concerns are they have a pond that goes over her head and she doesn't swim well at all. There's no one to stop her of watch her from getting into that. She's a good kid, but not all that bright as far having street sense. She'll go to bed in her clothes if you don't tell her to put her pj's on.
JDubb Wrote:
beckster Wrote:
Joe Wrote:The Ustream audio was terrible. I had to turn it way up to hear the people on stage, but when the crowd laughed it was really loud.

[Image: a689581e-92fa-b010.jpg]

:roflmao: :roflmao:
Pete Nice Wrote:

I was about 10 or 11.
We left our kids alone after they were out of elem school.
Another story about her. We all took went for a walk with the dogs and were crossing the main street where there's a lot of traffic. Jim and I stopped in the middle lane to let a car go past us and that kid ran past me and almost became road kill. I grabbed her by the shirt and yanked her back.

She just is not ready to be home alone. I'd give her a few more years, really.
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:Another story about her. We all took went for a walk with the dogs and were crossing the main street where there's a lot of traffic. Jim and I stopped in the middle lane to let a car go past us and that kid ran past me and almost became road kill. I grabbed her by the shirt and yanked her back.

She just is not ready to be home alone. I'd give her a few more years, really.
Than why did you ask us if you already knew the answer? :poke:
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14