Dudebro Nation

Full Version: tuesday, jan 3 2012. A new day
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
Brampton Wrote:NBC isn't doing a poor job. ESPN did a horrible job with their last contract, to the point where they barely showed games, and they did a poor job with the ones they showed.

At least the NBC/VS coverage borrows a lot from TSN, so they get people who know the sport

ESPN did a shit job covering hockey when they did have it.
The put NHL2Night on anywhere between 11pm and 3am, depending on what was going on that day.
Then used crappy ratings as an excuse to not cover it.
Fuck them.
I was thrilled when hockey left.
I need some rear burger cards.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
Brampton Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:NBC is the WORST, at all sports, their football and hockey coverage is almost unwatchable.
FOX sports is unwatchable. At least you cheer for an AFC team :killme:

Yup, Fox is bad too. CBS is decent at best, ESPN is actually the best.
for NFL this is my order (game broadcast)
CBS
NFL Network
ESPN
NBC
FOX

best pre/post game show is NFL network

Mine would be:

ESPN
NFL Network
CBS
FOX
NBC

and I agree about the pre/post game show.

ESPN has the best fantasy coverage though
Chip Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:
Chip Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:I am sure the Winter Classic dominated TSN yesterday and probably today also.

My signal is out, so I can't hear.
Are they actually talking hockey? Or are they talking about how they don't understand hockey?

They said that the Winter Classic sucked, no one cared and ESPN breezed right over the coverage.

I've always hated ESPN. Going back to the mid 90's on Sports Center, I'd have to sit through 55 minutes of basketball to get a minute of the previous nights hockey scores.Hockey helped launch ESPN in the 80's when they couldn't get any other league.
Then hockey lanched ESPN2.
Then hockey helped launch all the FSN regional channels.
I'd love nothing for then for hockey to help turn NBC Sports into something that will knock ESPN down a few levels.
as an nba fan in Canada, my problem was 55 minutes of hockey for 5 minutes of basketball
LeNeve Wrote:I need some rear burger cards.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
:high5:
Pete Nice Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:ESPN didn't cover it b/c Hockey doesn't make ESPN any money. They have a contract with the NBA and no contract with the NHL. ESPN sucks balls. It is mostly Bettman's fault for not trying to get a contract with ESPN. as much as ESPN sucks, they are the standard for sports and the NHL needs to get them behind them to reach higher success levels.
when the contract came up a few years ago, ESPN made no bid on the NHL. it wasn't a money generator

NBC made the only offer, which was a partnership with the NHL to expand the brand after the strike/lockout. they both made a decent amount of money on the last contract, so they renewed with each other. Its worked out for them, but if ESPN was smart they would make a bid on the next contract. The NBA is dying, people don't care about it anymore. Problem is NHL is too much of a regional sport.

Isn't the current contract at least 7 years though? That is too long to wait.

And yeah, the NHL and NBC just signed a new deal.
I thought it was 10 years.
But there might be a way for ESPN to share "cable tv games" with Versus/NBC Sports.
But the NHL is on NBC for a while now.
Pete Nice Wrote:NBC is the WORST, at all sports, their football and hockey coverage is almost unwatchable.

:high5:
michaelangelo Wrote:
Chip Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:
Chip Wrote:My signal is out, so I can't hear.
Are they actually talking hockey? Or are they talking about how they don't understand hockey?

They said that the Winter Classic sucked, no one cared and ESPN breezed right over the coverage.

I've always hated ESPN. Going back to the mid 90's on Sports Center, I'd have to sit through 55 minutes of basketball to get a minute of the previous nights hockey scores.Hockey helped launch ESPN in the 80's when they couldn't get any other league.
I'd love nothing for then for hockey to help turn NBC Sports into something that will knock ESPN down a few levels.
as an nba fan in Canada, my problem was 55 minutes of hockey for 5 minutes of basketball
as a fellow Canadian.....I hate that they have 55 minutes of Hockey, 5 minutes of basketball
michaelangelo Wrote:
Chip Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:
Chip Wrote:My signal is out, so I can't hear.

Must be on TSN b/c that would NEVER happen on ESPN.
LeNeve Wrote:
beckster Wrote:Not while he's in Afghanistan.

Afghanistan.

code name for a Michigan operative.

It's perfect, almost too perfect.

:?
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

[Image: 5818946455_8da74582fc_o.jpg]
Pete Nice Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:FOX sports is unwatchable. At least you cheer for an AFC team :killme:

Yup, Fox is bad too. CBS is decent at best, ESPN is actually the best.

Remember, when Fox introduced that fucking stupid "glowing puck"?? Awful.

I do like Abc best for sports coverage.
Rich got the "highest package"
Why is Rich so pissy about a stupid videographer? It's a personal choice.
Pete Nice Wrote:Rich got the "highest package"
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

from the floor
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21