Dudebro Nation

Full Version: tuesday, jan 3 2012. A new day
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
ESPN didn't cover it b/c Hockey doesn't make ESPN any money. They have a contract with the NBA and no contract with the NHL. ESPN sucks balls. It is mostly Bettman's fault for not trying to get a contract with ESPN. as much as ESPN sucks, they are the standard for sports and the NHL needs to get them behind them to reach higher success levels.
I am sure the Winter Classic dominated TSN yesterday and probably today also.
LeNeve Wrote:
Derick Wrote:
beckster Wrote:Oooh.. There's supposed to be a good meteor shower tonight. If you live in the in the middle of nowhere..... It should be good viewing.
the farther north and the less civilized area you live in, the better. I aint gonna see shit

oh, I'm not very north. Confusedad:

Beckster is North, all peter north and shit.

I live in a small town now, I might get to see some of it, if I bother to stay up. I would've been able to see a great show from my old house, which is far away from city lights and that.
Brian Wrote:
NussieT Wrote:
Derick Wrote:
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:Oooh.. There's supposed to be a good meteor shower tonight. If you live in the in the middle of nowhere..... It should be good viewing.
the farther north and the less civilized area you live in, the better. I aint gonna see shit

If it's not cloudy out I'll be able to see it... Will I stand outside and look for it... no I probably won't...
:whomo: It's going to be too damn cold for that.

I get my kids all hyped up to see shit like that. Then I run back inside real quick, and lock the doors.

:j/k:
We go outside, then pretty much unanimously turn around and go back in. Being cold sucks more than not seeing some stars. Isn't there a google space thing I can use?
Pete Nice Wrote:ESPN didn't cover it b/c Hockey doesn't make ESPN any money. They have a contract with the NBA and no contract with the NHL. ESPN sucks balls. It is mostly Bettman's fault for not trying to get a contract with ESPN. as much as ESPN sucks, they are the standard for sports and the NHL needs to get them behind them to reach higher success levels.
Agree, doesn't Verses (Comcast) own most if not all hockey?
yeah, google sky map. there is an app for it in the android market. that seems like a better idea. :high5:
Pete Nice Wrote:I am sure the Winter Classic dominated TSN yesterday and probably today also.

My signal is out, so I can't hear.
Are they actually talking hockey? Or are they talking about how they don't understand hockey?
LeNeve Wrote:yeah, google sky map. there is an app for it in the android market. that seems like a better idea. :high5:

planatarium party in my pocket, but no one is invited.
That meteor shower will peak tomorrow night at 2am. I wish I had skylights over our bed, that would be more fun to watch from there.
JDubb Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:ESPN didn't cover it b/c Hockey doesn't make ESPN any money. They have a contract with the NBA and no contract with the NHL. ESPN sucks balls. It is mostly Bettman's fault for not trying to get a contract with ESPN. as much as ESPN sucks, they are the standard for sports and the NHL needs to get them behind them to reach higher success levels.

Yeah. Verses, Comcast and NBC are all the same company.
ESPN is owned by ABC and Disney.
Verses is changing to a new channel called NBC Sports sometime soon.
Chip Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:I am sure the Winter Classic dominated TSN yesterday and probably today also.

My signal is out, so I can't hear.
Are they actually talking hockey? Or are they talking about how they don't understand hockey?

They said that the Winter Classic sucked, no one cared and ESPN breezed right over the coverage.
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:That meteor shower will peak tomorrow night at 2am. I wish I had skylights over our bed, that would be more fun to watch from there.

And it would be easier for Black Ice to look in on you......
LeNeve Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:yeah, google sky map. there is an app for it in the android market. that seems like a better idea. :high5:

planatarium party in my pocket, but no one is invited.

Confusedhock:
espn deez nuts
Chip Wrote:
JDubb Wrote:

Yeah. Verses, Comcast and NBC are all the same company.
ESPN is owned by ABC and Disney.
Verses is changing to a new channel called NBC Sports sometime soon.

I hate NBC Sports coverage. Their announcers are annoying
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21