Dudebro Nation

Full Version: 2011-2012 Season
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Chip Wrote:3 games for Ovechkin, I have to say, I'm shocked by that.
I really thought his name would get that down to 1 game.

He has been suspended AT LEAST once before, I think maybe twice, so 3 games is kind of low if you ask me, AND based off NHL league history, his next suspension should be 20 games like Matt Cooke got right? Of course it won't be b/c he is not Matt Cooke, a penalty killing defensive forward, he is one of Bettman's golden boys. IMHO Ovechkin is dirtier than Cooke and always has been. Cooke is cleaner than a douched vagina these days.
Chip Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:Now some news to make Chip happy. They named Kris Letang to the All Star team to day and I do not agree with it at all.

I do not think any player who has missed two months should make the all start team. When healthy, Letang is a top D-man, one of the best, but he should not be an all star after missing two months.

Now James Neal on the other hand, should be. And as much as I hate to say it, as he is one of my all time most hated players on my most hated team, Scott Hartnell should be an all star also.

And Ovechkin should not be.

Confusedhock:
He is having an amazing year, by his standards.

Ever since they started putting so much weight in fan online voting, I've given up hope that it will mean anything.
Every year, fans from the hosting city, go online, and set up those scripts, or what ever they do, so they can vote hundreds and thousands of times and their team gets all the starters. Older players don't want to go (Lidstrom and Selanne), and then the NHL just goes and picks the rest.
The whole thing is just dumb.

Ovechkin was not a fan selection though Bettman (the NHL) named him to the team.

BETTMAN MUST GO!!!!

You want a real all star team, ONLY let the players, coached and GM's vote on it and tell them they may only vote based off the current years performance and can only vote for players not on their team. Then supplement it with 10% of the vote coming from the sportswriters with the same criteria.
And this is the part where Brampton or Brian or some other smart ass comes on am makes the redundant point that All-Star games do not matter anyway and are "stupid".......... :poke:
Pete Nice Wrote:

He has been suspended AT LEAST once before, I think maybe twice, so 3 games is kind of low if you ask me, AND based off NHL league history, his next suspension should be 20 games like Matt Cooke got right? Of course it won't be b/c he is not Matt Cooke, a penalty killing defensive forward, he is one of Bettman's golden boys. IMHO Ovechkin is dirtier than Cooke and always has been. Cooke is cleaner than a douched vagina these days.

I thought the Cooke suspension was a bit much.
And it's not really even a joke anymore, it could actually be serious, but Cooke for the Lady Bing this year?
How many PIMs does he have?
Pete Nice Wrote:And this is the part where Brampton or Brian or some other smart ass comes on am makes the redundant point that All-Star games do not matter anyway and are "stupid".......... :poke:

Confusedad:
I've given up on them.
It doesn't mean much of anything to anyone except the host city, and the big league sponsors that get to give trips to it away and shit.
I'm not one of those people who say to get rid of it, I've just given up.
Keep it, let it be dumb. Let the skills competition be fun. Give someone with too much money a car.
And I'll catch the highlights.
Chip Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:

I thought the Cooke suspension was a bit much.
And it's not really even a joke anymore, it could actually be serious, but Cooke for the Lady Bing this year?
How many PIMs does he have?

I think he has like 18.
Chip Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:And this is the part where Brampton or Brian or some other smart ass comes on am makes the redundant point that All-Star games do not matter anyway and are "stupid".......... :poke:

Confusedad:
I've given up on them.
It doesn't mean much of anything to anyone except the host city, and the big league sponsors that get to give trips to it away and shit.
I'm not one of those people who say to get rid of it, I've just given up.
Keep it, let it be dumb. Let the skills competition be fun. Give someone with too much money a car.
And I'll catch the highlights.

WHile I agree, it is still nice to see deserving players, especially the ones on your team, make the AST. Remember the game in Pittsburgh in the 90's when Lemieux had like 8 goals? awesome game.
Well, for the most part all star games are stupid.
Especially the nfl and NHL games. They don't reflect the way the sport is played, there are a lot of people who have no business being there, and they are just plain boring to watch

sent from the legion of doom
This is the best to a game I've seen in a while.

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console...&id=166067
Chip Wrote:This week in Stupid News...

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nhl/story...oalie-mask

That's just dumb.
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:
Chip Wrote:This week in Stupid News...

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nhl/story...oalie-mask

That's just dumb.

And I guess they all knew it was dumb too.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nhl/story...-hollywood
that it was all a misunderstanding

Translation: Public outcry and the media are making us look bad, so we are bailing out quick. Plus, our lawyer said that we don't really have any grounds to stand on.
If Winnepeg had only waited just ONE more year, they could have had the actual Jets back.

Former coach and current radio analyst Dany Dubé, a wise and plugged-in hockey man, mentioned on Radio-Canada on Monday that a Phoenix Coyotes player of his acquaintance had been advised to "go and learn French" by someone in the organization

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/ho...le2382863/
It's almost like that scene in Mystery Alaska where they have the anthem singer take as long as possible so the Rangers would freeze.

[youtube_url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtQjVs42V1A[/youtube_url]
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12