Dudebro Nation

Full Version: Hump Day - 5/18/2011
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
People can tell a mechanic to do whatever, but if it doesn't fix it, then it's not the mechanics fault.
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:Anyone else kind of on edge for the shit that is supposed to go down on Saturday?

BRING IT ON!!!

My Mom is worried...she wants us all at her house so we can all die together.... Confusedad:
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:Anyone else kind of on edge for the shit that is supposed to go down on Saturday?

BRING IT ON!!!
should make for a great show on friday....it could be the last......dun dun daaaa
so let me get this right, saturday at around 6pm is the second coming of jesus, and petentially the end of the world, predicted by this guy....

[Image: camping_587187t.jpg]
Oh, I don't believe that guy now. He's about as believable as AJ Christ.
Derick Wrote:so let me get this right, saturday at around 6pm is the second coming of jesus, and petentially the end of the world, predicted by this guy....

[Image: camping_587187t.jpg]
from the look of him, I think this cat has been dead for some time
okay the emgergency test just made me pee a little
i think i'm safe to dvr cops on saturday night, and still watch it
LeNeve Wrote:Oh, I don't believe that guy now. He's about as believable as AJ Christ.

:roflmao:

Didn't you hear?
It's bush league psych out stuff, so Jesus put it off until next Wednesday.

[youtube]idBhoV01ryo[/youtube]
Chip Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:
Chip Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:I actually have stuff to do today. Almost done with everything though. Lately all I get is people that just want the diagnosis done on their vehicles, then they try to fix it themselves, or take it somewhere else.

My friend has one of those computer readers, I just borrow his when ever I need it.

I have one of those. I used it all the time on my Saturn, then would take it into the dealer and tell them what to do and tell them not to run the $80 diagnostic. A few times one of the techs would say "how do you know that is what needs done". I would not tell them why. They would get all pissy, but do the work anyway. Sorry I want to save $80, is that really such a reason to get pissed. I was never a dick about it, I was always nice about it, I just don't want to pay the $80 diagnostic fee when every time my machine has been right.

I always thought they had to run their own diagnostic. I didn't realize that was something you just just tell them not to do.
I'll be damned.
My old truck's engine light was on because the catylitic converter went bad and I never got it replaced. I was planning on getting one of those caps for the censor, but then I totalled it, so I didn't bother.

Yeah, that diagnostic fee is a such a rip off. I hate paying for shit that is not necessary, especially when it comes to car repair.
LeNeve Wrote:People can tell a mechanic to do whatever, but if it doesn't fix it, then it's not the mechanics fault.

If mechanics had not been rips off artists for so many years, a lot still are, then people would not be so apprehensive about it. $70 for a diagnostic machine at home is WAY better than paying that rip off $80 fee EVERY FUCKING TIME you go in. Sorry, I know you and Brampton are good guys, but my overall opinion of the car repair industry is very poor.
Pete Nice Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:People can tell a mechanic to do whatever, but if it doesn't fix it, then it's not the mechanics fault.

If mechanics had not been rips off artists for so many years, a lot still are, then people would not be so apprehensive about it. $70 for a diagnostic machine at home is WAY better than paying that rip off $80 fee EVERY FUCKING TIME you go in. Sorry, I know you and Brampton are good guys, but my overall opinion of the car repair industry is very poor.

I agree with you for the most part.
geinslunchbox Wrote:okay the emgergency test just made me pee a little

I hope you got a spare pair of drawers.
BTW, Joe is awesome!
:high5:
Pete Nice Wrote:

I have no problem with people not trusting mechanics........and with people buying scanners for their home. Its great.

I also love doing repairs diagnosed by customers that are wrong, then charging them through the ass for proper diagnosis
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20