Dudebro Nation

Full Version: Monday April 11, 2011. A little off
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:How many of you guys have to wear hard hats sometimes? How many of you call them brain buckets? I have heard them called that plenty of times, but it kind of bugs me. Like this morning guy comes in, I'm working on his truck, he looks at me and says "forgot my brain bucket" then he looks at me waiting for me to say something back I guess, or laugh maybe. I don't know. So I finally said "hahahaha yep, safety first". Then I took off so he wouldn't talk to me anymore.

What I don't understand is how contractors walk around a building having renovations being done in their hard hats, yet employees at the building will walk around without any kind of protection?

I get that too. I'm there in a hard hat and safety vest, while people are dressed normal right next to me working on the line.
It's lame.
Chip Wrote:No, I don't, but I see some of that.
I only wear them when I field check in automotive plants, so most of the "flair" is at least job related. Security clearance kind of stuff.

Oh, hey :tater: , I was out in Grand Blanc last Friday.

Well, shit, I wasn't doing much of anything. GB is about 15 minutes away. We could've met for lunch or something.

Could have, but I was out of there by around 10:30 and had to go to another plant in Lake Orion.
another aftershock in Japan, 7.1 magnitude today. That's almost the limit of what the nuclear reactor that's in trouble was designed for. Confusedwoot:
LeNeve Wrote:How many of you guys have to wear hard hats sometimes? How many of you call them brain buckets? I have heard them called that plenty of times, but it kind of bugs me. Like this morning guy comes in, I'm working on his truck, he looks at me and says "forgot my brain bucket" then he looks at me waiting for me to say something back I guess, or laugh maybe. I don't know. So I finally said "hahahaha yep, safety first". Then I took off so he wouldn't talk to me anymore.

Once or twice a month I have to go to work sites and take statements and scene inspections, sometimes they give me a spare, but I really don't want to do that any more. I might get my own if work let's me expense it.

Around here it's pretty big for guys to paint their work helmet to look like a Steeler helmet. They are doing work at the end of one of the roads to my house and this morning I saw a woman worker wearing a pink one. I have heard people say brain bucket to refer to work helmets, also when I was in the Army some people called their Kevlar helmet that. Also when I played football some people used that name as well, more so when I played minor league football not so much in high school and college.

What I don't understand is how contractors walk around a building having renovations being done in their hard hats, yet employees at the building will walk around without any kind of protection?

liability
Pete Nice Wrote:

Once or twice a month I have to go to work sites and take statements and scene inspections, sometimes they give me a spare, but I really don't want to do that any more. I might get my own if work let's me expense it.

Around here it's pretty big for guys to paint their work helmet to look like a Steeler helmet. They are doing work at the end of one of the roads to my house and this morning I saw a woman worker wearing a pink one. I have heard people say brain bucket to refer to work helmets, also when I was in the Army some people called their Kevlar helmet that. Also when I played football some people used that name as well, more so when I played minor league football not so much in high school and college.

I have a feeling that's common everywhere. I see a lot of Lions paint jobs.
Last week I saw one that looked like a Tigers batting helmet, shape and all. I thought that was pretty cool.
Chip Wrote:
beckster Wrote:
Chip Wrote:No, I don't, but I see some of that.
I only wear them when I field check in automotive plants, so most of the "flair" is at least job related. Security clearance kind of stuff.

Oh, hey :tater: , I was out in Grand Blanc last Friday.

Well, shit, I wasn't doing much of anything. GB is about 15 minutes away. We could've met for lunch or something.

Could have, but I was out of there by around 10:30 and had to go to another plant in Lake Orion.

Oh well... I'm trying to not spend money right now anyway. Still waiting on my determination for unemployment. Confusedad:
michaelangelo Wrote:another aftershock in Japan, 7.1 magnitude today. That's almost the limit of what the nuclear reactor that's in trouble was designed for. Confusedwoot:

Again?? Swoot! Armageddon is hitting them early.
I always dress nice when I visit family. Not suit and tie shit, but nice, like if I was going out to dinner. Nothing weird about that. Rich is a dolt.
LeNeve Wrote:I always dress nice when I visit family. Not suit and tie shit, but nice, like if I was going out to dinner. Nothing weird about that. Rich is a dolt.
So no flip flops?
Pete Nice Wrote:
beckster Wrote:

liability

I get that, but I don't get how the regular employees get overlooked on that liability. When I was still at the pickle place, they were remodeling and I had to drive a forklift through area where they were welding. I would have sparks showering over me.
Pete Nice Wrote:
beckster Wrote:

liability

I get that, but I don't get how the regular employees get overlooked on that liability. When I was still at the pickle place, they were remodeling and I had to drive a forklift through area where they were welding. I would have sparks showering over me.
Contractors have a safety program that they must follow. Obviously, your upper management doesn't give a rat's ass about your safety.
Brian Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:I always dress nice when I visit family. Not suit and tie shit, but nice, like if I was going out to dinner. Nothing weird about that. Rich is a dolt.
So no flip flops?

If I go to a pool party I might bring some flops in a bag with my towel, and swim suit. I'm showing up looking decent though.
[Image: Bounty-Hunter-Plus-Adult-Costume-1.jpg]
I watched undercover boss last night. What a gay show. I couldn't stop watching it though. The CEO of baja fresh couldn't stop crying, and having prayer circles with the lowest level employess. Then he gave 3 of them like 5,000. and gave one mexican kid his own baja fresh franchise.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15