Dudebro Nation

Full Version: Wednesday 03/30 - Should I buy Organic?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
Here, found this based on yesterdays show topic; what to buy organic and what to buy conventional (local)
http://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/slides...uy-organic
you know me, i treat my body like a garbage can. I have no need to buy organic food. The reason people are fat is because they are too lazy. I blame the remote control. How to stop being fat, get your ass off the couch
and for fuck sake, if you can afford to buy a $4 loaf of organic bread, to can afford to join a gym
I don't even have a place to get organic food anywhere around me.

If I had an organic store to shop at, I couldn't afford it anyway.
Its not just about organic food. theyve made the shitty instant food cheaper, and put more garbage in it.

I just try to avoid the aisles at the grocery store. Shop around the perimeter and youre pretty safe
Did someone say food?

[Image: big_smiles.gif]
If this doesn't motivate you, nothing will.

[Image: The_Aliens.jpg]
Chip Wrote:If this doesn't motivate you, nothing will.

[Image: The_Aliens.jpg]
I approve this message
do not buy fruits and vegtables with poison on them. Got it.
Brampton Wrote:Its not just about organic food. theyve made the shitty instant food cheaper, and put more garbage in it.

I just try to avoid the aisles at the grocery store. Shop around the perimeter and youre pretty safe

yeah pretty much.
LeNeve Wrote:do not buy fruits and vegtables with poison on them. Got it.

No, just make sure it's organic poison. Then you'll be ok.
You know that show on A&E with the huge fat people, and they are trying to get into shape. I actually laugh out loud when I see them trying to exercise, and they are all struggling, and jiggly, and they are usually crying. I think it's hysterical.
I think organic, for the most part, is just a way for people to make more money.

Two of my wife's best friends shop at whole food like it is their job. One of them pays $3.50 a meal for organic cat food. It costs them $10.50 a day to feed their cat. The only shit I buy at Whole Foods is stuff you can not get anywhere else. I bought some Irish soda bread at Whole foods for St. Pat's and it sucked compared to the stuff from the grocery store and bakery, they didn't make it right.

Around here, if you go 15 minutes out of the city there are produce stands all over the place, that shit is cheaper and healthier than anything you can buy at the organic store. cheaper than the regular store also.

It should not cost more money to eat healthy, at what point does the government step in and say, we are too fat, let's control some of this overpricing on healthy food?
I would be a big fat slob of a mess if I didn't have a naturally high metabolism. Maybe not though, I don't eat much, because nothing ever tastes good.
Pete Nice Wrote:I think organic, for the most part, is just a way for people to make more money.

Two of my wife's best friends shop at whole food like it is their job. One of them pays $3.50 a meal for organic cat food. It costs them $10.50 a day to feed their cat. The only shit I buy at Whole Foods is stuff you can not get anywhere else. I bought some Irish soda bread at Whole foods for St. Pat's and it sucked compared to the stuff from the grocery store and bakery, they didn't make it right.

Around here, if you go 15 minutes out of the city there are produce stands all over the place, that shit is cheaper and healthier than anything you can buy at the organic store. cheaper than the regular store also.

It should not cost more money to eat healthy, at what point does the government step in and say, we are too fat, let's control some of this overpricing on healthy food?

Yep.
There are farms around here that have stands set up all summer.
You can take the food right off the truck that comes from the field.
It doesn't get much fresher then that.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18