Dudebro Nation

Full Version: Friday, Jan 14, 2011 ~ Rough week almost over
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
Nussie_T Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:my wife says the store does not have black ops. I don't believe her. She says her brother has it and will sell it to me. I think they are running a scam on me.

Damn Mexcians :poke: :j/k:

you don't know the half of it.
LeNeve Wrote:
Chip Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:I like the pittsburgh teams. :high5:

I hate you now...

So, what've I missed?

You'll learn to love me again.
:?
LeNeve Wrote:my wife says the store does not have black ops. I don't believe her. She says her brother has it and will sell it to me. I think they are running a scam on me.

Sounds like it, Mexicans are sneaky.
Pete Nice Wrote:And one more thing. At least I am a passionate fan of my hometown teams, teams I grew up around and have spent my entire life being a fan of. I even have a little hope that the Pirates will all click this year and finish over .500 challenging for a division title in a watered down NL central. VERY little hope, but hope none the less. Nothing pisses me off more than people who do not support their hometown team. People who just want to be shit talkers and trouble makers. People who were teenagers in the 90's and now are Cowboys fans, but have never been to a game or to Dallas. Or Braves fans from the same era.

Support your fucking hometown team, unless you don't have a team in your hometown, then pick a team you like and stick with them. Fuckers. :flame: :rant:

Not directed at you Brampton, just a rant.

I'm not really a football fan, and I hate basketball, so I don't follow the Lions and Pistons.
I've always liked the Tigers.
Red Wing fans though, have always really annoyed me. I stopped liking them before I started liking the Flyers.
Chip Wrote:

I hate you now...

So, what've I missed?

But besides the Penguins, do you really hate, or have a reason to hate, the other Pittsburgh teams. YOu have to respect the Steelers and their organization no?
LeNeve Wrote:
Chip Wrote:

I hate you now...

So, what've I missed?

You'll learn to love me again.

:?
Pete Nice Wrote:
Joe Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:It tough b/c I am a fan of two of the teams that people LOOOOOOVE to hate the most, the Steelers and Penguins. It sucks always being in a position of having to defend your team all the time to trolls and assholes when in fact your team is one of the best, a class organization, run by good people with good players. I am sick of defending Crosby against false beliefs that could apply to 99% of all NHL players and I am sick of hearing about Ben raping women when both sets of charges are absolute bullshit, and anyone who is in the business will tell you that, but the fucking media and haters blew it out of proportion. It makes it really tough, especially with ignorant ass fans like Flyers, Rangers, Ravens, Cowboys and Browns fans, not all of them, but the loud majority of them.

Sorry. :rant: :rant:

Try growing up a fan of a sports city that the rest of the country hates. On top of that a team that has never won a superbowl. Or a hockey team that hasn't won a cup since you were alive.

I like Philly, my friend were getting on my big time last weekend for routing for the Eagles. They say I should hate everything Philly. I say I want to support my state also. As far as the Flyers, their fans brought that on themselves, and, it is nice to be part of, IMHO, one of the top 5 rivalries in sports.

I have no problem cheering on PGH because they are in the AFC and I'd love an all PA Superbowl one year. I don't mind the Pirates either. The Pens were the first team I saw play the Flyers in person when I was like 8 so they automatically became evil.
Pete Nice Wrote:And one more thing. At least I am a passionate fan of my hometown teams, teams I grew up around and have spent my entire life being a fan of. I even have a little hope that the Pirates will all click this year and finish over .500 challenging for a division title in a watered down NL central. VERY little hope, but hope none the less. Nothing pisses me off more than people who do not support their hometown team. People who just want to be shit talkers and trouble makers. People who were teenagers in the 90's and now are Cowboys fans, but have never been to a game or to Dallas. Or Braves fans from the same era.

Support your fucking hometown team, unless you don't have a team in your hometown, then pick a team you like and stick with them. Fuckers. :flame: :rant:

I support the Toronto Raptors, they have little to no chance of ever winning the NBA championship but they are the only team I can watch all 82 games per season and they're the closest thing to a home team for me.
red rocket dog
Pete Nice Wrote:
Chip Wrote:

I hate you now...

So, what've I missed?

But besides the Penguins, do you really hate, or have a reason to hate, the other Pittsburgh teams. YOu have to respect the Steelers and their organization no?

Nope.
I don't know much about the Steelers organization, but don't they have the most Super Bowls?
When they were in the Super Bowl here, I was glad they won, mostly just because Bettis is from Detroit though.
Pete Nice Wrote:
Chip Wrote:

I hate you now...

So, what've I missed?

Here is why I hate the steelers........you are not included in this Pete, so don't take this to heart

Every person I have ever known who is a Steeler fan, has been a complete dick. Usually an arrogant douche, and this has nothing to do with football, but on a day to day basis.
Plus I think BigBen is a loser, so as a francise I respect them completely, but these outside factors affect my decision

The Penguins, I dont' care either way. But I am not a fan of Crosby (as you know) so it affects my reasoning
Brampton Wrote:

hey, I understand, but outside of the Blue Jays, there isn't one team I support that is local (Toronto).

I hate the Maple Leafs and especially their fans, they aren't even hockey fans for the most part, just Leaf fans. I hate basketball so I don't care about the Craptors. and I don't support the CFL.

So my local options I do support. However, it is just a sport that I watch so I don't live and die with what happens to the teams.

The only thing I get defensive about is my family

Ya, but you are really just about as close to Buffalo as Toronto, so your a Sabres fan, that is more than acceptable. IF there are two or more teams, like in New York City, you have to choose one and you should hate the others if they are in the same division or conference.
LeNeve Wrote:red rocket dog
Confusedheep:
And people talk about Philly fans being violent asses. Try going to an Ohio State game wearing something UofM.
People from here will stop in Toledo and rent a car to take, because cars with Michigan plates will get bricks in the windshield.
Pete Nice Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:

hey, I understand, but outside of the Blue Jays, there isn't one team I support that is local (Toronto).

I hate the Maple Leafs and especially their fans, they aren't even hockey fans for the most part, just Leaf fans. I hate basketball so I don't care about the Craptors. and I don't support the CFL.

So my local options I do support. However, it is just a sport that I watch so I don't live and die with what happens to the teams.

The only thing I get defensive about is my family

Ya, but you are really just about as close to Buffalo as Toronto, so your a Sabres fan, that is more than acceptable. IF there are two or more teams, like in New York City, you have to choose one and you should hate the others if they are in the same division or conference.
Listen, I'm a Tigers and a Lions fan for the other pro sports.

this has a lot to do with my dad. He was raised just outside of Detroit, so when I was younger these teams interested him so intern it interested me. Plus he really likes going to Tigers games with me to this day.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26