Dudebro Nation

Full Version: 2010-2011 season
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Chip Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:ANY shot to the head should be a major and a penalty

No way.
1. Players will just become more wreckless, skating with their head down.
2. Every player over 6'-2" will get suspended for every check.
That will eliminate hitting from the game.

I don't think any should be, they should go back to the Lindros "don't skate with your head down" days. But if they are going to enforce it, they need to go full out, just like they do with the blood and stick cutting thing. You can't pick and choose who gets it, everything or nothing, that is the only fair way. If you get a 5 minutes major if your stick accidentally cuts someone, even if you had NO intent, then you should also if you hit someone in the head, even if you had no "visible" intent.
Chip Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:but he is a such a gamer he will try to play as soon as possible

And if he does, he'll be right back out after the first check he takes. Head shot or not.
Yes, players can get concusions without being hit in the head. Especially after the first.

That was my point.
Chip Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:Lidstrom skipped the all star game a few years ago, faking an injury, to prove a point

What the hell point was he making? It was him and Datsyuk, they were hurt, and wanted the rest. They were told they'd get suspended, and they still took it off. Now that Shannahan is in charge, it was simple for players to opt out of it.

Him and Datsyuk were pissed about something, I just read an article about this within the last two weeks. They were pissed about something so they "created" injuries so they did not have to play in the all start game, despite not missing any games for the Red Wings. They were completely lambasted for it and pretty much admitted they were being asses.
Chip Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:I would not doubt if they outright made this up

A guy who has been a reporter for over 20 years, is going to make something like that up? Citing sources?

Yes, are you saying the Toronto hockey media is not a bunch of rumor rag hacks? B/c everyone knows they are. Yes he was lying, I posted the article above showing that it's all a bunch of fucking bullshit created by the Crosby haters.
:tater:
Pete Nice Wrote:I will respond later when I get home, everything you post never gives the Pens the benefit of the doubt on ANYTHING. I need to show you your flaws also.

BTW, the second hit was blatant boarding, which was penalized, but since the boarding was what caused the head injury, by rule, he should have been suspended. Remember the rule changed after the Cooke hit on Sevard and RIchards hit on booth.

Haha.
I was actually going to point out the spots that I agreed with you, but I didn't have the time to make a post that long.
Pete Nice Wrote:
Chip Wrote:You're cool and all, but sometimes you're a lunatic.

Pete Nice Wrote:both those hits were DIRTY AS FUCK!!!

Dirty. But legal.

Neither hit was legal. The second was boarding and the first he raised his shoulder directly into his head.

Ok, nevermind, I thought you were talking about the Richards and Cooke hits there.
Yeah, both the hits on Crosby were.
Pete Nice Wrote:
Chip Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:nothing happened b/c players know Bettman never fines or suspends on hits against the Pens for two reasons, he villanizes Cooke and figures it all offsets it and Bettman tries to offset the rumors that he favors the Pens by actual not favoring them and not enforcing the rules correctly.

This is the most asinine thing I've read in a long time. This sounds as retarded as people who say Bettman tells the refs to help the Penguins win.

You are one of those people who has said Bettman tries to help the Pens win no?

You have to realize that we get SO FUCKING frustrated in PIttsburgh when people say blatant bullshit like that that we are all in defensive mode now. If anything, the Pens get less calls now that before b/c of the false focus given to Bettman and his supposed Penguins favoritism.

I actually haven't. Sometimes I can't help but wonder if the NHL has it out for the Flyers. A lot of reporters seem to like to carry that flag. Saying the NHL and 'hockey purists' still have it in for the Flyers because they blame them for the 70's. That's another issue, but the Flyers only made that Bullies team because they were sick of getting the shit kicked out of them by everyone else, especially the Blues.

What I have said is that the NHL is just flat out retarded. And just plain stupid to conspire against any team, or favor any team.
Campbell's random suspensions I've always blamed on dementia, but it turns out he hates Savard, and who knows who else. He needs to go.
Pete Nice Wrote:
Chip Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:ANY shot to the head should be a major and a penalty

No way.
1. Players will just become more wreckless, skating with their head down.
2. Every player over 6'-2" will get suspended for every check.
That will eliminate hitting from the game.

I don't think any should be, they should go back to the Lindros "don't skate with your head down" days. But if they are going to enforce it, they need to go full out, just like they do with the blood and stick cutting thing. You can't pick and choose who gets it, everything or nothing, that is the only fair way. If you get a 5 minutes major if your stick accidentally cuts someone, even if you had NO intent, then you should also if you hit someone in the head, even if you had no "visible" intent.

But even with the sticks, it's not supposed to be a penalty if it's a follow through on a shot.
I know exactly where it'll go if they simply ban all head shots. Even worse then now, every hit will get replayed to death, half the media will say it's a head shot and they guy should be kicked out of the league. The other half will say that they hit shoulders first and the head was hit second and only because he had his thumb up his ass bla bla bla.
Players bending over, reaching for a puck after someone gets them lined up, well, they really need to know better.
The hit Thorton was suspended for this year was absolute bull shit.
Pete Nice Wrote:
Chip Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:Lidstrom skipped the all star game a few years ago, faking an injury, to prove a point

What the hell point was he making? It was him and Datsyuk, they were hurt, and wanted the rest. They were told they'd get suspended, and they still took it off. Now that Shannahan is in charge, it was simple for players to opt out of it.

Him and Datsyuk were pissed about something, I just read an article about this within the last two weeks. They were pissed about something so they "created" injuries so they did not have to play in the all start game, despite not missing any games for the Red Wings. They were completely lambasted for it and pretty much admitted they were being asses.

I'm just remembering stuff from 2 years ago, but what I heard around here was that they were playing hurt, and really wanted a weekend off.
Pete Nice Wrote:
Chip Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:I would not doubt if they outright made this up

A guy who has been a reporter for over 20 years, is going to make something like that up? Citing sources?

Yes, are you saying the Toronto hockey media is not a bunch of rumor rag hacks? B/c everyone knows they are. Yes he was lying, I posted the article above showing that it's all a bunch of fucking bullshit created by the Crosby haters.

I have to admit, this was really just a lot of :poke:
This guy and Cox are 2 of the biggest morons out there.
What I really think happened was this guy was told that Crosby was mad about the non-suspensions (which I totally get), and then, in an unrelated point, was told that he might skip the all star game.
And this Shoaltz guy just connected 2 dots that had nothing to do with eachother.
Pete Nice Wrote:
Chip Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:but he is a such a gamer he will try to play as soon as possible

And if he does, he'll be right back out after the first check he takes. Head shot or not.
Yes, players can get concusions without being hit in the head. Especially after the first.

That was my point.

He should really wait until he's sympton free, then wait another week or two to play again.
Want proof the NHL is run by fucking morons?

Clay Aiken is singing at the All Star game.
Chip Wrote:Want proof the NHL is run by fucking morons?

perfect for the fan base of hockey.
LeNeve Wrote:
Chip Wrote:Want proof the NHL is run by fucking morons?

perfect for the fan base of hockey.

Because that'll go over great with the fans...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14