Dudebro Nation

Full Version: 2010-2011 season
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Pete Nice Wrote:Leonsis is an idiot who most likely made that shit up. Leonsis was sitting in a closed box, there is no way he would have heard it anyway. If he had the glass on the box open, he still would not, under any circumstances, hear what the sections above him are saying and he would not be able to hear the main concourse and great hall seating, so the only areas he would be able to hear chant are the club levels and the club levels were given almost exclusively to Sponsors and the remaining tickets to Pens fans. They put the Caps fans out in the regular seating, not the clubs. So the only way he would have hear something is if the entire stadium was chanting it, in which case there is NO WAY I would have missed it. Most likely it was like a group of 4 fans who were there together and he just exaggerated it.

Get me a section and I will confirm it 100%. I am the eyes and ears of the stadium and I would have known that shit fo sho.

All I've been able to find is that quote, and Ed Snider laughing about it.
And apparently they did it because there was a guy there in a Flyer jersey.
Chip Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:Leonsis is an idiot who most likely made that shit up. Leonsis was sitting in a closed box, there is no way he would have heard it anyway. If he had the glass on the box open, he still would not, under any circumstances, hear what the sections above him are saying and he would not be able to hear the main concourse and great hall seating, so the only areas he would be able to hear chant are the club levels and the club levels were given almost exclusively to Sponsors and the remaining tickets to Pens fans. They put the Caps fans out in the regular seating, not the clubs. So the only way he would have hear something is if the entire stadium was chanting it, in which case there is NO WAY I would have missed it. Most likely it was like a group of 4 fans who were there together and he just exaggerated it.

Get me a section and I will confirm it 100%. I am the eyes and ears of the stadium and I would have known that shit fo sho.

All I've been able to find is that quote, and Ed Snider laughing about it.
And apparently they did it because there was a guy there in a Flyer jersey.

I have checked with a bunch of people the last few days that were in the the east and west club areas, the great hall seating and the main concourse seating and none of them heard anything like this.

Those are the only areas where he could have heard it.

Again, it was probably like 2-4 college students, half Pens and half Caps fans, (happens a lot w/ out of town college kids around here), and they probably saw the Flyers Jersey and a handful of people walking in the concourse or something chanted Flyers suck like two times and Leonsis made a mountain out of a molehill.
Pete Nice Wrote:
Chip Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:
Chip Wrote:Biggest news to come out of the Winter Classic?

It's that Caps and Pens fans actually bonded.
They took time out of their busy night to chant "Flyers suck" together.
:roflmao:
Losers.

Ya, being there I can tell you that is not true. Good try though. Caps and Pens fans would NEVER bond, many Pens fans hate the Caps more than the Flyers.

Yeah, it did actually.

“The highlight for me was two sections filled with Caps fans and Pens fans and they looked at each other and they started chanting, 'Flyers suck,’” Leonsis said after the game. “It's like they bonded around something.”

Leonsis is an idiot who most likely made that shit up. Leonsis was sitting in a closed box, there is no way he would have heard it anyway. If he had the glass on the box open, he still would not, under any circumstances, hear what the sections above him are saying and he would not be able to hear the main concourse and great hall seating, so the only areas he would be able to hear chant are the club levels and the club levels were given almost exclusively to Sponsors and the remaining tickets to Pens fans. They put the Caps fans out in the regular seating, not the clubs. So the only way he would have hear something is if the entire stadium was chanting it, in which case there is NO WAY I would have missed it. Most likely it was like a group of 4 fans who were there together and he just exaggerated it.

they showed Leonsis down near the ice towards the end of the game
Watching Hockey Night In Canada, and Montreal just pulled off a pretty damn good comeback against Boston to win in OT.
And Chara is going nucking futs.
Chip Wrote:Watching Hockey Night In Canada, and Montreal just pulled off a pretty damn good comeback against Boston to win in OT.
And Chara is going nucking futs.
That Wings/Canucks game was a good game even though I was sick watching it and it wouldn't fucking end.
7-5? SERIOUSLY? 7-5?

What is up with the Bruins? The Pens were leading them 2-0 the other day with 4 minutes left in the game and lost 4-2. Last I saw last night the Flyers were up 5-4 late in the 3rd and lost 7-5? The Bruins are really starting to annoy me, although I am glad they beat the Flyers last night.

giving up 7 goals though? Holy fuck!!! I can not remember the last time the Pens gave up 7 goals. Maybe last year against Vancoucer, but I think that might have only been 6. I will say it yet again, no way Flyers win a cup, not with that goaltending.
Pete Nice Wrote:7-5? SERIOUSLY? 7-5?

What is up with the Bruins? The Pens were leading them 2-0 the other day with 4 minutes left in the game and lost 4-2. Last I saw last night the Flyers were up 5-4 late in the 3rd and lost 7-5? The Bruins are really starting to annoy me, although I am glad they beat the Flyers last night.

giving up 7 goals though? Holy fuck!!! I can not remember the last time the Pens gave up 7 goals. Maybe last year against Vancoucer, but I think that might have only been 6. I will say it yet again, no way Flyers win a cup, not with that goaltending.

The 3rd period last night was just nuts.
Flyers were up 3-2 at the start.
Then it was 4-3 Bruins.
Then 5-4 Flyers.
Then 6-5 Bruins before the empty net goal.

Not having great goaltending is the issue it used to be. Osgood was never an amazing goalie, yet he won 2 cups.
With the cap, EVERY team is going to have holes. Scoring depth, defense, goaltending, every team will have something that can be said will keep them from the cup.
And even an average goalie can get hot, all he has to do, is do it at the right time.
The cup finals last year had the worst goaltending I can remember, ever.
The parody in goalies now-a-days is closer then it's ever been.
Ron Wilson is getting fined for "putting $600 on the board" to the person who scores the game winning goal in his 600th win.
For circumventing the cap.

This is kinda intersting, I had no idea it was this big and organized.
http://www.thehockeynews.com/articles/27...d-Yes.html

One take on it all I heard was pretty interesting.
If that counts as circumventing the cap, what about Lemieux letting Crosby live with him?
Why wouldn't free rent count too?
Usually rookies live with other players, so that's not an issue.
Chip Wrote:What a dickhead.

Cooke? Engelland?

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/ho...le1873903/

Engelland is not dirty and I guaran-FUCKING-tee if Cooke had been the hitter in either of those hits Crosby took, he would have been given a major, game, fined AND suspended. (Cooke is dirty and I have publically said he should have been suspended for the Savard hit, just like Richards should have been suspended for the Booth hit) This is the problem, both those hits were DIRTY AS FUCK!!! and nothing happened b/c players know Bettman never fines or suspends on hits against the Pens for two reasons, he villanizes Cooke and figures it all offsets it and Bettman tries to offset the rumors that he favors the Pens by actual not favoring them and not enforcing the rules correctly.

I have said this before, I am not against pussifying the game and think the players should play and everyone should shut up, BUT BUT BUT if you are going to enforce it, it needs to be enforced consistently, fairly and across the board no matter who the players involved are. ANY shot to the head should be a major and a penalty, just like ANY accidental cut made by your stick is. I would MUCH rather have my lip or cheek cut by a stick than get a concussion, yet the NHL enforces the former with much more gusto and consistency, which in itself is inconsistent.

As far as Crosby, he shouldn't be playing in any games until he is healthy, but he is a such a gamer he will try to play as soon as possible. As far as his playing in the all star game, he should play if healthy and not play if not healthy, but as far as skipping to make a point, I have never been a fan of anyone doing that. Lidstrom skipped the all star game a few years ago, faking an injury, to prove a point, and it was dumb then, and it is dumb now. BUT this article is from Toronto, which in hockey land is basically the grocery store rags of hockey reporting, so I would not doubt if they outright made this up and Crosby actually never said he was skipping, let alone skipping to make a point. Toronto hockey media is anti-Crosby and also has a habit and reputation of making shit up.

Want to correct the NHL:
1. Fire Bettman
2. Enforce the fucking rules correctly.
3. Go all in or nothing on rules for safety, no grey area.
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: Just as I thought, Toronto rag media strikes again, two seconds after I posted this I found this:

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11018/1118848-100.stm

Penguins center Sidney Crosby, saying he hopes to be able to attend the NHL All-Star Game, today strongly dismissed a Canadian newspaper report that he might boycott that game because he is angry that the league did not appropriately punish the players whose hits left him with a concussion.

"That's not even close," Crosby said of the story in the Globe and Mail. "I'll be there if I can be there. I still haven't ruled out being there. Hopefully, the next few days things get better and there's still a slight chance I could be back for that. That's what I'm hoping. If I can be there, I'll be there."

Crosby, speaking for the first time in 10 days, will miss his sixth game in a row tonight because of a concussion caused by some combination of hits to the head by Washington's David Steckel Jan. 1 and Tampa Bay's Victor Hedman Jan. 5.

Steckel received no penalty, Hedman a boarding penalty. Neither was suspended or fined the by NHL. Crosby earlier said he did not like the hits and felt they violated the NHL's rules against hits to the head.

"It's out of my hands," he said today. "I can't control what's called and not called. If anything, it's frustrating being out, but that's not what fuels the frustration. The frustrating part is just not being able to play hockey every day."

He said even if he isn't able to compete at the All-Star weekend, Jan. 28-30 at Carolina, he will be there if possible to take part in promotional, fan and media events.

"I've definitely gotten better," Crosby said. "It's kind of hard to judge because it's not something I've gone through [before], but I feel like I'm progressing.

"It's kind of on and off. As far as symptoms, it's mostly headaches and that kind of thing. Once you get better, I think you realize how far you've come. Some days you feel good, you feel like you've had progress, and there's other days that are a little bit tougher. That's kind of all tied into it.

"The good thing is that it has gotten better. It's tough to really put a timetable on it, but I feel like I've progressed a lot, especially the past week or so."

Read more: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11018/1118848-100.stm#ixzz1BPobOxSe">http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11018/11 ... z1BPobOxSe</a><!-- m -->
You're cool and all, but sometimes you're a lunatic.

Pete Nice Wrote:both those hits were DIRTY AS FUCK!!!

Dirty. But legal.

Pete Nice Wrote:nothing happened b/c players know Bettman never fines or suspends on hits against the Pens for two reasons, he villanizes Cooke and figures it all offsets it and Bettman tries to offset the rumors that he favors the Pens by actual not favoring them and not enforcing the rules correctly.

This is the most asinine thing I've read in a long time. This sounds as retarded as people who say Bettman tells the refs to help the Penguins win.

Pete Nice Wrote:ANY shot to the head should be a major and a penalty

No way.
1. Players will just become more wreckless, skating with their head down.
2. Every player over 6'-2" will get suspended for every check.
That will eliminate hitting from the game.

Pete Nice Wrote:but he is a such a gamer he will try to play as soon as possible

And if he does, he'll be right back out after the first check he takes. Head shot or not.
Yes, players can get concusions without being hit in the head. Especially after the first.

Pete Nice Wrote:Lidstrom skipped the all star game a few years ago, faking an injury, to prove a point

What the hell point was he making? It was him and Datsyuk, they were hurt, and wanted the rest. They were told they'd get suspended, and they still took it off. Now that Shannahan is in charge, it was simple for players to opt out of it.

Pete Nice Wrote:I would not doubt if they outright made this up

A guy who has been a reporter for over 20 years, is going to make something like that up? Citing sources?
I will respond later when I get home, everything you post never gives the Pens the benefit of the doubt on ANYTHING. I need to show you your flaws also.

BTW, the second hit was blatant boarding, which was penalized, but since the boarding was what caused the head injury, by rule, he should have been suspended. Remember the rule changed after the Cooke hit on Sevard and RIchards hit on booth.
Chip Wrote:You're cool and all, but sometimes you're a lunatic.

Pete Nice Wrote:both those hits were DIRTY AS FUCK!!!

Dirty. But legal.

Neither hit was legal. The second was boarding and the first he raised his shoulder directly into his head.
Chip Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:nothing happened b/c players know Bettman never fines or suspends on hits against the Pens for two reasons, he villanizes Cooke and figures it all offsets it and Bettman tries to offset the rumors that he favors the Pens by actual not favoring them and not enforcing the rules correctly.

This is the most asinine thing I've read in a long time. This sounds as retarded as people who say Bettman tells the refs to help the Penguins win.

You are one of those people who has said Bettman tries to help the Pens win no?

You have to realize that we get SO FUCKING frustrated in PIttsburgh when people say blatant bullshit like that that we are all in defensive mode now. If anything, the Pens get less calls now that before b/c of the false focus given to Bettman and his supposed Penguins favoritism.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14