Dudebro Nation

Full Version: Jobs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
How'd you end up with the job you have? Was is something you always knew you wanted to do and made it a goal to get there?
Or did you kinda go with the flow, and take opportunity's as they came and landed where you're at?

I always wanted to run my own framing/roofing jobs. Did it and realized help is not reliable and i hate being a salesman. Gotta sell yourself to sell the job. If you love golf, i love golf. You fish? i love to fish! ect.. I was good at it, but not my steeze. I hate being fake like that.

How'd you find what job is right for you?
I kind of fell into both the jobs I have now. I was working for Canadian Tire when they screwed me over for a promotion both they and I knew I deserved so I left and went to Maxim.
I like my job at Maxim depending on what I am doing. If i am stuck at the front counter I hate it. Some truck drivers are :douche: s and treat me like shit because I am a girl and that I don't know anything so I wait until there are within earshot and make a bet with Neil (the other front counter staff) about a diagnosis and wait for the tech to come up. It makes me feel so happy about myself when I am right and you see them glare at you like WTF!
The recycling shit I do. We just happened to luck out that NERRF didn't want to do it anymore and put it in a bid on a contract. I really like that job. I get a wicked exercise from it and am getting really muscley arms!!! (Yea!) Even when I hate this job and never want to do it again... I'll still do it. I make $1250 a week and all I spend is 3 hours a day 3 times a week.
Nussie_T Wrote:I kind of fell into both the jobs I have now. I was working for Canadian Tire when they screwed me over for a promotion both they and I knew I deserved so I left and went to Maxim.
I like my job at Maxim depending on what I am doing. If i am stuck at the front counter I hate it. Some truck drivers are :douche: s and treat me like shit because I am a girl and that I don't know anything so I wait until there are within earshot and make a bet with Neil (the other front counter staff) about a diagnosis and wait for the tech to come up. It makes me feel so happy about myself when I am right and you see them glare at you like WTF!
The recycling shit I do. We just happened to luck out that NERRF didn't want to do it anymore and put it in a bid on a contract. I really like that job. I get a wicked exercise from it and am getting really muscley arms!!! (Yea!) Even when I hate this job and never want to do it again... I'll still do it. I make $1250 a week and all I spend is 3 hours a day 3 times a week.
That's $140 an hour.Remind me again why I want to get a degree.
As a kid I knew I wanted to do something electrical. In votech I wanted to take the electronics class, but when I took their test, I fit better in the electrical construction class. I took that for 3yrs, and after HS I did a 6mo trade school for Cat5, Faber Optics, and Security sys. After trade school, I worked for a temp company for over 3yrs installing Cat5 and fiber. Working off and on and the 1hr drive each way got old real quick.
After that I landed a job at an alarm company and was there only a month. This guy was a total dick. He always screwed the employees and customers over, and was pretty much out for himself. My ass got canned once he found out that I had a scheduled interview with his competitor (my current employer). When I left I forgot to hand the keys over to one of his trucks so I threw them out in the woods. Another guy who quit a week later locked the other set in the truck when he left so he had to hire a locksmith.
After two weeks of being off, my current employer hired me, and here I am over 7yrs later.
I was in college for human resources and realized I hated people, so I figured I liked working with my hands and I liked cars. Then I came to the conclusion of being a mechanic
I actually needed a job, UE was running out, and I applied to a ad in the help wanted section of the newspaper. Went to State College for a days worth of testing and interviews and was one of 8 people out of about 250 hired.
Brampton Wrote:I was in college for human resources and realized I hated people, so I figured I liked working with my hands and I liked cars. Then I came to the conclusion of being a mechanic
I hate fixing vehicles. Once I get into it I don't mind it, but I dread the thought of doing it.
i bleed green Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:I was in college for human resources and realized I hated people, so I figured I liked working with my hands and I liked cars. Then I came to the conclusion of being a mechanic
I hate fixing vehicles. Once I get into it I don't mind it, but I dread the thought of doing it.
I usually fix my own but wouldn't want to do it for a living either.
the keifer Wrote:
i bleed green Wrote:
I usually fix my own but wouldn't want to do it for a living either.
its a good living if you find a good place to work.......plus I like the fact I don't have to take my work home with me
I became a cop because I liked driving fast and shooting guns.

20 years down the road I still like driving fast and shooting guns...but the cop part was shitty. I don't miss it a bit. The civilian world is SO much easier.
When I was "let go" from the CardioVascular Group for calling an arrogant surgeon a homo during an aortic valve replacement, I had a friend tell me that she could get me on with FedEx if I was interested. 17+ yrs later I'm still here!!!
eddieyourdj Wrote:When I was "let go" from the CardioVascular Group for calling an arrogant surgeon a homo during an aortic valve replacement, I had a friend tell me that she could get me on with FedEx if I was interested. 17+ yrs later I'm still here!!!
????????? Was he trying to have sex with the heart ??????????

Why'd ya call him a homo? :poke: :poke:
eddieyourdj Wrote:When I was "let go" from the CardioVascular Group for calling an arrogant surgeon a homo during an aortic valve replacement, I had a friend tell me that she could get me on with FedEx if I was interested. 17+ yrs later I'm still here!!!

I think unless there was an actual homo in the room you get a free pass.
Joe Wrote:

I think unless there was an actual homo in the room you get a free pass.

Homo was a pretty vicious word to call someone 17 years ago.
I think that I would enjoy working for Fedex as a driver. Eddie, can you hook me up?
Pages: 1 2 3