Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can you figure it out?
Chip Wrote:
Brian in NY Wrote:
Chip Wrote:"Let the field figure it out" is our last resort for tricky things like that.
Confusedlap: Being in construction, people like you piss off people like me everyday.

:roflmao: Sorry.
But, try dealing with architects.
This job I'm working on right now, the structural drawings hardly have any structural information. It's mostly foundation info. Wtf? And the info that is on the structural is revised and doesn't agree with the info on the architectural drawings which is also revised.
And we have to figure it all out. :killme:
Yeah no shit, architects are the worst. "It looks soooo pretty, why can't you build it?" :killme:
Brian in NY Wrote:
Chip Wrote:
Brian in NY Wrote:
Chip Wrote:"Let the field figure it out" is our last resort for tricky things like that.
Confusedlap: Being in construction, people like you piss off people like me everyday.

:roflmao: Sorry.
This job I'm working on right now, the structural drawings hardly have any structural information. It's mostly foundation info. Wtf? And the info that is on the structural is revised and doesn't agree with the info on the architectural drawings which is also revised.
Yeah no shit, architects are the worst. "It looks soooo pretty, why can't you build it?" :killme:

They're fucks. If they did their job, we could do ours, so you could do yours.
They start all the fuck-ups.
Chip Wrote:
Brian in NY Wrote:
Chip Wrote::roflmao: Sorry.

They're fucks. If they did their job, we could do ours, so you could do yours.
They start all the fuck-ups.
And then if the excavators don't backfill and build the fucking swales properly then I have to shovel and rake a shitload of fucking dirt to get the grading right so the grass can go down. :killme:
Everything I say is not true and all things I claim to have done or do are just made up for argument sake!!
[Image: nph_loves_mondays.gif]
Chip Wrote:
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote::nothingtoadd:

Oh that's not true. You just added a little dose of :tater:

[Image: images-1.jpg]
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:
Chip Wrote:
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote::nothingtoadd:

Oh that's not true. You just added a little dose of :tater:

[Image: images-1.jpg]

Hey, you've upgraded from your old stand by Confusedlap:
:high5:
Going back to getting hosed by the person higher up on the food chain of construction then you, a couple highlights from and e-mail I just got.

Question. Is the frame or the grating flush with the concrete?
Answer. Assume so

WTF? Assume what? The frame or the grating?

Question (talking about a specific drawing). How long is the L4x4x1/4 that is located 1’-10” down from finished floor elevation 6’-0”?
Answer. Scaling off the drawings about 7’-3” or 6”.

WTF again? It's 7'-3" or 6"? Can you narrow it down a little better? Does this guy know how to use a scale? Oh, and we're asking so we don't have to scale things from a drawing, we need the actual length.

Half of the questions are answered with "I assume so", or "I guess so"
My buddy use to say "when you assume, you make an ass out of u and me" corny right? but it's true.

I get irritated because the engineers and archetects are held in much more high regaurd because they have degrees. Yet us dumb ass dirt bag framers are the ones finding, and having to correct their fuck ups. The one's that the GC doesn't pick up on either. You gotta sit there and go over the print with them for them to even see it. Giving blueprint reading lessons is not included in the framing price. Because you don't have a college degree you get looked at as second rate.

Thing i think is wrong is there's no licenceing for the carpentry trade unless your union. Plumbers have it, hvac guys have it, electricions. There's no standard to know who's good and who sucks in carpentry.
negadave Wrote:Thing i think is wrong is there's no licenceing for the carpentry trade unless your union. Plumbers have it, hvac guys have it, electricions. There's no standard to know who's good and who sucks in carpentry.
I know with alarm systems, It depends what state you're in. Here in Pa we don't need them but in Maryland it's required.
[Image: Pieman-1.jpg?t=1284932424][Image: Yuingling-1.jpg?t=1277772886][Image: 0628101537a-1.jpg?t=1277772720]