Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can you figure it out?
I was at a resteraunt with two buildings simaller (sp)? to the picture. There was about an 8 inch gap between them. I started wondering how they could build the second building. The first one is easy. They set up they're pipe staging and go. The second one is so close i couldn't figure out how you could fit in there to work. How did they do it?
[Image: f560cc9d.jpg]
Took me about 2 minutes of thinking about it to figure it out. Two people at our table couldn't guess. One kid figured it out.
The two buildings were built at the same time side-by-side. Each level of brick was added to each building at the same time.
I didn't think of doing it that way. That would work though.
It seemed so common sence to me when i thought of it, i felt dumb for being baffled for a few minutes.
I'd bet they just did it from the Inside of the other building instead of outside.
Or you build it from the inside. Provided that they were not built at the same time, in which case ^^.
[Image: cat.gif]
I'm a juggernaut of awesomeness
Egyptions built them.
Here is another brain buster (of sorts)...

Why are manhole covers alway round?
JDubb Wrote:Here is another brain buster (of sorts)...

Why are manhole covers alway round?

Because the holes they're covering are round. Duh.
negadave Wrote:I was at a resteraunt with two buildings simaller (sp)? to the picture. There was about an 8 inch gap between them. I started wondering how they could build the second building. The first one is easy. They set up they're pipe staging and go. The second one is so close i couldn't figure out how you could fit in there to work. How did they do it?

Took me about 2 minutes of thinking about it to figure it out. Two people at our table couldn't guess. One kid figured it out.

Here at work, I've drawn stuff that's a shit ton harder to put up then 2 brick walls 8" apart.
"Let the field figure it out" is our last resort for tricky things like that.
yeah, a round object wont fit through a round hole the same size, a square will fit through a square the same size.
[Image: cat.gif]
I'm a juggernaut of awesomeness
:whomo:
Chip Wrote:"Let the field figure it out" is our last resort for tricky things like that.
Confusedlap: Being in construction, people like you piss off people like me everyday.
Brian in NY Wrote:
Chip Wrote:"Let the field figure it out" is our last resort for tricky things like that.
Confusedlap: Being in construction, people like you piss off people like me everyday.

:roflmao: Sorry.
But, try dealing with architects.
This job I'm working on right now, the structural drawings hardly have any structural information. It's mostly foundation info. Wtf? And the info that is on the structural is revised and doesn't agree with the info on the architectural drawings which is also revised.
And we have to figure it all out. :killme:
:nothingtoadd:
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote::nothingtoadd:

Oh that's not true. You just added a little dose of :tater:
Brian in NY Wrote:
We're constantly having problems with blueprints. That's why i'm home today. We were gonnna start an addition but the print has some structural stuff that doesn't work. It's gotta go back to the engineer and get fixed before we can go.