Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
7-15-10 Looking Up I Noticed I Was Late!!!
Nussie_T Wrote:The contractor told us NOT to put hardwood in the kitchen because food and water get in between the cracks and can damage the wood... We didn't want to put hardwood in there anyway.
then your contractor is an idiot. my parents have had hardwood floors in thier house for years with no issues in the kitchen.
[Image: cat.gif]
I'm a juggernaut of awesomeness
Derick Wrote:
Nussie_T Wrote:The contractor told us NOT to put hardwood in the kitchen because food and water get in between the cracks and can damage the wood... We didn't want to put hardwood in there anyway.
then your contractor is an idiot. my parents have had hardwood floors in thier house for years with no issues in the kitchen.
I have hardwood floors in my place, those floors are probably 50 years old, and there is no warping etc from the water. If they were sanded and refinished, they would look brand new. your contractor = IDIOT
Derick Wrote:

He said you could put it in there but he recommends not too. Jim's grandma had THE most shinest red maple floor EVER and she had no issues with it either. We didn't want to put hardwood in the kitchen either. We had already decided on the tile.
also I should state that both my parents and me have real hardwood floors, not that snap together shit from the store
Derick Wrote:
Derick Wrote:
I have hardwood floors in my place, those floors are probably 50 years old, and there is no warping etc from the water. If they were sanded and refinished, they would look brand new. your contractor = IDIOT

I'm not going to argue with you on that one... He was hired in August of 2009 to do our house renos and it's almost a year later and he is just finishing... it was suppose to be done in 4 months.
Nussie_T Wrote:He said you could put it in there but he recommends not too.
maybe he needs to leave the 70's, hardwood floors in the kitchen are very common, and if he is unwilling to do it or suggest people dont do it, then either he doesnt want to do it, cant do it, or is loosing business because of it. but then again your in canada
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:
Iva13 Wrote:B you know how Taylor is w/sex....she admits she hates it...so she thought that would get me...I thought it was funny that's all she could come up with....so I just keep tormenting her.

I can't imagine you tormenting anyone! lol

I heard her say that again today.. She hates sex. Are you fucking kidding me?! I'll bet she's some sort of freaky deviant in bed and just doesn't want to admit it on national radio.
:atm: Confusedheepbagger: :atm:
Covino: "I am awesome because, I have a hate site and a fan site!"
Covino: "IF THIS IS CLOUT, RICH IS PINK ..KID KELLY IS BLUE :doggystyle"
Nussie_T Wrote:I'm not going to argue with you on that one... He was hired in August of 2009 to do our house renos and it's almost a year later and he is just finishing... it was suppose to be done in 4 months.

a YEAR to do a remodel, I could build a house by myself in less time
Derick Wrote:also I should state that both my parents and me have real hardwood floors, not that snap together shit from the store

We removed the floating laminate floor from our living room and installed real hardwood floor. It's an oak of sometime... dark brown in color. We did however put floating laminate floor in our basement - just in case there was a flood or something.
Derick Wrote:also I should state that both my parents and me have real hardwood floors, not that snap together shit from the store

Snap together shit sucks. It's good in a pinch though. The floors were nasty as hell in my house when I moved in and to save time and money I bought that stuff for a few rooms. $0.99 a sqft is tempting comared to $4.00 a sqft.
Derick Wrote:
Nussie_T Wrote:I'm not going to argue with you on that one... He was hired in August of 2009 to do our house renos and it's almost a year later and he is just finishing... it was suppose to be done in 4 months.

He is very good at what he does... it just takes him a really long time.
Derick Wrote:

Have you ever owned a home?
Before:
[Image: IMG_2283.jpg]
The dishwasher was a Christmas present from my husband... it's not hooked up... It just sat there...

After:
[Image: Kitchenalmostdone.jpg]
Well it's almost done... the granite countertops & back splash need to be installed, the kitchen sink needs to be installed, the under cabinet lighting hooked up and a good painting and it's done.
T that looks GREAT!!!....
Nussie_T Wrote:Before:
[Image: IMG_2283.jpg]
The dishwasher was a Christmas present from my husband... it's not hooked up... It just sat there...

After:
[Image: Kitchenalmostdone.jpg]
Well it's almost done... the granite countertops & back splash need to be installed, the kitchen sink needs to be installed, the under cabinet lighting hooked up and a good painting and it's done.
looks good :high5:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tuesday, 7/19/2016 ~ Late Beckster 1 469 07-20-2016, 08:56 AM
Last Post: LeNeve
  Wednesday 01/27/16 - I'm late. NussieT 1 222 01-27-2016, 11:04 AM
Last Post: NussieT
  Monday 10/22/2012.....starting late Brampton 113 720 10-24-2012, 07:34 AM
Last Post: DaveP
  Friday...July 15...Just Noticed Pete's Avatar has Crazy Eyes i bleed green 216 1,554 07-18-2011, 10:03 PM
Last Post: NussieT
  friday, feb 25 2011......WTF!!! its better late than never Brampton 321 1,274 02-28-2011, 12:22 AM
Last Post: DaveP