Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coney Island Albino Python White Lager (Brewed with Spices)
I got this in a single 1 pint 6 ounce bottle sold at the one grocery store allowed to sell beer. Nice label. The beer itself was decent. It was a bit to bitter in the aftertaste for me, what is that called? Hoppy?

Anyway, it's worth a shot at a single bottle, but don't get a case, unless you like beer with a bitter aftertaste, and I know some people do. Seriously, is that what Hoppy beer means?

[Image: shmaltz_albino.jpg]
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
I am not a huge fan of bitter tasting beer,(I didn't like Sam Adams)but that might be the best label I've ever seen on beer.I would buy 2 bottles just for that.One to drink and one for display.
Everything I say is not true and all things I claim to have done or do are just made up for argument sake!!
[Image: nph_loves_mondays.gif]
Yes, hoppy means bitter.
I thought hoppy meant it was full of hops?
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:I thought hoppy meant it was full of hops?
Well, yeah......hops makes beer bitter.
:roflmao:
The chick on the bottle is about to make out with the "albino python".
The label grosses me out, and for that I would never drink it.
The Coney Island beers are all labeled and patterned after members of the Coney Island freak show. Last year when Sarah and I went there, we stopped in and watched the show. Really entertaining for what it was.

As for the beer, that is actually a pretty good beer. To get over the major hops aftertaste, make it a little colder and you won't get the strong aftertaste. When it is just right on temp you'll really catch the fennel and the orange peel. Though not so much as a taste as much as noticing it on the first breath after you swallow.

Obviously lighter the beer the more it passes along the various flavors in it including hops (and yes, hops are added to make beer have aroma and bitterness).
---------------------------------
Pokes28 -- AKA David in Missouri

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I need a lager Joe 6 3,126 03-28-2011, 02:52 PM
Last Post: Joe
  Land Shark Lager LeNeve 9 3,406 02-09-2011, 06:58 PM
Last Post: Joe
  Monty Python's Holy Grail Ale Joe 4 1,703 01-18-2011, 10:53 PM
Last Post: i bleed green
  Sam Adams Winter Lager LeNeve 6 2,629 12-28-2010, 12:27 PM
Last Post: Pete Nice