Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Childhood Toys
tennis ball and a brick wall. I spent tons of time playing suicide during grade school recess. There was a few different names for it. Do you guys know what game i'm talking about?
negadave Wrote:tennis ball and a brick wall. I spent tons of time playing suicide during grade school recess. There was a few different names for it. Do you guys know what game i'm talking about?

It sounds familiar. Refresh my memory...
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
We were the Po people (Actually parents were frugal) so I had to hang with the kids who had the coolest toys. By the time I finally got the cool toy, it was out of style and no one would come to ME and play...

Gee Thanks now I need to see my therapist... Confusedad:
Listen to Theoneboard Radio
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.theoneboard.com/radio/player.htm">http://www.theoneboard.com/radio/player.htm</a><!-- m -->
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:
negadave Wrote:tennis ball and a brick wall. I spent tons of time playing suicide during grade school recess. There was a few different names for it. Do you guys know what game i'm talking about?

you got about 5-8 kids, you throw a tennis ball off the brick wall in back of the school or whatever
. You have to catch it off the bounce one handed. If you bobble it you gotta run up and touch the wall before anybody else grabs it and pegs you. There was some other rule i kinda forget but you had to stand with your hands against the wall and let somebody hit you with the ball if you messed up.

I'm kinda thinkin this might not be as common a game as i first thought. We used to play kill the carryer alot in grade school recess too. I don't think that stuff would fly now a days (poa)
negadave Wrote:
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:It sounds familiar. Refresh my memory...
you got about 5-8 kids, you throw a tennis ball off the brick wall in back of the school or whatever
. You have to catch it off the bounce one handed. If you bobble it you gotta run up and touch the wall before anybody else grabs it and pegs you. There was some other rule i kinda forget but you had to stand with your hands against the wall and let somebody hit you with the ball if you messed up.
We used to play that.
Brian in NY Wrote:
negadave Wrote:
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:It sounds familiar. Refresh my memory...
We used to play that.
We called that Red-Ass.......that game was great for people who could throw and catch
negadave Wrote:
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:

I'm kinda thinkin this might not be as common a game as i first thought. We used to play kill the carryer alot in grade school recess too. I don't think that stuff would fly now a days (poa)

We played that tennis ball game, called it something different though, I cant remember.
We played kill the carryer to, but called it "smear the queer"
LeNeve Wrote:We played kill the carryer to, but called it "smear the queer"
That's what we called it, I couldn't remember the name.
LeNeve Wrote:We played kill the carryer to, but called it "smear the queer"
Yeah, we had smear the queer too.
[Image: Pieman-1.jpg?t=1284932424][Image: Yuingling-1.jpg?t=1277772886][Image: 0628101537a-1.jpg?t=1277772720]
negadave Wrote:
beckster Wrote:

I think I did play that in early middle school or so... It may have been slightly different, but I remember having to tag the wall if I missed the ball
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!