Poll: Who owned the 1970's?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
1. Kiss
0%
0 0%
2. Queen
13.33%
2 13.33%
3. The Bee Gees
6.67%
1 6.67%
4. Led Zeppelin
66.67%
10 66.67%
5. Neil Diamond
0%
0 0%
6. Jethro Tull
0%
0 0%
7. Pink Floyd
0%
0 0%
8. Abba
0%
0 0%
9. Genesis
6.67%
1 6.67%
10. The Allmond Brothers
6.67%
1 6.67%
Total 15 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who owned the 1970's?
I heard that Zepplin wasn't really as popular back then as they became later on. Like alot of you guys i wasn't there. I just remember someone telling me that
People listened to Elvis and the Bee Gees. LZ was popular but certainly wasn't monster like they are thought of today.

Oh and for fuck's sake it is the ALLMAN brothers...the candy bar has almonds in it.
I hate to say it but Elton John belongs on that list before some of the others. How bout The EAGLES? their greatest Hits holds some record numbers.. Abba blows! 70's is the toughest pick..does that mean the best music or the worst?
-POKES WEARS SWOCKS!-

C & R Got FAAAAME! <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.covinoandrich.com">http://www.covinoandrich.com</a><!-- m -->
the keifer Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:I like one of those bands, the rest can suck it..........What about ZZ Top, they had killer album after killer album, why don't they ever get love?

Plus they are in the Rock and Roll hall of fame Wtf
ZZ Top was bigger than Jethro Tull and the Allmond BROTHERRRRRRS!!!!

In the 80's
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
Pete Nice Wrote:
the keifer Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:I like one of those bands, the rest can suck it..........What about ZZ Top, they had killer album after killer album, why don't they ever get love?

Plus they are in the Rock and Roll hall of fame Wtf
ZZ Top was bigger than Jethro Tull and the Allmond BROTHERRRRRRS!!!!

In the 80's
ZZ Tops best songs were in the early to mid 70's, and they had more hits in the 80's, thats some great durability
I would like to also add the Rolling Stones. Although they started in the 50's I would say they really owned the 70's. The band that will never die although most of the members look like walking death.
I would've added Alice Cooper... He was the reason I started listening to real rock. :rock:
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
JDubb Wrote:I would like to also add the Rolling Stones. Although they started in the 50's I would say they really owned the 70's. The band that will never die although most of the members look like walking death.
Yeah....the Stones were influenced by american blues, were around the same time as the Beatles, and are still around.......Plus their songs are waaaaaaaay better than the Beatles

Its like this:
Beatles songs makes people want the world to be peaceful and everyone pleasant
Stones songs make people want to party and Fuck.........

Nuff Said :high5:
Brampton Wrote:
JDubb Wrote:I would like to also add the Rolling Stones. Although they started in the 50's I would say they really owned the 70's. The band that will never die although most of the members look like walking death.
Yeah....the Stones were influenced by american blues, were around the same time as the Beatles, and are still around.......Plus their songs are waaaaaaaay better than the Beatles

Its like this:
Beatles songs makes people want the world to be peaceful and everyone pleasant
Stones songs make people want to party and Fuck.........

Nuff Said :high5:

I hate the Stones.
Paint It Black is their only song I like.
Screw 'em, it's time to retire.
It has to be said that the Stones are Legendary!!!!!!!!
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:It has to be said that the Stones are Legendary!!!!!!!!

That doesn't mean that they're good.
Aerosmith was big in the 70's but they spanned the following two decades too.
[Image: Pieman-1.jpg?t=1284932424][Image: Yuingling-1.jpg?t=1277772886][Image: 0628101537a-1.jpg?t=1277772720]

When I think of the Stones best days, I think 60's
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
Hey you peoples....it's a SURVEY...just pick from what is there...YOU cannot add or delete bands...just pick from what is THERE!!!!! Sorry I think i'm mean from my vertigo... :?
Iva13 Wrote:Hey you peoples....it's a SURVEY...just pick from what is there...YOU cannot add or delete bands...just pick from what is THERE!!!!! Sorry I think i'm mean from my vertigo... :?

Oh, vertigo, that reminds me of Video Vertigo by Rush.
I want to change my vote to Rush.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Did the boys get OWNED? Joe 11 3,903 02-13-2010, 12:17 AM
Last Post: i bleed green