Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Monday April 19, 2010.......Red rocket, Red rocket..monday
Pete Nice Wrote:I don't see the hardship and inconvenience with charcoal. You pile it up, throw on some lighter fluid, come back in 15 minutes, throw some more fluid on it, light it, come back in 15 minutes and cook much higher quality food than you would EVER get on a gas grill.

I turn mine on, and in 3 minutes its preheated and ready to cook, and complete control of the temperature. And don't have to piss with lighter fluid and adding charcoal all the time. Seems like an inconvenience to me
Pete Nice Wrote:
Derick Wrote:I've decided i need a new tool box, and I'm going to buy one

I think I do also come to think of it. I think I need a tall standing one though, then I can put most of the shit in there and my portable one will still be good. Those tall ones are fucking expensive though.
Yeah my portable is overflowing to the point of not getting the lid closed, plus I have tools in boxes. So ive decided to get the top chest of those tall ones. I think its 26" wide, by 12" long. 7 drawers, plus top compartment
[Image: cat.gif]
I'm a juggernaut of awesomeness
I am in Erie, PA today working surveillance. There have been some shady ass looking black dudes walking around with their heads on a swivel. I do not know how the cops don't pick up this shit and nail drug dealers easier. There are also two dudes on bikes that keep riding around, runners I would guess.
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
DaveP Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:I don't see the hardship and inconvenience with charcoal. You pile it up, throw on some lighter fluid, come back in 15 minutes, throw some more fluid on it, light it, come back in 15 minutes and cook much higher quality food than you would EVER get on a gas grill.

I turn mine on, and in 3 minutes its preheated and ready to cook, and complete control of the temperature. And don't have to piss with lighter fluid and adding charcoal all the time. Seems like an inconvenience to me

I guess that's fine if you like blander food.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
No lighter fluid for me
[Image: Cowboy_Hardwood_Charcoal.jpg] [Image: 490078.jpg]
Pour some vegetable oil on the charcoal and light in the chimney. It's hot and ready to cook in about 20 minutes.
Derick Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:

I think I do also come to think of it. I think I need a tall standing one though, then I can put most of the shit in there and my portable one will still be good. Those tall ones are fucking expensive though.
Yeah my portable is overflowing to the point of not getting the lid closed, plus I have tools in boxes. So ive decided to get the top chest of those tall ones. I think its 26" wide, by 12" long. 7 drawers, plus top compartment

How much does one of those run? That's what I need. I got shit all over in the basement storage room. I need to throw one of those on the work bench and call it a day.

Pete Nice Wrote:
DaveP Wrote:

I have never had much stuff grilled on charcoal, always had natural gas or propane.. maybe I don't know what I'm missing. Could be worth the hassle
Brian in NY Wrote:No lighter fluid for me
[Image: Cowboy_Hardwood_Charcoal.jpg] [Image: 490078.jpg]
Pour some vegetable oil on the charcoal and light in the chimney. It's hot and ready to cook in about 20 minutes.

I need a chimney. Looks like I have quiet a day ahead of me at Home Depot.....

Pete Nice Wrote:
Derick Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:

How much does one of those run? That's what I need. I got shit all over in the basement storage room. I need to throw one of those on the work bench and call it a day.
Craftsman from Sears, about 150. You can get more expensive ones, I havent figured out what the difference is. The one I'm looking at is 4480 cu in. That compared to my little portable tool box
[Image: cat.gif]
I'm a juggernaut of awesomeness
DaveP Wrote:Can you use those wood chips in a propane grill to get more flavor?
Yes, you need one of these:
[Image: t_50700%20-%20Smoker%20Boxlarge.jpg]
DaveP Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:
DaveP Wrote:

I have never had much stuff grilled on charcoal, always had natural gas or propane.. maybe I don't know what I'm missing. Could be worth the hassle

It is.

Brian in NY Wrote:

hmm, looks interesting.. where the hell do I put that? Just on top of the burners?
DaveP Wrote:
Brian in NY Wrote:

hmm, looks interesting.. where the hell do I put that? Just on top of the burners?
If you have room, you can put it right on the grill. If not, put it under the grill directly on the burner, but the wood chips will burn faster. You can do the same thing with foil. Just make a packet of wood chips with foil and poke some holes in it.
Derick Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:
Derick Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:I think I do also come to think of it. I think I need a tall standing one though, then I can put most of the shit in there and my portable one will still be good. Those tall ones are fucking expensive though.

Craftsman from Sears, about 150. You can get more expensive ones, I havent figured out what the difference is. The one I'm looking at is 4480 cu in. That compared to my little portable tool box

homedepot.com has a cheesy looking Waterloo red 4 drawer for $69.00 [Image: 57f76d21-21f4-4c00-a966-345d17f83ad0_400.jpg]

Then a rolling 5 drawer for $150 [Image: 6f78b33a-06e3-40d9-aeb3-566ecb648a6e_300.jpg]

Brian in NY Wrote:
DaveP Wrote:
Brian in NY Wrote:

If you have room, you can put it right on the grill. If not, put it under the grill directly on the burner, but the wood chips will burn faster. You can do the same thing with foil. Just make a packet of wood chips with foil and poke some holes in it.

Thanks, I will have to look around for one of those.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Monday, 04/10/18: Tuuuuuesday Chip 1 716 04-12-2018, 09:10 AM
Last Post: Beckster
  Monday, September 26, 2016 ~ Circus Beckster 17 1,993 09-26-2016, 04:49 PM
Last Post: LeNeve
  Monday 09/19/2016 - DBN NussieT 14 1,697 09-19-2016, 04:22 PM
Last Post: Chip
  Monday, August 22, 2016 ~ Batty Beckster 12 1,499 08-29-2016, 05:02 PM
Last Post: Chip
  Monday, August 29, 2016 ~ Go back to bed Beckster 12 1,479 08-29-2016, 03:36 PM
  Monday, August 1, 2016 ~ Two Thirds Beckster 21 2,485 08-01-2016, 04:19 PM
  Monday, July 25, 2016 ~ It's Mun-day Beckster 4 593 07-25-2016, 04:21 PM
  Monday, July 18, 2016 ~ Water-logged Beckster 4 495 07-18-2016, 04:08 PM
  Monday, July 11, 2016 ~ Free Pizza Beckster 9 878 07-11-2016, 03:24 PM
  Monday, June 27, 2016 ~ Paperclips Beckster 17 1,185 06-27-2016, 02:59 PM
Last Post: NussieT