Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IPAD
Just got one through work. Got to say I am very impressed. I would have liked it if it used Mac OS instead of Iphone OS. The lack of multitasking ability is a bit annoying, however, they may update that software soon.

It would have been great if the keyboard had tactile feedback, but overall the large keys are easy to use.

Video quality is amazing, however when streaming through a wifi network it did hang-up occasionally, but that may be the quality of the wifi network.

Overall it is truely impressive, however, I am not sure that I would have spent $499 on it.

Any questions, or things you guys want me to test out let me know.
we want some reviews. Not sure if your into the whole jailbreak scene but apparently the ipad has been jailbroken, what do you think will come from this?
[Image: cat.gif]
I'm a juggernaut of awesomeness
Yeah my iphone is jailbroken. Sadly I have to use my ipad for work, with clients, so that limits my ability to hack into it.

The hack helps get around the limits on running multiple apps that i mentioned before. Since it is not on the AT&T network i would imagine that there will be a lot more non-licensed apps available.

Off topic but using Iphone apps for the Ipad is a pain in the ass. When zooming in on the app to fill the screen the edges become blured taking away from the quality graphics which it should have. Unless apple comes up with an update to smooth out those edges every app is going to need an update to fit the ipads resolution.
Companies are already handing out that piece of shit to employees? What the hell function could that possibly serve, other than checking email. It is purely an entertainment device, at best.
DaveP Wrote:Companies are already handing out that piece of shit to employees? What the hell function could that possibly serve, other than checking email. It is purely an entertainment device, at best.

I work for a home integration company (home automation, home theater, ect). One of the products we sell is called Control 4 which allows you to control everything from one device. The idea is to use the ipad as your control center for the whole house. Control the lighting, change the song, change the channel. Raise or lower your curtains ect.

It also is useful for when i am in a client's home doing presentations. I can pull up product data, blueprints ect on the spot.
Jersey_Mike Wrote:
DaveP Wrote:Companies are already handing out that piece of shit to employees? What the hell function could that possibly serve, other than checking email. It is purely an entertainment device, at best.

I work for a home integration company (home automation, home theater, ect). One of the products we sell is called Control 4 which allows you to control everything from one device. The idea is to use the ipad as your control center for the whole house. Control the lighting, change the song, change the channel. Raise or lower your curtains ect.

It also is useful for when i am in a client's home doing presentations. I can pull up product data, blueprints ect on the spot.

That sounds like about the only reason I would want one. I am interested in playing with it, but I don't think it's something I want to run out and buy... Ever since the movie Hitch, I have wanted to set up the house so everything was on remote. I thought that would be so dope.
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
It's not a real computer? It's just a big iphone/itouch?

The tech nerd in me wants one, but if it's not a real PC, why bother? I would rather have an itouch.
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
Pete Nice Wrote:It's not a real computer? It's just a big iphone/itouch?

The tech nerd in me wants one, but if it's not a real PC, why bother? I would rather have an itouch.

Yeah, it's got the iPod Touch O.S., it's not a full computer. That's all it is, is a big iPod Touch.
And doesn't it start at $500?
Chip Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:It's not a real computer? It's just a big iphone/itouch?

Yeah, it's got the iPod Touch O.S., it's not a full computer. That's all it is, is a big iPod Touch.
And doesn't it start at $500?

They should have at least put the Mac OS on it. and some ability to do any kind of multitasking.
if it had mac os and usb ports, i'd buy one today
Derick Wrote:if it had mac os and usb ports, i'd buy one today

Because in that case, it would be somehing new. And not just a larger version of something thats already out.

Is it obvious that I think people who are popping boners over this thing are lame?
Chip Wrote:

Because in that case, it would be somehing new.
and something useful. I have an iphone, i dont need an ipad. However i would like a portable
Chip Wrote:

Because in that case, it would be somehing new. And not just a larger version of something thats already out.

Is it obvious that I think people who are popping boners over this thing are lame?

Just a tad ;-)
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
Chip Wrote:

Ehh I get a little nerd chubby at the potential that it represents.
Jersey_Mike Wrote:
Chip Wrote:

Ehh I get a little nerd chubby at the potential that it represents.

One of my friends does too, so I get to hear it all from him too. We give him shit for it too, it's all in fun.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cool iPad stuff BigFan 15 6,126 06-07-2010, 04:36 PM
Last Post: Pokes28