Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My iPad Unboxing
Pete Nice Wrote:How does it connect to the internet? Wifi? If there is no wifi in the area, can it still connect?

There is a wifi only version, and one that has both 3g and wifi. That means another monthly bill if you get the one with 3g.
I was chatting with Irish Ben on facebook last night and now I have this uncontrollable urge to move this thread to the technology section. I would move it to the Friend in Need section, but we don't have one.
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
Pete Nice Wrote:I was chatting with Irish Ben on facebook last night and now I have this uncontrollable urge to move this thread to the technology section. I would move it to the Friend in Need section, but we don't have one.

Uncontrollable Urge, good song.
Chip Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:I was chatting with Irish Ben on facebook last night and now I have this uncontrollable urge to move this thread to the technology section. I would move it to the Friend in Need section, but we don't have one.

Uncontrollable Urge, good song.

That song is the bane of my Rock Band playing. I have almost full combo-ed that song on the guitar about 6 times and have choked in the very last part of the song every time. It really pisses me off. :Flaming:
[Image: laylasig.jpg]

"My #1 Dudebro...Greg Mercer from Pittsburgh." - Covino
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.ustream.tv/channel/mercerboy">http://www.ustream.tv/channel/mercerboy</a><!-- m --> - My LIVE web stream!
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.mediafire.com/mercerboy">http://www.mediafire.com/mercerboy</a><!-- m --> - C&R recordings
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.twitter.com/mercerboy">http://www.twitter.com/mercerboy</a><!-- m --> - Follow me. My tweets are semi-sweet like Nestlé.
I saw on facebook today that they are releasing some Bouncing Souls next week on Rock Band :rock: :rock: :rock:
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
Pete Nice Wrote:How does it connect to the internet? Wifi? If there is no wifi in the area, can it still connect?
Yes I have the wifi version, there is also a 3G version being released this month but then that's another monthly fee. A way around this is to jailbreak the iPhone and download "mywi" it then turns your iPhone into a wifi hotspot (you can create a custom SSID and password). It will now send out a wifi signal via the iphone's 3G network. The iPad has a higher UL/DL speed when receiving this signal than the iPhones 3G has itself (pretty amazing)
[Image: 760eb00e.jpg]
[Image: mrmet-1.gif] [Image: 4abf8c1c-1-1.jpg]
BigFan Wrote:
Yes I have the wifi version, there is also a 3G version being released this month but then that's another monthly fee. A way around this is to jailbreak the iPhone and download "mywi" it then turns your iPhone into a wifi hotspot (you can create a custom SSID and password). It will now send out a wifi signal via the iphone's 3G network. The iPad has a higher UL/DL speed when receiving this signal than the iPhones 3G has itself (pretty amazing)
[Image: 760eb00e.jpg]

I think there's a way to do that WiFi tethering with Blackberries, and I'm pretty sure there's a way to do it with new Android phones (Yeah, I think you have to hack it). Or, with USB you can use that PDAnet app use your phone's internet on any computer.
PDAnet Rocks!!! :rock:
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
beckster Wrote:PDAnet Rocks!!! :rock:
Agreed! :high5: I've been using it for years. Just wish I had more use for it.
DaveP Wrote:

My desktop was put downstairs an I never got around to getting a router to hook it up to the net... Now I can actually get that pc caught up to the rest of the world. My trial just ended, so I am getting that pop up window. I need to decide if i want to get the router installed or purchase the full version. I do know that when I get a laptop, I plan on using PDAnet for my web access...
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
I HATE PIE!!
beckster Wrote:
DaveP Wrote:

My desktop was put downstairs an I never got around to getting a router to hook it up to the net... Now I can actually get that pc caught up to the rest of the world. My trial just ended, so I am getting that pop up window. I need to decide if i want to get the router installed or purchase the full version. I do know that when I get a laptop, I plan on using PDAnet for my web access...

I can give you the full version.. FOR FREEEEE!
DaveP Wrote:
beckster Wrote:
DaveP Wrote:

Er fuck. I have several versions for Windows Mobile. I'll check and see if the cracks work for BB as well.
DaveP Wrote:
beckster Wrote:
DaveP Wrote:

THAT would be swwwwweeeeeeeeet!!! If it cracks BB, anyway! :boobs: :boobs: :boobs:
I HATE PIE!!
beckster Wrote:THAT would be swwwwweeeeeeeeet!!! If it cracks BB, anyway! :boobs: :boobs: :boobs:

Sorry beckster, I can only find the full versions for Windows Mobile and Android. I over promised and under produced. Confusedwoot:
DaveP Wrote:
beckster Wrote:THAT would be swwwwweeeeeeeeet!!! If it cracks BB, anyway! :boobs: :boobs: :boobs:

Sorry beckster, I can only find the full versions for Windows Mobile and Android. I over promised and under produced. Confusedwoot:

Epic Fail, Bro! You owe me a Pepsi Throwback now! Big Grin
I HATE PIE!!