Poll: Rush VS AC DC
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Rush
37.50%
3 37.50%
AC DC
62.50%
5 62.50%
Total 8 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rock war poll 2 Rush Vs AC DC
Rock war # 2 Rush vs the challenger AC DC
Who ya picking and why?
This ought to be a better debate than the last war.
Listen to Theoneboard Radio
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.theoneboard.com/radio/player.htm">http://www.theoneboard.com/radio/player.htm</a><!-- m -->
This is a tough one but I am going with ACDC
They have stood the test of time, however, what does it for them is the transition when their original lead singer Bonn Scott died tragically and Brian Johnson took over almost flawlessly.
There hits are a harder edge and are acceptable in all genres of rock from pop to grunge.
Listen to Theoneboard Radio
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.theoneboard.com/radio/player.htm">http://www.theoneboard.com/radio/player.htm</a><!-- m -->
Hmmmmm..... I'm gonna have to think about this one.
[Image: Pieman-1.jpg?t=1284932424][Image: Yuingling-1.jpg?t=1277772886][Image: 0628101537a-1.jpg?t=1277772720]
the keifer Wrote:Hmmmmm..... I'm gonna have to think about this one.

I'm not. I like Rush.
But, AC/DC?
I love both of these bands.

the only debate here (for me) is the diversity of the music. Rush is extremely diverse, not every song sounds the same, and they are soooooo musically talented.
However, ACDC is fun, rockin out, getting drunk with my friends music. their songs always get me driving fast, putting a smile on my face.

AC/DC is my winner, and its a close one
Rush and AC/DC both really good bands and I have a lot albums from both. Never seen either live yet but if I had my pick, I would have to say AC/DC. So there you go. That's my vote.
[Image: Pieman-1.jpg?t=1284932424][Image: Yuingling-1.jpg?t=1277772886][Image: 0628101537a-1.jpg?t=1277772720]
I like both these bands about equally so I need to figure in other factors.

Her is why I am picking Rush:

1. Rush is FAR superior in actual musical talent. AC/DC was groundbreaking Rock, but the things Rush could do with their instruments, has still to be matched.

2. WAY more fun to play on Rock Band than AC/DC.

I have seen both in concert and both give a great show. But you can not beat the spinning floating 360 drums of Rush. Rush could just play their instruments MUCH better.
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
Pete Nice Wrote:I like both these bands about equally so I need to figure in other factors.

Her is why I am picking Rush:

1. Rush is FAR superior in actual musical talent. AC/DC was groundbreaking Rock, but the things Rush could do with their instruments, has still to be matched.

2. WAY more fun to play on Rock Band than AC/DC.

I have seen both in concert and both give a great show. But you can not beat the spinning floating 360 drums of Rush. Rush could just play their instruments MUCH better.
Peart is a drum god! :high5:
I have never really liked AC/DC, true it is rocking music, but to me it is stadium music. It is overplayed, and overhyped.

The way I judge a band, if they are on the memory of my Sirius starmate. AC/DC has never even been considered to be in the top 30, on my player. Rush however is. They are likely to get bumped off in the future, but for now they are in.

Side Note for me: I like that movie with the Trucks that kill everyone, and other machines that are evil, and I think AC/DC played most of the soundtrack for this.

I have never seen a movie with Rush having the majority of the soundtrack.

Usually when I listen to music, I'm sitting back chilaxing, and Rush is a great band to sit back and relax with.
LeNeve Wrote:I have never really liked AC/DC, true it is rocking music, but to me it is stadium music. It is overplayed, and overhyped.

The way I judge a band, if they are on the memory of my Sirius starmate. AC/DC has never even been considered to be in the top 30, on my player. Rush however is. They are likely to get bumped off in the future, but for now they are in.

Side Note for me: I like that movie with the Trucks that kill everyone, and other machines that are evil, and I think AC/DC played most of the soundtrack for this.

Usually when I listen to music, I'm sitting back chilaxing, and Rush is a great band to sit back and relax with.
In response.......I love you man, the important music is Rush. It helps develop the man relationship between the 2 main characters.........and not in a gay way
This is an easy one ACDC all the way. I love them and Rush still sucks.
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
Brampton Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:I have never really liked AC/DC, true it is rocking music, but to me it is stadium music. It is overplayed, and overhyped.

In response.......I love you man, the important music is Rush. It helps develop the man relationship between the 2 main characters.........and not in a gay way

ummm...... what dat mean?
LeNeve Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:

ummm...... what dat mean?
I should rephrase what I said.......The music helped the 2 main characters develop their bond as friends.........I just read what I wrote, were the characters in that movie really gay or what?

AC/DC all the way

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  90's rock one-hit-wonders JDubb 137 42,092 07-28-2012, 03:48 PM
Last Post: Beckster
  More New Rock Music Rydrum 3 1,986 09-25-2011, 01:05 PM
Last Post: Rydrum
  New Rock Music Rydrum 5 3,389 07-26-2011, 05:05 PM
Last Post: Rydrum
  Back to basic ROCK LeNeve 30 7,465 08-23-2010, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Chip
  Tool Vs Rush Pete Nice 19 6,007 03-30-2010, 10:50 AM