Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Back to basic ROCK
Ted Nugent, I grew up on this. My Dad used to let me drive if I could name the song playing on FM radio. I would say Led Zepplin, or Ted Nugent. Half the time I was right.

Ted Nugent dominates Led Zepplin to me.

Great White Buffalo

[youtube]O3J-XYnZHfU[/youtube]
Steely Dan.

Love this shit. Not sure how to classify these guys. I can chill with this music big time.

[youtube]nTDRd0Z0O4o[/youtube]

[youtube]Ck1N1I-LzWc[/youtube]
LeNeve Wrote:Steely Dan.
BOO!!!
Uncle Ted is one crazy dude.. I know people how have met him locally... They all say he's a really nice/cool guy.
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
Brian in NY Wrote:
BOO!!!

I never understood how Steely Dan became popular.
Joe In PA Wrote:
Brian in NY Wrote:
BOO!!!

I never understood how Steely Dan became popular.

Meth.
It's a hell of a drug.
Deadly Tedly is awesome.
I've seen him in concert a few times.

He's never done drugs, drank or killed anyone. Yet, for some reason, his Behind the Music on VH1 was the only one to ever have a dislaimer.
LeNeve Wrote:Ted Nugent, I grew up on this. My Dad used to let me drive if I could name the song playing on FM radio. I would say Led Zepplin, or Ted Nugent. Half the time I was right.

Ted Nugent dominates Led Zepplin to me.

Great White Buffalo

[youtube]O3J-XYnZHfU[/youtube]
I won't forget when I saw him open up for Kiss in 2000, he's like "This motown classic will even have the faggots eatin pussy" and starts playin Cat Scratch Fever.
[Image: Pieman-1.jpg?t=1284932424][Image: Yuingling-1.jpg?t=1277772886][Image: 0628101537a-1.jpg?t=1277772720]
Chip Wrote:Deadly Tedly is awesome.

He's never done drugs, drank or killed anyone. Yet, for some reason, his Behind the Music on VH1 was the only one to ever have a dislaimer.

Because Mtv is run by morons.
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
I HATE PIE!!
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:

Do you get Detroit's 102.7fm up there?
He used to own that channel, and did the morning show.
I used to listen to that every day.
Chip Wrote:

I've heard when driving through, but we don't get it here. Some stupid Pop music channel grabbed that signal.
I HATE PIE!!
Chip Wrote:

I've heard when driving through, but we don't get it here. Some stupid Pop music channel grabbed that signal.

I think he sold it in 2001. He didn't have it long, a few years at the most.
Chip Wrote:I think he sold it in 2001. He didn't have it long, a few years at the most.

He had it back in '97 didn't he? I think that's the year I found out about it.
I HATE PIE!!
Chip Wrote:I think he sold it in 2001. He didn't have it long, a few years at the most.

He had it back in '97 didn't he? I think that's the year I found out about it.

That sounds about right.
He got in some trouble when he called Danny Bonaduce's show (who also had a morning show here), so he was live on 2 stations and went nuts swearing.
I suppose wikipedia would have the exact dates.
I remember sitting in my truck, waiting to go into Blockbuster, listening to that doors song because I liked it. (I think it was a Saturday) I heard the static and figured it was some technical problems, and came out and it was still going.
It sucked, I loved that station.

102.7 The Bear
In November 1996, WDZR changed its calls to WWBR, "102.7 The Bear, Detroit's Rock Animal," keeping the hard-rock format but transitioning to a local air staff with Ted Nugent as morning personality. "The Bear" eventually evolved into a "Classic Rock That Really Rocks" outlet to compete with softer-edged classic-rock competitor WCSX.

The end of "The Bear" came on January 16, 1999, following the station's sale from Allur Detroit to Radio One. At 6:33 p.m., after playing The Doors' "When The Music's Over" (the same song that ended the legendary 99.5 WABX rock format in 1984), the station went silent for nearly 20 minutes and then emerged as an Adult Contemporary station.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  90's rock one-hit-wonders JDubb 137 42,092 07-28-2012, 03:48 PM
Last Post: Beckster
  More New Rock Music Rydrum 3 1,986 09-25-2011, 01:05 PM
Last Post: Rydrum
  New Rock Music Rydrum 5 3,389 07-26-2011, 05:05 PM
Last Post: Rydrum
  Rock war poll 2 Rush Vs AC DC mongo 12 4,836 04-08-2010, 08:57 PM
Last Post: Brampton
  Rock war poll mongo 3 1,850 03-29-2010, 10:11 AM
Last Post: LeNeve