Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roller Coaster... Woo Woo Hoo!!
Pete Nice Wrote:I LOVE heights. I love the feeling of euphoria, vertigo, adrenaline an fear from being really up high and possibly in danger.

I love roller coasters, but I do not love heights. For work when I'm walking around in automotive plants, up on the conveyors, looking down 20' - 30' through that wire mesh, my hands start sweating.
Chip Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:I LOVE heights. I love the feeling of euphoria, vertigo, adrenaline an fear from being really up high and possibly in danger.

I love roller coasters, but I do not love heights. For work when I'm walking around in automotive plants, up on the conveyors, looking down 20' - 30' through that wire mesh, my hands start sweating.

don't you get the feeling like you're going to just fall off??? that's what happens to me.
Iva13 Wrote:
Chip Wrote:

don't you get the feeling like you're going to just fall off??? that's what happens to me.

Yes, and saying this probably won't help.
But I bowl with a guy who is in a wheel chair because a weld broke on a catwalk. I mean, it happened to him a long time ago, and it was an old catwalk then, and it wasn't an automotive plant, it was just some little factory.
But yeah, I hate those things.
One time we were doing some work on the big post office sorting building for the Detroit area, and there were a few catwalks we had to get up onto, that suck horribly. And the ladders to get to them, ugh...
But what kind of work do you do Iva?
Chip Wrote:
Iva13 Wrote:
Chip Wrote:

Yes, and saying this probably won't help.
But I bowl with a guy who is in a wheel chair because a weld broke on a catwalk. I mean, it happened to him a long time ago, and it was an old catwalk then, and it wasn't an automotive plant, it was just some little factory.
But yeah, I hate those things.
One time we were doing some work on the big post office sorting building for the Detroit area, and there were a few catwalks we had to get up onto, that suck horribly. And the ladders to get to them, ugh...
But what kind of work do you do Iva?

I'm a legal secretary and bookkeeper....I became the bookkeeper when the one we had died....I knew Quick Books so I acquired her job too.....But I don't have to go to high places ;-)
I hate... absolutely HATE.. walking on docks and it doesn't matter it they are floating docks or planted. The movement of the water on either side throws me off and I feel like I am one step from falling in. I am a good swimmer and the water itself (unless it's nasty) doesn't bother me. Railings are wonderful things!! The catwalks here aren't too bad. I've almost slipped through a couple times, but the fall is only 8 ft or so. Sometimes the heights get to me, but not every time. And I STILL enjoy the rush of a Coaster.
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
beckster Wrote:I hate... absolutely HATE.. walking on docks and it doesn't matter it they are floating docks or planted. The movement of the water on either side throws me off and I feel like I am one step from falling in. I am a good swimmer and the water itself (unless it's nasty) doesn't bother me. Railings are wonderful things!! The catwalks here aren't too bad. I've almost slipped through a couple times, but the fall is only 8 ft or so. Sometimes the heights get to me, but not every time. And I STILL enjoy the rush of a Coaster.

I love walking on Docks also.
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
So who's going to start planning the DBN trip to Cedar Point? I've always wanted to go there.
Joe In PA Wrote:So who's going to start planning the DBN trip to Cedar Point? I've always wanted to go there.

Is this place driving distance from extreme south west Kansas?
LeNeve Wrote:
Joe In PA Wrote:So who's going to start planning the DBN trip to Cedar Point? I've always wanted to go there.

I don't know. It's in Ohio and no one ever goes there so the drive time is not documented.
Joe In PA Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:

I don't know. It's in Ohio and no one ever goes there so the drive time is not documented.
Based on my trip out west years ago it took 23hrs strait with two drivers switching off to go from Denver to Indianapolis driving on I70, so I would guess at least a day strait or two if you're driving by yourself.
[Image: Pieman-1.jpg?t=1284932424][Image: Yuingling-1.jpg?t=1277772886][Image: 0628101537a-1.jpg?t=1277772720]
LeNeve Wrote:

From Wichita to Sandusky, OH (where the Point is) is approx 15 1/2 hours
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
beckster Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:

That puts me at about 19 hours then probaly. Not to bad. I could do that in one shot.
LeNeve Wrote:
beckster Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:

That puts me at about 19 hours then probaly. Not to bad. I could do that in one shot.

With the price of gas these days, it would probably be cheaper to fly.
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
Weren't we supposed to go here?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/newsnet5/newsnet5_ts3608
Chip Wrote:Weren't we supposed to go here?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/newsnet5/newsnet5_ts3608

Yeah after Pete builds an addition on his house to make room for all of us to crash.