Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Friday Feb 26, 2010...I'm here to see a man about a horse
Derick Wrote:
Joe In PA Wrote:
Greg Mercer Wrote:
Derick Wrote:so since i have to buy a new guitar, rock band or guitar hero?

Definitely Rock Band 2. It's a better game engine and the library of songs is absolutely unmatchable (if you don't mind spending a lot of money on more songs that is). I have put well over $1K into that game.
So do you actually play a real guitar too?
i learned how to play the intro to bombtrack wasted one night, thats as far as my musical talents go

I was thinking of buying a guitar and trying to learn, but I'd hate to waste the money on something I may not like.
Joe In PA Wrote:
Derick Wrote:
Joe In PA Wrote:
Greg Mercer Wrote:Definitely Rock Band 2. It's a better game engine and the library of songs is absolutely unmatchable (if you don't mind spending a lot of money on more songs that is). I have put well over $1K into that game.
So do you actually play a real guitar too?
i learned how to play the intro to bombtrack wasted one night, thats as far as my musical talents go

I was thinking of buying a guitar and trying to learn, but I'd hate to waste the money on something I may not like.

Me too Joe, I would love to learn, but for me time is really the issue.

Next time you are visiting family in South Jersey, go the Best Buy at the Moorestown mall. They have a HUUUGE instrument section and have some very good prices on stuff. I would actually like to learn how to play bass.
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
Pete Nice aka P-Woww Wrote:Me too Joe, I would love to learn, but for me time is really the issue.

Next time you are visiting family in South Jersey, go the Best Buy at the Moorestown mall. They have a HUUUGE instrument section and have some very good prices on stuff. I would actually like to learn how to play bass.

I didn't know Best Buy carried instruments at all. The toughest part about buying them is not knowing what's good. I know a little bit about drums, but I don't really have the space to set up a set. It's obvious which guitars are great, but finding one thats good for a starter and isn't a total piece of shit is difficult.

I never played an instrument other than messing around with drums a few years ago so I'm not really sure how capable I am to learning.
Joe In PA Wrote:
Pete Nice aka P-Woww Wrote:Me too Joe, I would love to learn, but for me time is really the issue.

I didn't know Best Buy carried instruments at all. The toughest part about buying them is not knowing what's good. I know a little bit about drums, but I don't really have the space to set up a set. It's obvious which guitars are great, but finding one thats good for a starter and isn't a total piece of shit is difficult.

I never played an instrument other than messing around with drums a few years ago so I'm not really sure how capable I am to learning.

It's not all Best Buy's just that one. They have staff there to help also. Check it out.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
Pete Nice aka P-Woww Wrote:
Joe In PA Wrote:

It's not all Best Buy's just that one. They have staff there to help also. Check it out.

I went to a music store in Mechanicsburg and was asking questions there a while back. Thise guys were kinda music snobs. Any guitar under $600 was trash to them. There's a store in Hanover that I might check out.
I was thinking about looking into an Epiphone Les Paul. It's a cheaper version of a Gibson that sells for like $600. Hopefully I'd be able to pick up a used one for a few hundred less. [Image: epiphone-les-paul-custom.jpg]
[youtube]BXf8oJq049w[/youtube]
Joe In PA Wrote:I went to a music store in Mechanicsburg and was asking questions there a while back. Thise guys were kinda music snobs. Any guitar under $600 was trash to them. There's a store in Hanover that I might check out.
I was thinking about looking into an Epiphone Les Paul. It's a cheaper version of a Gibson that sells for like $600. Hopefully I'd be able to pick up a used one for a few hundred less.

To answer your question from before, I do have a real guitar, but I am not very good. I can play basic chords and songs but it doesn't sound good at all.

I own the exact same guitar you referenced except in a left handed version. I've been trying to learn more over the past 2 months or so but it's slow going.

[Image: mercerguitar.jpg]
[Image: laylasig.jpg]

"My #1 Dudebro...Greg Mercer from Pittsburgh." - Covino
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.ustream.tv/channel/mercerboy">http://www.ustream.tv/channel/mercerboy</a><!-- m --> - My LIVE web stream!
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.mediafire.com/mercerboy">http://www.mediafire.com/mercerboy</a><!-- m --> - C&R recordings
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.twitter.com/mercerboy">http://www.twitter.com/mercerboy</a><!-- m --> - Follow me. My tweets are semi-sweet like Nestlé.
Greg Mercer Wrote:
Joe In PA Wrote:I went to a music store in Mechanicsburg and was asking questions there a while back. Thise guys were kinda music snobs. Any guitar under $600 was trash to them. There's a store in Hanover that I might check out.
I was thinking about looking into an Epiphone Les Paul. It's a cheaper version of a Gibson that sells for like $600. Hopefully I'd be able to pick up a used one for a few hundred less.

To answer your question from before, I do have a real guitar, but I am not very good. I can play basic chords and songs but it doesn't sound good at all.

I own the exact same guitar you referenced except in a left handed version. I've been trying to learn more over the past 2 months or so but it's slow going.

[Image: mercerguitar.jpg]
It takes a long time to get good. Keep on working at it.
Joe In PA Wrote:I never played an instrument other than messing around with drums a few years ago so I'm not really sure how capable I am to learning.
Everyone can learn how to play an instrument. It takes a lot of time, patience and practise. I can play 6 different instruments really well and own about 5 however guitar isn't one of them but to be honest I've never tried either. I told my husband I wanted an electric guitar for my birthday. We'll see...
If you are really skeptical about buying a guitar and "wasting the money" then check your local music store to see if you can rent one. I don't know if there are any places in the states that do that but I know the music store in Winnipeg does.
Nussie_T Wrote:
Joe In PA Wrote:I never played an instrument other than messing around with drums a few years ago so I'm not really sure how capable I am to learning.
Everyone can learn how to play an instrument. It takes a lot of time, patience and practise. I can play 6 different instruments really well and own about 5 however guitar isn't one of them but to be honest I've never tried either. I told my husband I wanted an electric guitar for my birthday. We'll see...
If you are really skeptical about buying a guitar and "wasting the money" then check your local music store to see if you can rent one. I don't know if there are any places in the states that do that but I know the music store in Winnipeg does.

[Image: one_man_band-aeroclube-stage.jpg]
LeNeve Wrote:
Nussie_T Wrote:

[Image: one_man_band-aeroclube-stage.jpg]
:roflmao: :roflmao:
that looks like Eddie your DJ
:roflmao:
Nussie_T Wrote:

What instruments do you play?

And the skin flute does not count.

Pete Nice aka P-Woww Wrote:
Nussie_T Wrote:

What instruments do you play?

And the skin flute does not count.

I play the piano, clarinet, saxophone, flute (no I've never gone to band camp and NO I've never stuck it up my pussy), trumpet and the violin. The only instrument I don't own is the trumpet.
[Image: tD9uM.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Friday, December 4, 2015 ~ RIP Scott Weiland Beckster 7 191 07-17-2021, 05:20 AM
Last Post: Nortoncomsetup
  Friday 12/11/15 - I hate my neighbour NussieT 15 173 07-17-2021, 05:12 AM
Last Post: Nortoncomsetup
  Thursday, Sept 29 / Friday, Sept 30, 2016 Beckster 2 643 09-29-2016, 03:55 PM
Last Post: Beckster
  Friday, September 23, 2016 Beckster 16 2,604 09-23-2016, 03:17 PM
  Thursday, September 22, 2016 ~ Friday Eve Beckster 0 497 09-22-2016, 08:50 AM
  Friday, September 16, 2016 ~ Nessie Beckster 0 502 09-16-2016, 09:29 AM
  Friday, September 9, 2016 ~ TGIF Beckster 2 463 09-09-2016, 02:14 PM
  Friday, August 26, 2016 ~ Chilly Friday Morning Beckster 1 467 08-26-2016, 02:41 PM
  Friday, August 19,2016 ~ Back to the Bricks Beckster 0 381 08-19-2016, 09:18 AM
  Friday, August 12, 2016 ~Floppy Fish Beckster 26 3,195 08-12-2016, 03:53 PM
Last Post: Chip