Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2/22 Monday... What should we talk about
michaelangelo Wrote:For a guy that only watches it every 4 years, you have a good understanding of the game. Sweeping will actually cause the rock to curl less, not more but good analysis, I should try watching the NBC coverage of the olympics, but I don't always like the American view of things ;-)

Thanks...and thanks for letting me know about the effect of the sweeping also! I know it's on in Canada like every week; I would watch from time to time if I could. I think the analysts that NBC has know what they are talking about. Fred Roggin is awful, though...he talks about random stuff during the match and does some interviews. His hair is a total mess; it looks like he's doing a telethon or something.
[Image: laylasig.jpg]

"My #1 Dudebro...Greg Mercer from Pittsburgh." - Covino
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.ustream.tv/channel/mercerboy">http://www.ustream.tv/channel/mercerboy</a><!-- m --> - My LIVE web stream!
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.mediafire.com/mercerboy">http://www.mediafire.com/mercerboy</a><!-- m --> - C&R recordings
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.twitter.com/mercerboy">http://www.twitter.com/mercerboy</a><!-- m --> - Follow me. My tweets are semi-sweet like Nestlé.
Greg Mercer Wrote:
michaelangelo Wrote:For a guy that only watches it every 4 years, you have a good understanding of the game. Sweeping will actually cause the rock to curl less, not more but good analysis, I should try watching the NBC coverage of the olympics, but I don't always like the American view of things ;-)

Thanks...and thanks for letting me know about the effect of the sweeping also! I know it's on in Canada like every week; I would watch from time to time if I could. I think the analysts that NBC has know what they are talking about. Fred Roggin is awful, though...he talks about random stuff during the match and does some interviews. His hair is a total mess; it looks like he's doing a telethon or something.
Theres 2 types of people in this world.
1 - Normal
2 - People who watch curling on tv. These are the same people who took the short bus to school

Curling is on TV all the time and sucks. Its not a good as watching grass grow though!
Lunchtime :cya:
Brampton Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:I like Ice dancing. I'm pretty :fag: .

I also like that movie "The Cutting Edge". good movie.
Brampton Wrote:Theres 2 types of people in this world.
1 - Normal
2 - People who watch curling on tv. These are the same people who took the short bus to school

Curling is on TV all the time and sucks. Its not a good as watching grass grow though!
If I had to choose though, I would pick curling over Spot Center any day.
i curl once a year in the Bezanson Classic Bonspiel, so I'm not good at all but I have to at least know the rules. I watch curling in the backround if there's nothing else on.
What up mo suckas?
[Image: Pieman-1.jpg?t=1284932424][Image: Yuingling-1.jpg?t=1277772886][Image: 0628101537a-1.jpg?t=1277772720]
LeNeve Wrote:I remember years ago how important the olympics were. Americansa are to absorbed in themselves to even care about it now. It used to be such a huge deal. My family would get together and everyone would watch.

I remember that... It's all we'd watch. I actually believed that was the only thing on tv back then.
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
Brian in NY Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:Theres 2 types of people in this world.
1 - Normal

If I had to choose though, I would pick curling over Spot Center any day.

Not to mention that Curling is actually hard to do...they showed a demonstration w/someone who was just starting out and it looks easier than it really is.
beckster Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:I remember years ago how important the olympics were. Americansa are to absorbed in themselves to even care about it now. It used to be such a huge deal. My family would get together and everyone would watch.

I remember that... It's all we'd watch. I actually believed that was the only thing on tv back then.

Yeah, that might have been the main reason.
busy busy busy.

I'm here now, gonna get caught up
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
Hello DBN! Did everyone have a good weekend?
Brampton Wrote:Good morning everyone.

So how bout that game last night. Once again Canada is gonna lose cause they cant choose the right goalie.
And how bout Ryan Miller. There is a reason he's my fav. goalie!

Who si the right goalie? Loungo? Fluery?

I don't know if the loss was so much the goalie as the pathetic defense Canada played. Pronger was TERR-I-FUCKING-BLE. That guy is straight garbage.
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
C&R for lunchbreak.
[Image: Pieman-1.jpg?t=1284932424][Image: Yuingling-1.jpg?t=1277772886][Image: 0628101537a-1.jpg?t=1277772720]
did anyone catch Shawn White's performance last week? mammoth

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Monday, 04/10/18: Tuuuuuesday Chip 1 716 04-12-2018, 09:10 AM
Last Post: Beckster
  Monday, September 26, 2016 ~ Circus Beckster 17 1,993 09-26-2016, 04:49 PM
Last Post: LeNeve
  Monday 09/19/2016 - DBN NussieT 14 1,697 09-19-2016, 04:22 PM
Last Post: Chip
  Monday, August 22, 2016 ~ Batty Beckster 12 1,499 08-29-2016, 05:02 PM
Last Post: Chip
  Monday, August 29, 2016 ~ Go back to bed Beckster 12 1,479 08-29-2016, 03:36 PM
  Monday, August 1, 2016 ~ Two Thirds Beckster 21 2,485 08-01-2016, 04:19 PM
  Monday, July 25, 2016 ~ It's Mun-day Beckster 4 593 07-25-2016, 04:21 PM
  Monday, July 18, 2016 ~ Water-logged Beckster 4 495 07-18-2016, 04:08 PM
  Monday, July 11, 2016 ~ Free Pizza Beckster 9 878 07-11-2016, 03:24 PM
  Monday, June 27, 2016 ~ Paperclips Beckster 17 1,185 06-27-2016, 02:59 PM
Last Post: NussieT