Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Monday February 8, 2010 - The Ain'ts won the Super Bowl
beckster Wrote:
Chip Wrote:
beckster Wrote:Yeah, I know. Too many people I know have worked for the original Big 3. And watching Flint, Saginaw and Detroit fall apart has been crazy. I have an empty GM plant right across the river and the houses around it are people living in poverty, because the jobs left and nothing new comes in.

But it's ok, because buying an import is the trendy thing to do.

Then we wonder why the economy fell apart and why Michigan has been in a recession for the past 10 years. Not to say that these guys are without fault. Unions got greedy and fucked things and over nobody really stood up to them.

It would have been nice if someone had said if a company wants to sell cars in this country, a certain number of them had to be union made.
Chip Wrote:
beckster Wrote:
Chip Wrote:
beckster Wrote:Yeah, I know. Too many people I know have worked for the original Big 3. And watching Flint, Saginaw and Detroit fall apart has been crazy. I have an empty GM plant right across the river and the houses around it are people living in poverty, because the jobs left and nothing new comes in.

But it's ok, because buying an import is the trendy thing to do.

Then we wonder why the economy fell apart and why Michigan has been in a recession for the past 10 years. Not to say that these guys are without fault. Unions got greedy and fucked things and over nobody really stood up to them.

It would have been nice if someone had said if a company wants to sell cars in this country, a certain number of them had to be union made.

Something... Too many politicians had their greedy hands involved in this stuff.
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
beckster Wrote:Something... Too many politicians had their greedy hands involved in this stuff.

Everything sucks.
Derick Wrote:
Nussie_T Wrote:One day in the future I should send you a box of Nesquik cereal... and no I am not like Pete and I won't overhype and underproduce.
you might want to send 2

PM me your address and I will one day soon.
Brian in NY Wrote:Ellis is right though, there are way too many commercials.

Commercials = MORE PEOPLE LISTENING!
-POKES WEARS SWOCKS!-

C & R Got FAAAAME! <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.covinoandrich.com">http://www.covinoandrich.com</a><!-- m -->
Covino Wrote:

Sirius has bills to pay, I know that. I'd rather listen to you guys with too many commercials, than Ellis with no commercials, nam sayin'.
Covino Wrote:

i dont follow that logic. If i wanted to hear commercials I'd go back to terrestrial radio. Since this is a paid service, the more people listening = the more money they bring in = less need for commercials
[Image: cat.gif]
I'm a juggernaut of awesomeness
Derick Wrote:
Covino Wrote:

i dont follow that logic. If i wanted to hear commercials I'd go back to terrestrial radio. Since this is a paid service, the more people listening = the more money they bring in = less need for commercials
The problem is there are probably enough people listening to pay C&R, but not enough people listening to pay for Oprah & Martha.
Covino Wrote:

Commercials = Oprahs/Martha's inflated paychecks

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Monday, 04/10/18: Tuuuuuesday Chip 1 716 04-12-2018, 09:10 AM
Last Post: Beckster
  Monday, September 26, 2016 ~ Circus Beckster 17 1,993 09-26-2016, 04:49 PM
Last Post: LeNeve
  Monday 09/19/2016 - DBN NussieT 14 1,697 09-19-2016, 04:22 PM
Last Post: Chip
  Monday, August 22, 2016 ~ Batty Beckster 12 1,499 08-29-2016, 05:02 PM
Last Post: Chip
  Monday, August 29, 2016 ~ Go back to bed Beckster 12 1,479 08-29-2016, 03:36 PM
  Monday, August 1, 2016 ~ Two Thirds Beckster 21 2,485 08-01-2016, 04:19 PM
  Monday, July 25, 2016 ~ It's Mun-day Beckster 4 593 07-25-2016, 04:21 PM
  Monday, July 18, 2016 ~ Water-logged Beckster 4 495 07-18-2016, 04:08 PM
  Monday, July 11, 2016 ~ Free Pizza Beckster 9 878 07-11-2016, 03:24 PM
  Monday, June 27, 2016 ~ Paperclips Beckster 17 1,185 06-27-2016, 02:59 PM
Last Post: NussieT