Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1/26 Its a tuuuuueesday
AirHej Wrote:
edoblin Wrote:They recently eliminated football at my alma mater. I don't think this is that uncommon right now. Basically, if the sport is costing the school more money than it's bringing in... it's gone. It doesn't seem to matter how many professional athletes are produced at the school... I went to Hofstra so they recently produced Colston, Willie Colon and others. It's all about the cash money.

How could you forget to list Hofstra's most famous alum?

[Image: display_image.jpg]

Yeah I was going for more recent alum.. But he's prob the most famous... maybe besides Francis Ford Coppola.
pete swooted me out
[Image: cat.gif]
I'm a juggernaut of awesomeness
Pete Nice aka P-Woww Wrote:I am absolutely fucking furious today.

Duquesne University is discontinuing it's baseball program. Also men's golf, men's swimming and wrestling. They say it will save them 1 mill a year.

I spent 5 years on that baseball team and it was some of the best times of my life.

Here are my issues:

1. There are currently 1 major leaguer and many minor leaguers from Duquesne. There is a rich baseball tradition. Why shut THAT team down, the only other sports to produce professional athletes are football, basketball and womens basketball. The only other sport to produce more professional athletes is men's basketball.

2. There are really 5 major sports in America. Football, Baseball, basketball, hockey and soccer. Duquesne now will only have 4 and hockey is a club sport, so really only 3.

3. They only eliminated men's sports.

4. They just built a state of the art baseball facility 10 years ago and just updated it last year. Now what the hell are they going to do with it? The fact that it is one mile from campus and also one mile from my house sucks.

I am pissed.

Same old Duquesne, as the saying goes amongst alumni, management and administration fuck everything up.

I am going to have to take valuable time to write letters and send emails. Looks like the AD and I are going to have ANOTHER talk next basketball game. My friends and I are some of the most active, well known and notorious alumni, we may need to raise quiet a stink.

:rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :riot: :riot: :riot: :riot: :rant: :rant: :rant: :Flaming: :Flaming: :Flaming: :Flaming:

Okay that sucks a few years ago Miami (OH) did a lot of the same thing, luckily they didn't cut a major sport like Baseball. I am sure somehow this had a Title IX background along with monetary. Maybe they will be able to raise enough to keep the program around, because that is just going to suck for anyone on scholariship that actually wants to be there for both school and sports.
AirHej Wrote:
edoblin Wrote:They recently eliminated football at my alma mater. I don't think this is that uncommon right now. Basically, if the sport is costing the school more money than it's bringing in... it's gone. It doesn't seem to matter how many professional athletes are produced at the school... I went to Hofstra so they recently produced Colston, Willie Colon and others. It's all about the cash money.

How could you forget to list Hofstra's most famous alum?

[Image: display_image.jpg]

Oh Wayne Cherbet you helped my fantasy teams out so much over the years.
Oh and just like everyone else I would like to wish Happy Birthday to Layla.
jotaka20 Wrote:Oh Wayne Cherbet you helped my fantasy teams out so much over the years.

Haha, +1.

What's up Jotaka!
"If it wasn't for his jerky, he(Jerkoff Man) wouldn't be my friend." - Rich Davis

"Considering you(C&R) call everyone legend, that label doesn't mean a damn thing." - Sami J

Davis' October Dudebro #14
jotaka20 Wrote:Oh Wayne Cherbet you helped my fantasy teams out so much over the years.

I perfer lacy

[Image: 32_lacey_chabert_2975.jpg]
Derick The Solution Wrote:pete swooted me out

tell me about it. what an ass pirate.
[Image: Ass_Pirate.jpg]
Derick The Solution Wrote:I went to bed at 9:30 last night, i dont understand why i was so tired

Good morning everyone!

I did that too... Made dinner, cleaned up the kitchen, and sat on the couch and blacked out for about a half hour. Good news is that I feel much better than yesterday. I love this Airborne stuff!

Happy Birthday to Layla!!!
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
jotaka20 Wrote:

Duquesne University is discontinuing it's baseball program. Also men's golf, men's swimming and wrestling. They say it will save them 1 mill a year.

I spent 5 years on that baseball team and it was some of the best times of my life.

Here are my issues:

1. There are currently 1 major leaguer and many minor leaguers from Duquesne. There is a rich baseball tradition. Why shut THAT team down, the only other sports to produce professional athletes are football, basketball and womens basketball. The only other sport to produce more professional athletes is men's basketball.

2. There are really 5 major sports in America. Football, Baseball, basketball, hockey and soccer. Duquesne now will only have 4 and hockey is a club sport, so really only 3.

4. They just built a state of the art baseball facility 10 years ago and just updated it last year. Now what the hell are they going to do with it? The fact that it is one mile from campus and also one mile from my house sucks.

I am pissed.

Same old Duquesne, as the saying goes amongst alumni, management and administration fuck everything up.

I am going to have to take valuable time to write letters and send emails. Looks like the AD and I are going to have ANOTHER talk next basketball game. My friends and I are some of the most active, well known and notorious alumni, we may need to raise quiet a stink.

:rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :riot: :riot: :riot: :riot: :rant: :rant: :rant: :Flaming: :Flaming: :Flaming: :Flaming:

Okay that sucks a few years ago Miami (OH) did a lot of the same thing, luckily they didn't cut a major sport like Baseball. I am sure somehow this had a Title IX background along with monetary. Maybe they will be able to raise enough to keep the program around, because that is just going to suck for anyone on scholariship that actually wants to be there for both school and sports.

You know what's crazy, I just went to the website, there are now two more women's sports than men's. Stupid Title IX and Prop 48!!!
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
Pete Nice aka P-Woww Wrote:
jotaka20 Wrote:

Here are my issues:

I am pissed.

You know what's crazy, I just went to the website, there are now two more women's sports than men's. Stupid Title IX and Prop 48!!!

stupid women
is sandwich bringing a sport, they seem to excel at that
In grade 9, I was on the JV volleyball and baseball team and there was so much drama between the girls that I finished the season and never tried out again.
Derick The Solution Wrote:is sandwich bringing a sport, they seem to excel at that

Confusedlap:
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!