Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
new toy
brampton Wrote:I'm just wondering......why do I want to run multiple apps on my phone?

Thats what a computer is for
Exactly, I've never felt the need to do that, plus a lot of apps that you would want to run simultaneously now have push notification anyway.
Brian in NY Wrote:
brampton Wrote:I'm just wondering......why do I want to run multiple apps on my phone?

Exactly, I've never felt the need to do that, plus a lot of apps that you would want to run simultaneously now have push notification anyway.

it would be nice to have the sirius app that could run in the backround while using another app
michaelangelo Wrote:
Brian in NY Wrote:

it would be nice to have the sirius app that could run in the backround while using another app

perfect example. Do you have computer with you all the time?

What if you are at the bar all day Sunday with the guys drinking beer and want to keep up with 6 faatasy football teams on 4 different platforms. That is at least 3 apps right there and you still are not able to check your email or messenger.

If you ever got a BB or the phone Hondo is talking about you would understand. Everyone I know who had a BB and then got an iphone, returned the iphone withing a month and got another BB.
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
Also the fact that you have to "hack" the iphone, voiding the warrenty, just to get it to do the things BB already does is stupider than ice. Yes I said stupider.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
Pete Nice Wrote:What if you are at the bar all day Sunday with the guys drinking beer and want to keep up with 6 faatasy football teams on 4 different platforms. That is at least 3 apps right there and you still are not able to check your email or messenger.

If you ever got a BB or the phone Hondo is talking about you would understand. Everyone I know who had a BB and then got an iphone, returned the iphone withing a month and got another BB.
So why wouldn't you be able to check your mail? Close the app and read your mail or messenger, not too big of a problem. Starting an app isn't like booting up a nuclear reactor, just touch the screen and 2 seconds later the app is running. It's really not that big of a deal.

I've used a BB. I'm not switching anytime soon.
Sooo, how are the Iphones for texting? All I hear is El Suck-O on that...
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
beckster Wrote:Sooo, how are the Iphones for texting? All I hear is El Suck-O on that...
i can text just fine, its a smart keyboard with spell check, just mash on the screen :duh:
[Image: cat.gif]
I'm a juggernaut of awesomeness
Brian in NY Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:What if you are at the bar all day Sunday with the guys drinking beer and want to keep up with 6 faatasy football teams on 4 different platforms. That is at least 3 apps right there and you still are not able to check your email or messenger.

So why wouldn't you be able to check your mail? Close the app and read your mail or messenger, not too big of a problem. Starting an app isn't like booting up a nuclear reactor, just touch the screen and 2 seconds later the app is running. It's really not that big of a deal.

I've used a BB. I'm not switching anytime soon.

Not functional for business users.

beckster Wrote:Sooo, how are the Iphones for texting? All I hear is El Suck-O on that...
You can't blame the iphone for you inability to spell and use correct grammar :poke:
Brian in NY Wrote:
You can't blame the iphone for you inability to spell and use correct grammar :poke:

I wasn't even talking about grammar/spelling. Touch screen phones seem to be a pain when it comes to texting.
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
I HATE PIE!!
Pete Nice Wrote:Not functional for business users.

beckster Wrote:I wasn't even talking about grammar/spelling. Touch screen phones seem to be a pain when it comes to texting.

I'm going to take a Covino-like stance on this argument......YOU'RE WRONG, YOU'RE WRONG, YOU'RE WRONG, and I'm right.

Arguing is fun Big Grin
Brian in NY Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:Not functional for business users.

beckster Wrote:I wasn't even talking about grammar/spelling. Touch screen phones seem to be a pain when it comes to texting.

I'm going to take a Covino-like stance on this argument......YOU'RE WRONG, YOU'RE WRONG, YOU'RE WRONG, and I'm right.

Arguing is fun Big Grin

Yes, it is and you are WRONG! :roflmao:
I HATE PIE!!
this is obviously never gonna be solved. But i think we all agree for the business minded individual the blackberry is better, but for the rest of the peoples, iphone is where its at
Via Cydia:
irealsms3
action menu
adblock
appbackup
backgrounder
baseball player slider
cydelete
cycontact
desktop/sms background
erica utilities
5 icon dock
live clock
lockscreen dim delay
makeitmine
sbsettings
nocamsound
notifier widget
pdanet
pkgbackup
privacy
proswitcher
quickscrolll 2
silent mail sound
smsnotify
snaptap
touch keyboard sound
transparent dock
volume boost
weathericon
winterboard
xpandr
yourtube
3G Unrestrictor
60 second lock screen
[Image: mrmet-1.gif] [Image: 4abf8c1c-1-1.jpg]
i second most of those, the others I dont run. Although I think I am gonna look up 3g unrestrictor