Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
new toy
i picked myself up a new iphone 3gs and immediatly hacked the shit out of it. I love this thing
[Image: cat.gif]
I'm a juggernaut of awesomeness
:rock:
so far I'm managed to put live weather on the lock screen, and also something called intellescreen, which allows you to do a number of things, such as text within any app without having to close the app
Still doesn't make up for the fact that the battery sucks monkey balls, you can not run simultaneous apps and there is no real time email server that does not drain your battery in 2 hours time.
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
Pete Nice Wrote:Still doesn't make up for the fact that the battery sucks monkey balls, you can not run simultaneous apps and there is no real time email server that does not drain your battery in 2 hours time.
you CAN run simultaneous apps, theres a hack for that
Derick Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:Still doesn't make up for the fact that the battery sucks monkey balls, you can not run simultaneous apps and there is no real time email server that does not drain your battery in 2 hours time.

The fact that you have to hack it to be able to run multiple programs is retarded..
Changing the settings to fetch e-mail every hour fixes that. Do you really need to know if you have an e-mail in your in-box as soon as it's received?
Brian in NY Wrote:
Changing the settings to fetch e-mail every hour fixes that. Do you really need to know if you have an e-mail in your in-box as soon as it's received?
Only when you get butt hurt that you don't know your friends facebook updates immediately! :poke:
Screenshots of my iphone. On the home screen you see live weather image, along with the green dot with indicates battery, dot will change from green, to yellow, to red. Also along the status bar on the right is the current temp. I had it displayed under the weather image but didnt like it there. As you can see the background and all of the icons have been changed, the clock icon actually moves with the correct time (if i turn it on) Also you notice that there are 5 icons across, and 5 in the dock, and a number of the icons have been removed.
Derick Wrote:Screenshots of my iphone. On the home screen you see live weather image, along with the green dot with indicates battery, dot will change from green, to yellow, to red. Also along the status bar on the right is the current temp. I had it displayed under the weather image but didnt like it there. As you can see the background and all of the icons have been changed, the clock icon actually moves with the correct time (if i turn it on) Also you notice that there are 5 icons across, and 5 in the dock, and a number of the icons have been removed.
I seriously have to get mine soon. Almost got it on Saturday, but was in a rush.
Brian in NY Wrote:

If you use that phone for work and are in the field, yes. That was the primary reason one of my friends returned his iphone after two weeks to get a blackberry. He needs real time email 24 hours a day for work.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
Derick Wrote:Screenshots of my iphone. On the home screen you see live weather image, along with the green dot with indicates battery, dot will change from green, to yellow, to red. Also along the status bar on the right is the current temp. I had it displayed under the weather image but didnt like it there. As you can see the background and all of the icons have been changed, the clock icon actually moves with the correct time (if i turn it on) Also you notice that there are 5 icons across, and 5 in the dock, and a number of the icons have been removed.

Just b/c you can make it look pretty does not make up for the lack of battery life, lack of 3G and normal coverage and lack of business related usability.

It's a great phone for a college kid or a 20 something hipster, I will give it that.

You couldn't give me an iPhone. I've used WinMo phones since 2006 and the stuff they talk about Iphones doing now my old HTC 8525 did in 2006. I just upgraded to a Tilt 2 (HTC Rhodium) and the tweaks you can make to an HTC phone are unreal. You can customize just about everything. For free.
Pete Nice Wrote:It's a great phone for a college kid or a 20 something hipster, I will give it that.

100% right on the money
DaveP Wrote:
Derick Wrote:

The fact that you have to hack it to be able to run multiple programs is retarded..

+10
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
I'm just wondering......why do I want to run multiple apps on my phone?

Thats what a computer is for