Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Monday 09/19/2016 - DBN
So I am going to attempt to be on DBN more often. I haven't read back on any of the threads in awhile but I expect everyone to be on more too.
T is here making orders ^^^ lol
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
I took my daughter kayaking yesterday. She absolutely loved it. I need to buy a kayak now.
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
I HATE PIE!!
Oh, so Jim and his other daughter went with us. They jumped into a canoe and sat there..... facing each other.... and attempted to paddle around this lake. It was the most ridiculous thing I ever watched and I am amazed they didn't dump themselves into the water.
I HATE PIE!!
(09-19-2016, 12:03 PM)beckster aka Tatertits Wrote: Oh, so Jim and his other daughter went with us. They jumped into a canoe and sat there..... facing each other.... and attempted to paddle around this lake. It was the most ridiculous thing I ever watched and I am amazed they didn't dump themselves into the water.

Bahahaha. Were they just stagnant going in circles? I love canoeing and kayaking. I was part of the paddle club. We would do tandem kayaking, solo kayaking, dragon boat and canoeing. I was in a whole bunch of races before I moved and that was the end of it. I do it now in our lake for fun.
(09-19-2016, 01:12 PM)NussieT Wrote:
(09-19-2016, 12:03 PM)beckster Wrote: Oh, so Jim and his other daughter went with us.  They jumped into a canoe and sat there..... facing each other.... and attempted to paddle around this lake.  It was the most ridiculous thing I ever watched and I am amazed they didn't dump themselves into the water.

Bahahaha.  Were they just stagnant going in circles?    I love canoeing and kayaking.   I was part of the paddle club.  We would do tandem kayaking, solo kayaking, dragon boat and canoeing.   I was in a whole bunch of races before I moved and that was the end of it.   I do it now in our lake for fun.

They weren't going in circles, but going no where fast.  It was embarrassing.  There was another family of 4 who had obviously never canoed before who did tip over.  I felt bad for them.  

I really like the tandem kayak, it was so much easier to maneuver than a canoe would have been.
I HATE PIE!!
(09-19-2016, 10:14 AM)NussieT Wrote: So I am going to attempt to be on DBN more often.  I haven't read back on any of the threads in awhile but I expect everyone to be on more too.

I'm posting today.
So, I've already been here as much as I have in weeks.
(09-19-2016, 02:25 PM)beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:
(09-19-2016, 12:03 PM)beckster Wrote: Oh, so Jim and his other daughter went with us.  They jumped into a canoe and sat there..... facing each other.... and attempted to paddle around this lake.  It was the most ridiculous thing I ever watched and I am amazed they didn't dump themselves into the water.

Bahahaha.  Were they just stagnant going in circles?    I love canoeing and kayaking.   I was part of the paddle club.  We would do tandem kayaking, solo kayaking, dragon boat and canoeing.   I was in a whole bunch of races before I moved and that was the end of it.   I do it now in our lake for fun.

They weren't going in circles, but going no where fast.  It was embarrassing.  There was another family of 4 who had obviously never canoed before who did tip over.  I felt bad for them.  

I really like the tandem kayak, it was so much easier to maneuver than a canoe would have been.

IVe seen tandem kAyaks tip. I used to roll them just to listen to the person scream.
Grade 11 we went on a class canoe trip. You got off the bus, onto a speed boat to an island. Then from there you paddled to 3 different islands. We'd basically paddle from 8-9am til 3-4pm. Then set up camp on the island, eat and then swim, fish, tan... whatever. Best school trip.
(09-19-2016, 03:01 PM)Chip Wrote:
(09-19-2016, 10:14 AM)NussieT Wrote: So I am going to attempt to be on DBN more often.  I haven't read back on any of the threads in awhile but I expect everyone to be on more too.

I'm posting today.

Awesome. I haven't really asked. How was Italy?
(09-19-2016, 03:16 PM)NussieT Wrote:
(09-19-2016, 02:25 PM)beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:

IVe seen tandem kAyaks tip.  I used to roll them just to listen to the person scream.  
Grade 11 we went on a class canoe trip.  You got off the bus, onto a speed boat to an island.  Then from there you paddled to 3 different islands.  We'd basically paddle from 8-9am til 3-4pm.  Then set up camp on the island, eat and then swim, fish, tan... whatever. Best school trip.

I had Bri in it with me, so I wasn't about to let it tip.  I did feel like it was easier to keep it balanced.  but maybe it was just because I was trying harder with her in it.
I HATE PIE!!
(09-19-2016, 03:25 PM)beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:

IVe seen tandem kAyaks tip.  I used to roll them just to listen to the person scream.  
Grade 11 we went on a class canoe trip.  You got off the bus, onto a speed boat to an island.  Then from there you paddled to 3 different islands.  We'd basically paddle from 8-9am til 3-4pm.  Then set up camp on the island, eat and then swim, fish, tan... whatever. Best school trip.

I had Bri in it with me, so I wasn't about to let it tip.  I did feel like it was easier to keep it balanced.  but maybe it was just because I was trying harder with her in it.

Id do it my kids but they are a bit older than her now.
(09-19-2016, 03:17 PM)NussieT Wrote:

I'm posting today.

Awesome.  I haven't really asked.  How was Italy?

It kicked ass.
We skipped going to Venice, because that was the day of the earthquake.  We decided it might be a good idea to avoid the trains.
I wish we hadn't stayed in Naples, and instead stayed in Rome and took a day trip down to Pompeii.  90% of Naples reminds me of what I think of when I think of Brazil.  Nothing but apartment buildings with laundry drying on the balconies with graffiti everywhere.

Rome was amazing.  Cobblestones hurt to walk on.  But there are just awesome restaurants and massive 500 year old churches everywhere.

Pompeii was amazing.

Naples, not so much.

Florence was amazing too.
(09-19-2016, 03:38 PM)NussieT Wrote:
(09-19-2016, 03:25 PM)beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:
(09-19-2016, 01:12 PM)NussieT Wrote: Bahahaha.  Were they just stagnant going in circles?    I love canoeing and kayaking.   I was part of the paddle club.  We would do tandem kayaking, solo kayaking, dragon boat and canoeing.   I was in a whole bunch of races before I moved and that was the end of it.   I do it now in our lake for fun.

Id do it my kids but they are a bit older than her now.

When I was a kid and going to camp, they made us do the tip test.  So, once Bri is old enough, I will flip that fucker.
I HATE PIE!!
(09-19-2016, 03:42 PM)Chip Wrote:

I'm posting today.

It kicked ass.
We skipped going to Venice, because that was the day of the earthquake.  We decided it might be a good idea to avoid the trains.
I wish we hadn't stayed in Naples, and instead stayed in Rome and took a day trip down to Pompeii.  90% of Naples reminds me of what I think of when I think of Brazil.  Nothing but apartment buildings with laundry drying on the balconies with graffiti everywhere.

Rome was amazing.  Cobblestones hurt to walk on.  But there are just awesome restaurants and massive 500 year old churches everywhere.

Pompeii was amazing.

Naples, not so much.

I kept seeing everything that you were posting about Pompeii and I really wanted to be there. Looked awesome.
I rode the Gondola in the Venetian hotel in Vegas, my extent of Italian travelling
(09-19-2016, 04:18 PM)NussieT Wrote:
(09-19-2016, 03:42 PM)Chip Wrote:

I'm posting today.

It kicked ass.

Pompeii was amazing.

Naples, not so much.

I kept seeing everything that you were posting about Pompeii and I really wanted to be there.  Looked awesome.  
I rode the Gondola in the Venetian hotel in Vegas, my extent of Italian travelling

I think we were in Pompeii the day before the earthquake, and they felt it there.  I think I may have crapped my pants if I felt an earthquake there.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  December 2016 ~ Cuz Fuckers are lazy Beckster 12 1,064 05-14-2021, 02:29 AM
Last Post: niki123456
  Only Tuesday, September 13, 2016 Beckster 3 426 06-27-2020, 08:14 AM
Last Post: monika
  Monday, 04/10/18: Tuuuuuesday Chip 1 716 04-12-2018, 09:10 AM
Last Post: Beckster
  Week of Nov 21, 2016 ~ Thanksgiving Beckster 4 1,235 12-01-2016, 02:45 PM
Last Post: Chip
  Tuesday, Nov 8, 2016 ~ Election Day Beckster 12 1,974 11-21-2016, 04:48 PM
Last Post: Beckster