Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
April 7th, 2015 - Being Homeless
Joe Wrote:
NussieT Wrote:Could you not just sell your house as is!? Some people buy houses as fixer uppers. My sister is looking at one right now. They want to live in our pit house while they fix it up.

So the deal with the house is that I paid like 190k for it in 2006. Roughly around 2007-2008 it was worth 235k. After the economy tanked it went to 120k. It didn't exactly rebound and with me still owing like 175k I'm kinda screwed if I sell it for like 140k right now.

I don't know if it's only worth 140, but I figure my best chance is to finish off the basement completely with another large living room and a full bathroom before selling it. The bathroom with the exception of some trim work is pretty much done. At 11x6 it's a pretty big bathroom. A few weeks ago I had the rest of the supplies dropped off for the ceiling and walls. Once the ceiling is in all that remains is the carpet down there. I was hoping to carpet down there and then focus on the floors upstairs. I was going to do some tile in the bathrooms and then have some carpet put down in the living room and bedrooms and then put it right up for sale.

After all of that I hope to break even. With the market being so shitty in this area I don't think a fixer upper will sell unless I take a huge loss. If I take a huge loss then I can't get into a new place.

The more I think about it the more depressed I get. I spent several days in the hospital with my father last week in Jersey and it's time like that when I wish I was just back there even more.

How is your dad?
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
LeNeve Wrote:Kia sorento exploding 50 feet from my porch last night. Wish shit like that happened more often. It was a fun time.

Explosion: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://youtu.be/Phkk0qu2o3o">https://youtu.be/Phkk0qu2o3o</a><!-- m -->

Two or three times a year the fire department here sets a car on fire to practice with. Pretty sure they don't make them explode though.
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:How is your dad?

Much better.

The Veterans hospital is a horrible horrible place. Apparently he lost a ton of blood in surgery and was given way too much medication. He was basically home a few days after surgery in an state that had him barely responsive. My mom and sister called me in tears Thursday night at midnight when they couldn't get him to move. He was taken to the hospital (a better hospital) in an ambulance and I ran there to meet them. I did the 2 hour and 45 minute drive in 2 hour flat.

When I got to the hospital and opened the curtain I actually though he was dead. He was sleeping with his mouth wide open and his skin color resembled someone who had been embalmed. At first I closed the curtain until it registered that my mom and sister were standing in there. When he opened his eyes for the doctor he had no idea what day or year it was. I lost my shit and wanted to hunt down the doctors that performed the surgery and the follow up.

When I left there Sunday he was up and talking and actually making sense. They said it's going to take days to recover from the med cocktail they had him on. My mom told me last night he may get to leave today to go to physical therapy which is awesome.
So if I were to go back to the school I was helping last year the pay for what I do is like 60K. They aren't hiring, but basically for what I do that's the average pay. They are an hour east of me (Pennsylvania).

If I go an hour south (Maryland)the same position pays 104,997. :eek:
Joe Wrote:
NussieT Wrote:Could you not just sell your house as is!? Some people buy houses as fixer uppers. My sister is looking at one right now. They want to live in our pit house while they fix it up.

So the deal with the house is that I paid like 190k for it in 2006. Roughly around 2007-2008 it was worth 235k. After the economy tanked it went to 120k. It didn't exactly rebound and with me still owing like 175k I'm kinda screwed if I sell it for like 140k right now.

I don't know if it's only worth 140, but I figure my best chance is to finish off the basement completely with another large living room and a full bathroom before selling it. The bathroom with the exception of some trim work is pretty much done. At 11x6 it's a pretty big bathroom. A few weeks ago I had the rest of the supplies dropped off for the ceiling and walls. Once the ceiling is in all that remains is the carpet down there. I was hoping to carpet down there and then focus on the floors upstairs. I was going to do some tile in the bathrooms and then have some carpet put down in the living room and bedrooms and then put it right up for sale.

After all of that I hope to break even. With the market being so shitty in this area I don't think a fixer upper will sell unless I take a huge loss. If I take a huge loss then I can't get into a new place.

The more I think about it the more depressed I get. I spent several days in the hospital with my father last week in Jersey and it's time like that when I wish I was just back there even more.

Get to work Joey and get the fuck out of there.
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
I HATE PIE!!
LeNeve Wrote:Kia sorento exploding 50 feet from my porch last night. Wish shit like that happened more often. It was a fun time.

Explosion: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://youtu.be/Phkk0qu2o3o">https://youtu.be/Phkk0qu2o3o</a><!-- m -->

Kias deserve to blow up.
I HATE PIE!!
Joe Wrote:So if I were to go back to the school I was helping last year the pay for what I do is like 60K. They aren't hiring, but basically for what I do that's the average pay. They are an hour east of me (Pennsylvania).

MOVE TO MD!
I HATE PIE!!
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:
Joe Wrote:So if I were to go back to the school I was helping last year the pay for what I do is like 60K. They aren't hiring, but basically for what I do that's the average pay. They are an hour east of me (Pennsylvania).

MOVE TO MD!

MD is expensive as all hell. Stacy looked into moving down by her parent's and we'd pay like $350,000 for a regular 3 bed, 2.5 bath house.
Joe Wrote:

MOVE TO MD!

MD is expensive as all hell. Stacy looked into moving down by her parent's and we'd pay like $350,000 for a regular 3 bed, 2.5 bath house.

Yeah. Don't move to MD.
I just saw this the other day.

[Image: middle-class-cutoff-table%20(1).png?quality=90&w=500]
Rosco P. Coltrane died.
Confusedad:

http://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture/tv/ja...es-n337236
Joe Wrote:
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:How is your dad?

Much better.

The Veterans hospital is a horrible horrible place. Apparently he lost a ton of blood in surgery and was given way too much medication. He was basically home a few days after surgery in an state that had him barely responsive. My mom and sister called me in tears Thursday night at midnight when they couldn't get him to move. He was taken to the hospital (a better hospital) in an ambulance and I ran there to meet them. I did the 2 hour and 45 minute drive in 2 hour flat.

When I got to the hospital and opened the curtain I actually though he was dead. He was sleeping with his mouth wide open and his skin color resembled someone who had been embalmed. At first I closed the curtain until it registered that my mom and sister were standing in there. When he opened his eyes for the doctor he had no idea what day or year it was. I lost my shit and wanted to hunt down the doctors that performed the surgery and the follow up.

When I left there Sunday he was up and talking and actually making sense. They said it's going to take days to recover from the med cocktail they had him on. My mom told me last night he may get to leave today to go to physical therapy which is awesome.

I missed the boat somewhere!! What happened to your dad!? Glad to hear he's on the mend though!
Joe Wrote:

Call a home appraiser. It might cost you a little bit but it will be worth it. You can ask him if you fixed certain things up would it increase the value.
The house we bought the bank brought in home appraiser for us. The house we bought needs work but if we hate living there we can flip it.
Chip Wrote:Rosco P. Coltrane died.
Confusedad:

http://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture/tv/ja...es-n337236

Confusedad:
I HATE PIE!!
Chip Wrote:
Joe Wrote:

MOVE TO MD!

Yeah. Don't move to MD.
I just saw this the other day.

[Image: middle-class-cutoff-table%20(1).png?quality=90&w=500]

Well that's just great. MD and NJ was where I wanted to go.
Joe Wrote:Well that's just great. MD and NJ was where I wanted to go.

I was surprised NY and California weren't higher.
I guess once you get outside of NYC and LA, things aren't so expensive.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wednesday 12-2-2015 - Gun Walls LeNeve 5 207 07-17-2021, 05:22 AM
Last Post: Nortoncomsetup
  Friday, December 4, 2015 ~ RIP Scott Weiland Beckster 7 191 07-17-2021, 05:20 AM
  Tuiesday, December 8, 2015 ~ Florida Beckster 14 492 07-17-2021, 05:16 AM
  Wednesday, Dec 9, 2015 ~ Max Beckster 8 305 07-17-2021, 05:13 AM
  FRIDAY, April 29, 2016 ~ Chemtrails Beckster 31 2,321 04-29-2016, 03:16 PM
Last Post: Beckster
  Thursday, April 28, 2016 ~ Chilly Morning Beckster 49 2,173 04-28-2016, 03:36 PM
Last Post: LeNeve
  Wednesday, April 27, 2016 ~ Humpity Hump Day Beckster 55 1,611 04-27-2016, 04:21 PM
  April 26, 2016 ~ Epic Thread Tuesday Beckster 29 898 04-26-2016, 03:33 PM
Wink April 25th, 2016 - I'm just here like.... Joe 64 799 04-25-2016, 02:48 PM
  Friday, April 22, 2016 ~ Earth Day Beckster 16 422 04-22-2016, 04:23 PM