Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tues, Feb 24, 2015 ~ It's going down for reeeeeeaaaaaal
Chip Wrote:Ahh this made me laugh.

[youtube]0_6DeaRHWQc[/youtube]

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

I tried like hell to get my dog to play fetch. She would just sit there and stare at me. Little bitch.
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
NussieT Wrote:
Chip Wrote:Yeah, but then you'd live in Florida.
I think North or South Carolina would be better.
They don't seem as insane.

We would go southwest.... Arizona most likely. A few of our friends have condos in Phoenix already.

I could maybe do Phoenix. I don't know if I want to be there in the summer though.
A few years ago I started tweeting a random person about the bombers football team. We started tweeting each other often and it ended up we found out we used to play with each other as kids. Our dads are friends. Then we found out our sisters worked together at the bank.

So yesterday I asked Joey if drinking alone makes you an alcoholic, I had mentioned my friend because as far as I know he drinks quite a bit. Shortly after I sent it, he sends me a text message asking if I needed some help. Jim proceeded to tell me that any time a male is nice to you, he wants to bang you. I doubt that I've known Rich since I was like 6.
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:
Chip Wrote:Ahh this made me laugh.

[youtube]0_6DeaRHWQc[/youtube]

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

I tried like hell to get my dog to play fetch. She would just sit there and stare at me. Little bitch.

Probably what she said too.
Chip Wrote:No, it won't be legal, for a long time at least.
Car companies are making laser headlights that act like high beams but avoid on-coming traffic.
Those are illegal because of ancient 'safety standards'
Same with rear view mirrors that are actually rear facing cameras. But I think that one they're finding ways to make it a mirror and a video screen.

I thought some cars already have videos in the mirrors? Or maybe it's just the rear mirror and not the external ones.
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
I HATE PIE!!
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:
Chip Wrote:No, it won't be legal, for a long time at least.
Car companies are making laser headlights that act like high beams but avoid on-coming traffic.
Those are illegal because of ancient 'safety standards'
Same with rear view mirrors that are actually rear facing cameras. But I think that one they're finding ways to make it a mirror and a video screen.

I thought some cars already have videos in the mirrors? Or maybe it's just the rear mirror and not the external ones.

Maybe those are aftermarket, and that's what I'm thinking of.
NussieT Wrote:
beckster Wrote:I've been wanting to take time to learn those and SQL. I can't believe all the money I paid out for college to only be able to learn C++, FORTRAN, Pascal and VB. What a waste of my life.

In grade 11 I took a computer course to fill up my schedule. We blew threw everything the teacher was supposed to teach us so he started teaching us C++. The teacher told me I should take his grade 12 programming course but I didn't want to.

7th grade was my first computer class and that was on Apple IIs.. I learned my first programming language was Applesoft Basic and I was acing that in a way that had the teacher telling my mom I was a natural with programming.
I HATE PIE!!
NussieT Wrote:A few years ago I started tweeting a random person about the bombers football team. We started tweeting each other often and it ended up we found out we used to play with each other as kids. Our dads are friends. Then we found out our sisters worked together at the bank.

So yesterday I asked Joey if drinking alone makes you an alcoholic, I had mentioned my friend because as far as I know he drinks quite a bit. Shortly after I sent it, he sends me a text message asking if I needed some help. Jim proceeded to tell me that any time a male is nice to you, he wants to bang you. I doubt that I've known Rich since I was like 6.

It's about 50\50. Sometimes if I've been through something I'll offer help. Other times I'd just offer help to get in a bang.
Joe Wrote:
NussieT Wrote:
beckster Wrote:I've been wanting to take time to learn those and SQL. I can't believe all the money I paid out for college to only be able to learn C++, FORTRAN, Pascal and VB. What a waste of my life.

In grade 11 I took a computer course to fill up my schedule. We blew threw everything the teacher was supposed to teach us so he started teaching us C++. The teacher told me I should take his grade 12 programming course but I didn't want to.

You silly kids... We barely had computers in my day.

This ^^^
I HATE PIE!!
NussieT Wrote:
Joe Wrote:I'm sticking more more realistic goals like being able to take 1 vacation before I die.

Come to Canada for a visit. I'm pretty sure I can supply enough entertainment for a few days and if you like it a lot I can get a team of guys to build you a wicked ass house.

I went on a Circle tour of Lake Superior when I was a kid. I think years before that, we took the train to near Hudson Bay. I would love to do some of that again.
I HATE PIE!!
Joe Wrote:
Chip Wrote:
Joe Wrote:
Chip Wrote:I've been working in the structural/automotive conveyor business for 15 years now.
To switch to another software, I'd have to go more mechanical. And that would be like starting all over.
So, I would have to learn the software and get a mechanical engineering degree to get anywhere.

What does one do on a daily basis in this type of business?

Right now, I'm working on a couple of "bridges" for the Lansing Grand River Assembly plant.
They build Cadillacs there now, but are adding the Camaro. The Camaro is going to be smaller than the current one, and I think it'll be on the same platform as the ATS.
But anyway, the bridges are just rails that support equipment used to install something on a car. I don't even know what they're doing at this station.

But they say where they need the bridge, and we have to figure out how to hang it. If it's from building steel, or other steel that's already there.
And we have to draw up all the beams and hangers. How long, where all the holes need to be punched, everything. Down to a 1/16 of an inch.
I'm drawing it all up in a 3D model right now. Thursday we're going out into the plant to measure and check existing conditions.

That sounds pretty cool actually. 3D modelling software has always been interesting to me, but it's one of those things I'd like to learn but will never actually use.

AutoCAD has intrigued me in the same way. I'd like to learn just for the heck of it.
I HATE PIE!!
Joe Wrote:It's about 50\50. Sometimes if I've been through something I'll offer help. Other times I'd just offer help to get in a bang.

I can usually tell. Even if Rich did like me, he wouldn't try anything as long as I am with Jim.
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:AutoCAD has intrigued me in the same way. I'd like to learn just for the heck of it.

That's what we use. It has 3D modeling, but it's very basic.
And we have a 3D add on program we use.

But I have bootleg versions of AutoCAD that I use at home.
Chip Wrote:
Joe Wrote:
NussieT Wrote:Come to Canada for a visit. I'm pretty sure I can supply enough entertainment for a few days and if you like it a lot I can get a team of guys to build you a wicked ass house.

How about you move towards like Florida and then we can be neighbors. I'm done with this cold weather.

Yeah, but then you'd live in Florida.
I think North or South Carolina would be better.
They don't seem as insane.

[smiley]What he said[/smiley]

I am watching for signs from my sister, who moved to Sarasota, is becoming one of them. It scares me
I HATE PIE!!
NussieT Wrote:A few years ago I started tweeting a random person about the bombers football team. We started tweeting each other often and it ended up we found out we used to play with each other as kids. Our dads are friends. Then we found out our sisters worked together at the bank.

Jim always tries to tell me the same thing.
I HATE PIE!!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wednesday 12-2-2015 - Gun Walls LeNeve 5 207 07-17-2021, 05:22 AM
Last Post: Nortoncomsetup
  Friday, December 4, 2015 ~ RIP Scott Weiland Beckster 7 191 07-17-2021, 05:20 AM
  Tuiesday, December 8, 2015 ~ Florida Beckster 14 492 07-17-2021, 05:16 AM
  Wednesday, Dec 9, 2015 ~ Max Beckster 8 305 07-17-2021, 05:13 AM
  Thursday 12/31/2015 - New Years Eve! Joe 22 868 01-05-2016, 11:07 AM
Last Post: NussieT
Wink Wednesday 12/30/2015 - New Years Eve Eve Joe 17 790 12-30-2015, 07:27 PM
  Monday, December 28, 2015 ~ Christmas Hangover Beckster 8 645 12-28-2015, 05:26 PM
  Thursday 12/24/2015 - Christmas Eve (In Florida?) Joe 1 200 12-28-2015, 08:44 AM
Last Post: Beckster
  Wednesday 12/23/2015 - Day before the day before Joe 3 216 12-23-2015, 04:38 PM
  Tuesday 12/22/2015 - Cram it in there! Joe 24 488 12-22-2015, 04:37 PM
Last Post: Beckster