Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tuesday 12/22/2015 - Cram it in there!
I Feel like I didn't do a good enough job at buying Christmas gifts for Stacy so I need to go buy a bedroom vanity. The problem is I'm not sure I can fit on in my car. I may have to take it out of the box in pieces, scatter it around the car and re-box it when I get home. In the rain... Confusedad:
Joe Wrote:I Feel like I didn't do a good enough job at buying Christmas gifts for Stacy so I need to go buy a bedroom vanity. The problem is I'm not sure I can fit on in my car. I may have to take it out of the box in pieces, scatter it around the car and re-box it when I get home. In the rain... Confusedad:

Well crap.
Joe Wrote:I Feel like I didn't do a good enough job at buying Christmas gifts for Stacy so I need to go buy a bedroom vanity. The problem is I'm not sure I can fit on in my car. I may have to take it out of the box in pieces, scatter it around the car and re-box it when I get home. In the rain... Confusedad:

I wish I didn't know what I was getting for Christmas. Jim can't keep secrets.
So today, when I was going out to get lunch, I got stopped at a light and saw two guys trying to get a woman's minivan up on a trailer.
Like this one.
[Image: p-6362-carmate-7-x-16-car-trailer-for-sale.jpg.jpg]

The minivan obviously didn't work, so they were going to push it up the ramps.
When I was in high school, me and my brother tried to push a car up our drive way.
And because of that, I wanted to stop and watch these guys, but the light turned green and I was hungry.
[youtube]lsU-r814EXk[/youtube]
Chip Wrote:So today, when I was going out to get lunch, I got stopped at a light and saw two guys trying to get a woman's minivan up on a trailer.
Like this one.
[Image: p-6362-carmate-7-x-16-car-trailer-for-sale.jpg.jpg]

The minivan obviously didn't work, so they were going to push it up the ramps.
When I was in high school, me and my brother tried to push a car up our drive way.
And because of that, I wanted to stop and watch these guys, but the light turned green and I was hungry.

I have 2 absolute favourite broken down/accident stories to tell. I still think about them and laugh my ass off.

1) An Asian couple were moving from Toronto to Vancouver. Just outside of Winnipeg they fell asleep and ramped a center median. A tow truck brought it in. All four tires were basically flat like the Delorean when it flies. They had cancelled their Ontario insurance. I felt bad for them but the car looked awesome. Poor little Honda.

2) My sister and I were Christmas shopping in Grand Forks one year. It had stormed there the night before and the plows hadn't really been out yet. On our way to one store we saw a mini van on the center median, all 4 tires were off the ground and spinning. The guy was trying to rock it (obviously wasn't working. Best red light entertainment ever.
My brother broke down half way to my house (an hour and a half) and I had to borrow a trailer, attach it to my FJ and get his car. That was terrifying to drive on the PA Turnpike. Even more terrifying after I got it home and realized the guy never put the safety pin in to keep the hitch attached to my truck. It was basically hanging off the truck. Luck was on my side that day.
I've never seen anyone in any hilarious trouble, like hanging off a building or anything.

And the only trouble I had getting a car was a long time ago, when my brother going to school in Detroit had his brake line burst.
I went down there, and filled it up with as much fluid as we could, and babied the brakes all the way home.
The last car that left me stranded was my BMW. The fuel pump went and I had to crawl under it and bang on the tank to get it started. That worked a few times until it broke down right outside my development. I towed it home with a rope in the snow. Good times there.
Other then the time I ran out of gas, the one time I had a vehicle die on my on the road was in my 98 Dakota.
The wire, to the distributor cap came loose. It just randomly came loose while I was driving.
Chip Wrote:Other then the time I ran out of gas, the one time I had a vehicle die on my on the road was in my 98 Dakota.
The wire, to the distributor cap came loose. It just randomly came loose while I was driving.

That would suck, although it's an easy fix.
I mashed the gas to the floor in my 89 Mustang in a parking lot to do a burnout and the throttle stuck. That was exciting.
Joe Wrote:
Chip Wrote:Other then the time I ran out of gas, the one time I had a vehicle die on my on the road was in my 98 Dakota.

That would suck, although it's an easy fix.

Yeah, but I was like 20, and wasn't all that car-savvy.
It was late at night, and in the winter, I think I was coming home from a christmas party.
So, of course I got it towed.
Joe Wrote:I mashed the gas to the floor in my 89 Mustang in a parking lot to do a burnout and the throttle stuck. That was exciting.

:roflmao:
Chip Wrote:
Joe Wrote:I mashed the gas to the floor in my 89 Mustang in a parking lot to do a burnout and the throttle stuck. That was exciting.

:roflmao:

The worse part was that I was working on the car earlier that day and it was my fault it stuck.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wednesday 12-2-2015 - Gun Walls LeNeve 5 207 07-17-2021, 05:22 AM
Last Post: Nortoncomsetup
  Friday, December 4, 2015 ~ RIP Scott Weiland Beckster 7 191 07-17-2021, 05:20 AM
  Tuiesday, December 8, 2015 ~ Florida Beckster 14 492 07-17-2021, 05:16 AM
  Wednesday, Dec 9, 2015 ~ Max Beckster 8 305 07-17-2021, 05:13 AM
Wink Tuesday, July 2nd 2019 Joe 34 7 12-01-2020, 03:01 AM
Last Post: smithmachinist725
  Only Tuesday, September 13, 2016 Beckster 3 426 06-27-2020, 08:14 AM
Last Post: monika
  Tuesday, Nov 8, 2016 ~ Election Day Beckster 12 1,974 11-21-2016, 04:48 PM
Last Post: Beckster
  Tuesday, September 6, 2016 - Back Beckster 1 540 09-06-2016, 02:27 PM
  Tuesday, August 30, 2016 ~ Clowns are scary Beckster 12 1,072 08-30-2016, 02:46 PM
  Tuesday, August 23, 2016 ~ Bat Chronicles Beckster 6 734 08-24-2016, 08:43 AM