Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tues, Feb 24, 2015 ~ It's going down for reeeeeeaaaaaal
Chip Wrote:
Joe Wrote:
Chip Wrote:I wonder how much this would cost to replace if you get rear ended.
It's awesome though.

[youtube]SVVUm4y8oMw[/youtube]

I wonder how many people will rear end you while they are thinking "Wow, that's bad ass"

I bet it wouldn't take long for people to re-program it to display little messages.
Like "fuck off"

I've wanted something like that since I started driving.
Joe Wrote:
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:
Joe Wrote:I think I want to learn C#

I think I have books somewhere on it

The recruiters where I work say if you know .NET development (ASP & C#) you can write your own checks.

Go for it.
It would be nice if there were just a program I could learn to use where I could move up fast.
I've tried 2 different programs, Catia and Unigraphics, and I don't know why I did either.
To move into a job where I work on another program, I'd basically start all over in that field.
It's awesome though.

That is cool. I want to do that to this beater Buick I am driving.
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
Joe Wrote:
beckster Wrote:

The recruiters where I work say if you know .NET development (ASP & C#) you can write your own checks.

I've been wanting to take time to learn those and SQL. I can't believe all the money I paid out for college to only be able to learn C++, FORTRAN, Pascal and VB. What a waste of my life.
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
I HATE PIE!!
Joe Wrote:
Chip Wrote:I bet it wouldn't take long for people to re-program it to display little messages.
Like "fuck off"

I've wanted something like that since I started driving.

Me Too!!! :high5:
I HATE PIE!!
Chip Wrote:
Joe Wrote:

Go for it.
It would be nice if there were just a program I could learn to use where I could move up fast.
I've tried 2 different programs, Catia and Unigraphics, and I don't know why I did either.
To move into a job where I work on another program, I'd basically start all over in that field.

It would be a whole career change for me to go from Infrastructure to Development.
Joe Wrote:
beckster Wrote:

I've been wanting to take time to learn those and SQL. I can't believe all the money I paid out for college to only be able to learn C++, FORTRAN, Pascal and VB. What a waste of my life.

Shit if I had any of that training I'd be so much better off. I had 0 programming classes and that's why it's so hard for me to start learning on my own. Did you just not like doing C++ and VB?
Ahh this made me laugh.

[youtube]0_6DeaRHWQc[/youtube]
Joe Wrote:
Chip Wrote:Go for it.

It would be a whole career change for me to go from Infrastructure to Development.

I've been working in the structural/automotive conveyor business for 15 years now.
To switch to another software, I'd have to go more mechanical. And that would be like starting all over.
So, I would have to learn the software and get a mechanical engineering degree to get anywhere.
It's awesome though.

If they even allowed that. Jim's dad worked for the Province Of Manitoba as a traffic safety engineer. I recall a particular LED sign board at business causing accidents because it was really bright and the flashing pictures distracted people. They were unable to make the business take it down so they changed all the signage nearby bigger to block it until you got like 2 car lengths from it. The only time you can actually read anything on that board is when the light changes to red.
Joe Wrote:I kind of thought I'd be wealthy by now.... Not crazy doing coke off stripper's asses kind of wealthy, but like 1 sports cars, one truck, a motorcycle and an ATV kind of wealthy. Perhaps a 3 to 4 car garage is a good measure of wealth.

Jim's goal is to have a million dollars in our bank account by the time he is 35. It hasn't happened yet, I doubt we'll do it by the time he is 35, that's still 3 years away though. If we decided to sell all the pit equipment and the pit itself we may be close.
NussieT Wrote:
It's awesome though.

If they even allowed that. Jim's dad worked for the Province Of Manitoba as a traffic safety engineer. I recall a particular LED sign board at business causing accidents because it was really bright and the flashing pictures distracted people. They were unable to make the business take it down so they changed all the signage nearby bigger to block it until you got like 2 car lengths from it. The only time you can actually read anything on that board is when the light changes to red.

No, it won't be legal, for a long time at least.
Car companies are making laser headlights that act like high beams but avoid on-coming traffic.
Those are illegal because of ancient 'safety standards'
Same with rear view mirrors that are actually rear facing cameras. But I think that one they're finding ways to make it a mirror and a video screen.
NussieT Wrote:
Joe Wrote:I kind of thought I'd be wealthy by now.... Not crazy doing coke off stripper's asses kind of wealthy, but like 1 sports cars, one truck, a motorcycle and an ATV kind of wealthy. Perhaps a 3 to 4 car garage is a good measure of wealth.

Jim's goal is to have a million dollars in our bank account by the time he is 35. It hasn't happened yet, I doubt we'll do it by the time he is 35, that's still 3 years away though. If we decided to sell all the pit equipment and the pit itself we may be close.

I'm sticking more more realistic goals like being able to take 1 vacation before I die.
Joe Wrote:
NussieT Wrote:

I'm sticking more more realistic goals like being able to take 1 vacation before I die.

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

...wait...

Confusedad:
Me too.
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:I've been wanting to take time to learn those and SQL. I can't believe all the money I paid out for college to only be able to learn C++, FORTRAN, Pascal and VB. What a waste of my life.

In grade 11 I took a computer course to fill up my schedule. We blew threw everything the teacher was supposed to teach us so he started teaching us C++. The teacher told me I should take his grade 12 programming course but I didn't want to.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wednesday 12-2-2015 - Gun Walls LeNeve 5 207 07-17-2021, 05:22 AM
Last Post: Nortoncomsetup
  Friday, December 4, 2015 ~ RIP Scott Weiland Beckster 7 191 07-17-2021, 05:20 AM
  Tuiesday, December 8, 2015 ~ Florida Beckster 14 492 07-17-2021, 05:16 AM
  Wednesday, Dec 9, 2015 ~ Max Beckster 8 305 07-17-2021, 05:13 AM
  Thursday 12/31/2015 - New Years Eve! Joe 22 868 01-05-2016, 11:07 AM
Last Post: NussieT
Wink Wednesday 12/30/2015 - New Years Eve Eve Joe 17 790 12-30-2015, 07:27 PM
  Monday, December 28, 2015 ~ Christmas Hangover Beckster 8 645 12-28-2015, 05:26 PM
  Thursday 12/24/2015 - Christmas Eve (In Florida?) Joe 1 200 12-28-2015, 08:44 AM
Last Post: Beckster
  Wednesday 12/23/2015 - Day before the day before Joe 3 216 12-23-2015, 04:38 PM
  Tuesday 12/22/2015 - Cram it in there! Joe 24 488 12-22-2015, 04:37 PM
Last Post: Beckster